Well, as far as I can tell, the majority of the users here have read (and responded to) the rules thread, but I'm noticing a lot of "failure to comply" lately.
A couple users now have left, seemingly because of this, and I'm beginning to want to follow them, if this isn't fixed.
To quote the rules:
1. All members shall act in a civil manner. Please be polite and respective of other members beliefs. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
2. Language shall remain professional at all times, excessive vulgarities or slang which will include slurs and chat language is prohibited. We are a PG/PG13 board.
3. Members of the administrative staff have the final word, we are open to discussion but not to argument.
4. This forum is here for support, as well as for learning. Content or placement of petty personal issues that serve to detract from these goals is prohibited. Save the drama for your journals please.
5. Please watch your spelling and grammar. We have members who do not speak English as a first language so please be mindful of your punctuation and spelling.
6. You must abide by the rules and we will assume you have read them. Ignorance is no excuse. Thank you.
7. After your account is activated, please have the courtesy to introduce yourself in the appropriate subforum. We don't mind if after that you prefer to read more posts as opposed to post any, but an introduction gives our members a chance to welcome you properly to the forum and to get acquainted with you. If you have 0 posts after a month of activation, your account will be deleted.
Mainly, I'm seeing a lot of people (and several profuse offenders, though I won't name names) breaking rules 1 & 6. I'm not going to say I haven't stepped over this line a couple times, but every time, I've been goaded into doing so by others already doing so.
I don't really know what else to say here, and NO I will not go link or quote examples, as I think this is fairly evident, recently.