Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome!
DustWolf
five star floofy
Kintype: Wolf
Otherkin: No
Contribution:

RE: Welcome!
(2021-05-01 17:27)Asherah Wrote:  ooo by the way, dusty- someone brought it to my attention that the adult board is accessible from the outside when you don't have an account. is there a way to fix that?

I put up a post about that on the staff-only board a while ago:
https://forum.otherkinphenomena.org/Thre...ermissions

You guys on the staff kinda have to decide how you want everything set up. E.g.: If you want to have an adult-only area, you will have to decide how that will be done using the forum groups and then when you activate someone on the forums you will also have to take care to add them in the correct group, etc. I can help with automation somewhat but you guys will have to decide what you want the procedure to be first.

The forum permissions themselves can be configured by an admin, so I imagine that would be Elinox when she returns form vacation.

Just don't forget to let me know if you make something non-public, so that I can configure the SEO (that is working on making OKP easier to find using Google) accordingly.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2021-05-01 18:54
Find
Give Thanks
Arethinn
Grump
Kintype: Sidhe/Fae, Dragon
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution:

(2021-05-01 10:55)DustWolf Wrote:  
(2021-04-30 22:01)Arethinn Wrote:  FYI, Gmail thought the password recovery email was spam. Since any existing user will probably want to do that, it might be a good idea to post an obvious notice about it somewhere.

Go ahead.

Sorry, I don't understand. Go ahead and what? I'm not staff here, it was just a suggestion because it happened to me when I was resetting my password. I was thinking maybe an info banner on the top of the site, or a pinned/sticky post in announcements or something.

Formerly known as Eshari.
arethinn @ tumblr and Dreamwidth | shyfoxling @ DeviantArt
2021-05-03 20:19
Find
Give Thanks
elicat
anam fallain
Kintype: Cat
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I'm going to start playing around with settings behind the scenes soon so hopefully I can modify this.

Hopefully, I won't break anything permanently... Tongue

[Image: YJKCUsm.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-05-04 0:37
Find
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Pile of spotty floof.
Kintype: Dragon, cheetah, others.
Contribution: tick 

Thanks Dust- your coding skills are really appreciated!

Volunteer moderator.
WinkIf you have any issues, questions, or would just like to chat feel free to send me a private message.

[Image: OKPbanner3.png]
2021-07-08 12:30
Find
Give Thanks