Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "Meet Others" section.
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

A "Meet Others" section.
I realized today that our forum is missing one thing that is very popular on many sites, kin and otherwise- A "Meet Others" section for finding people in your area to possibly talk to, or for just finding interesting folks to talk to over ye olde nets. I know I'd like to pull the Ohioans out of the woodwork and annoy them myself.

What does everyone think?
2008-03-15 0:56
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: A "Meet Others" section.
I don't think there's anyone around here. The closest person that I noted on the map to the Twin Cities was Luin.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-15 1:47
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

we have a frappr map here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frappr.com/otherkinphenomena/map">http://www.frappr.com/otherkinphenomena/map</a><!-- m --> if that is what you wanted...

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-03-15 2:57
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:

kahoku Wrote:we have a frappr map here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frappr.com/otherkinphenomena/map">http://www.frappr.com/otherkinphenomena/map</a><!-- m --> if that is what you wanted...

That's not what I was talking about. I meant something like the "Seeking Pen Pal or Companionship" section at otherkin.com.
2008-03-15 3:03
Find
Give Thanks
Veritas
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't know if we are quite big enough for that yet.

[Image: veritasbanner.png]
2008-03-15 3:33
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:

you can always look at the member list to see where everyone's from. Or start a topic in the off-topic section. as veritas said, we're not that many people here.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-03-15 14:50
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

kahoku Wrote:you can always look at the member list to see where everyone's from.

Not really. A good chunk of the locations imputed are jokes. Mine's a case of that.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-15 18:02
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I have to say, that a function like that. A "seeking" something function to a place like this might make it come off as a dating site. Which isn't really something I'd find all too shiny.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-03-15 21:57
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

this always reminds me of meet up groups. but i understand having a section for meeting people on a forum like this. but as it has been stated, i don't think this forum is large enough for a feature like that. really what could be done at this time is something in the general or off topic for people seeking penpals or companionship or just wanting to have a meetup. once the forum gets much larger it would make more sense to have a forum section dedicated to this. props to kayako for thinking ahead.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-03-16 1:56
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm generally against this, on the grounds that OK.com already has quite an extensive location directory, and rather than trying to post here I think it would be better to encourage people to post their locations over there. Of course if OK.net has died since the last time I posted this, feel free to disregard!

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-03-17 17:33
Find
Give Thanks