Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "Meet Others" section.
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: A "Meet Others" section.
I prefer not to join that site. It has a "mass-produced" quality that I prefer not to have in places like this.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-17 17:47
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Tell me about it. Plus, some of the people there creep me out.

We may be a small site now, but we'll grow, because we have some very influential and intelligent people here. Quality over quantity. And personally, I don't think the size of the site has anything to do with the ability to seek out people on here interested in getting together. Local meets can be lots of fun, and almost everyone likes new friends. I know I do.

I don't really see how it could be misunderstood as a dating thing. If it was titled "Meet Others", with the subtext "Look for new friends, pen pals or just interesting folks here", or something to that effect, you'd have to squint real close to think it was meant for dating.
2008-03-17 18:10
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I'm not really understanding the OK.net hate - it's just a large site which is also the best neutral nexus for otherkin links. Neutral because no message board, no admin personalities, just a place where anyone can add articles and links without having any kind of agenda.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-03-17 19:32
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Kayako Wrote:Tell me about it. Plus, some of the people there creep me out.

We may be a small site now, but we'll grow, because we have some very influential and intelligent people here. Quality over quantity. And personally, I don't think the size of the site has anything to do with the ability to seek out people on here interested in getting together. Local meets can be lots of fun, and almost everyone likes new friends. I know I do.

I don't really see how it could be misunderstood as a dating thing. If it was titled "Meet Others", with the subtext "Look for new friends, pen pals or just interesting folks here", or something to that effect, you'd have to squint real close to think it was meant for dating.

but with such a small number a people topics of that nature would be fitting under general / off - topic.

ok.com has over 2000 members and is still growing. that is the reason for all the forums to be broken down like they are. to help the members find exactly what they are looking for and to not have so many repeating post.

as for ok.net. i went there a long time ago and never did like it. i don't know if it's changed any since then, but it was rather fluffy when i first viewed it and put me off.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-03-17 19:41
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:

are we talking about ok.com or .net now? *confused*

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-03-18 2:57
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't really know. I'm not a member of either.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-18 3:06
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

kahoku Wrote:are we talking about ok.com or .net now? *confused*

lol. not sure, i know you've been referencing ok.com...but archer asked about the hate twards ok.net. so i responded to that as well.

~Zola.

2008-03-18 5:40
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I've only been talking about ok.net (which is essentially a directory with articles on it), not ok.com (which is a forum).

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-03-18 18:56
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:I've only been talking about ok.net (which is essentially a directory with articles on it), not ok.com (which is a forum).

ok.com is a website with a forum....

~Zola.

2008-03-19 0:31
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

zimmerchild Wrote:
Archer Wrote:I've only been talking about ok.net (which is essentially a directory with articles on it), not ok.com (which is a forum).

ok.com is a website with a forum....

Yes, a website with a forum which is the best known part of it.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2008-03-19 19:41
Find
Give Thanks