Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome!
DustWolf
five star floofy
Kintype: Wolf
Otherkin: No
Contribution:

Welcome!
Hello visitor,

OtherkinPhenomena (or OKP for short) is a forum dedicated to discussions about the Otherkin.

Though the forum appears inactive, I have been steadily upgrading it's software in the hopes that you will find it interesting and consider joining the discussion once more.

The OKP community has existed for many years and when I joined to help with the technical upgrade, I made it a priority to preserve the conversations people have had to date. You see, the struggle to understand one's otherkin identity has been the same for generations, many questions were already asked and answered, many topics already explored. These old posts are therefore an invaluable resource and have been preserved in the hopes that you will find them useful.

The Otherkin deserve a forum of their own, without having to try and merge who and what they are with therians, fictionkin and other similar groups. OKP is dedicated specifically to the Otherkin and is therefore your space to explore your identity and come to understand what you really are.

Though a bit of technical work is still to be done on the forums, I would like to invite you to join and help get the ball rolling now. I do not consider myself to be otherkin. I do not wish to impact the OKP culture. I am here merely as a friend offering support in helping restart OKP, with some slightly fresher tech and more responsive support. Smile

OKP will have their own staff and will operate more or less independently from my other forums. The site is owned by Elinox, who will take up a more formal role in the ownership once things start to get off the ground...

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2021-04-20 23:31 by DustWolf.)
2021-04-20 23:22
Find
Give Thanks
elicat
Member is Online
anam fallain
Kintype: Cat
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: Welcome!
I'd like to echo what Dusty has already said and add this: welcome to the revised and revamped OKP! Big Grin

[Image: YJKCUsm.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-04-21 0:03
Find
Give Thanks
Equinoxian
Copy cat
Kintype: Elf, Werewolf, Kitsune, Equine, Dragon
Contribution:

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this site, Dusty! It really means a lot to me- as someone who used this site back in the early days of awakening, it made my heart swim with joy when I heard it was coming back! I'm especially grateful that you archived everything... my jaw hit the floor when I saw the sheer number of posts.

It's great to be here. Thank you so much Dusty, and Elinox for all of your hard work, and dedication to keeping such an important part of otherkin history alive and well. ^ ^

Equinoxian & Cherry Soda Systems
Elf, werewolfdog, kitsune, dragon, horse, undead & other nonhumans.

[Image: KNIjH5J.gif]
2021-04-24 3:55
Find
Give Thanks
DustWolf
five star floofy
Contribution:

(2021-04-24 3:55)Asherah Wrote:  Thank you so much for all your hard work on this site, Dusty! It really means a lot to me- as someone who used this site back in the early days of awakening, it made my heart swim with joy when I heard it was coming back! I'm especially grateful that you archived everything... my jaw hit the floor when I saw the sheer number of posts.

^^

If you already had an account here and would like to recover it we can do that (merge).

I uh... I wasn't able to preserve the passwords, so anyone with an existing account will have to use the password reset link. If the account is associated with an email address that doesn't exist anymore you can ask someone on OKP staff to fix it (and I can help too... I just don't know the people).

LP,
Dusty

2021-04-24 7:51
Find
Give Thanks
Equinoxian
Copy cat
Contribution:

(2021-04-24 7:51)DustWolf Wrote:  ^^

If you already had an account here and would like to recover it we can do that (merge).

I uh... I wasn't able to preserve the passwords, so anyone with an existing account will have to use the password reset link. If the account is associated with an email address that doesn't exist anymore you can ask someone on OKP staff to fix it (and I can help too... I just don't know the people).

LP,
Dusty

Nah, we don't have an old account from here, but thanks.

I wanted to ask: is it possible to get the nice photograph backgrounds here, like TG has? I think it would really make the interface 'pop'.

Secondly, I'm getting in touch with old friends and inviting them to the community. Taking a bit of time, but it should be worth it. ^ ^

Thanks for listenin'.

Hannya

2021-04-27 22:50
Find
Give Thanks
DustWolf
five star floofy
Contribution:

(2021-04-27 22:50)Asherah Wrote:  I wanted to ask: is it possible to get the nice photograph backgrounds here, like TG has? I think it would really make the interface 'pop'.

Pop! Wink

Merging the code was a bit messy so apologies if this introduced any bugs I don't see right now.

LP,
Dusty

2021-04-28 22:07
Find
Give Thanks
Equinoxian
Copy cat
Contribution:

(2021-04-28 22:07)DustWolf Wrote:  
(2021-04-27 22:50)Asherah Wrote:  I wanted to ask: is it possible to get the nice photograph backgrounds here, like TG has? I think it would really make the interface 'pop'.

Pop! Wink

Merging the code was a bit messy so apologies if this introduced any bugs I don't see right now.

LP,
Dusty

Thank you so much, Dusty!! You're the best! :-D

2021-04-28 22:55
Find
Give Thanks
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Contribution:

FYI, Gmail thought the password recovery email was spam. Since any existing user will probably want to do that, it might be a good idea to post an obvious notice about it somewhere.

Also, the "Guest" forum where unregistered users are supposed to be able to post is requiring a login - is that an intentional change?

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2021-04-30 22:01
Find
Give Thanks
DustWolf
five star floofy
Contribution:

(2021-04-30 22:01)Arethinn Wrote:  FYI, Gmail thought the password recovery email was spam. Since any existing user will probably want to do that, it might be a good idea to post an obvious notice about it somewhere.

Go ahead.

(2021-04-30 22:01)Arethinn Wrote:  Also, the "Guest" forum where unregistered users are supposed to be able to post is requiring a login - is that an intentional change?

I'm afraid it will get insta-SPAMmed, so maybe for now leave it like this? I guess if staffers are okay with it being open and will remove spam posts and the like, we can do that.

I removed a few thousand spambot accounts that were on here from the old forum software. As much as the tweaks I made guarantee good spambot protection for getting registered, there is no such protection should it be possible to post without an account.

LP,
Dusty

2021-05-01 10:55
Find
Give Thanks
Equinoxian
Copy cat
Contribution:

(2021-05-01 10:55)DustWolf Wrote:  
(2021-04-30 22:01)Arethinn Wrote:  FYI, Gmail thought the password recovery email was spam. Since any existing user will probably want to do that, it might be a good idea to post an obvious notice about it somewhere.

Go ahead.

(2021-04-30 22:01)Arethinn Wrote:  Also, the "Guest" forum where unregistered users are supposed to be able to post is requiring a login - is that an intentional change?

I'm afraid it will get insta-SPAMmed, so maybe for now leave it like this? I guess if staffers are okay with it being open and will remove spam posts and the like, we can do that.

I removed a few thousand spambot accounts that were on here from the old forum software. As much as the tweaks I made guarantee good spambot protection for getting registered, there is no such protection should it be possible to post without an account.

LP,
Dusty

ooo by the way, dusty- someone brought it to my attention that the adult board is accessible from the outside when you don't have an account. is there a way to fix that?

gutts

2021-05-01 17:27
Find
Give Thanks