Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules Lately
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Rules Lately
Taiaka Wrote:I also don't think that it is so cut and dry as to say that no matter what we do, some kitten or some interigator (or instigator might be more fitting) would throw a fit if confronted.

I am not entirely sure if you meant "instigator" to refer to both kittens and interrogators, or only interrogators - but just for the sake of having it on record, IMO the kittens instigate arguments just as much as the interrogators do.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-03-04 18:57
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Archer Wrote:...IMO the kittens instigate arguments just as much as the interrogators do.
Example, please?

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-03-04 19:05
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Xanthus Wrote:
Archer Wrote:...IMO the kittens instigate arguments just as much as the interrogators do.
Example, please?

Examples would require me to quote specific posts and thus point at specific examples, which I think would be wholly inappropriate.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-03-04 19:11
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:
Xanthus Wrote:
Example, please?

Examples would require me to quote specific posts and thus point at specific examples, which I think would be wholly inappropriate.
Then give a theoretical example.

I really don't see how the abstinance of answering questions could instigate an argument in any reasonable way. I mean, if you refused to answer a question, I suppose the other party COULD fly off the handle and start a flame-war, but I think that's more the flamer starting the arguement.

Seems similar to blaming people who don't drink for alcoholism.

2008-03-04 19:14
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Xanthus Wrote:Then give a theoretical example.

I think that would be entirely pointless, as it would either be so close to behaviour that has happened here as to make it obvious who it was referring to, or it would be so removed as to be irrelevant.

Quote:I really don't see how the abstinance of answering questions could instigate an argument in any reasonable way. I mean, if you refused to answer a question, I suppose the other party COULD fly off the handle and start a flame-war, but I think that's more the flamer starting the arguement.

I have said it before and I will say it again: at no point have I suggested that the defining characteristic of "kittens" is refusal to answer questions. In fact various people have suggested that a lot of the drama could be nipped in the bud if the kittens simply ignored or chose not to reply to those questions that made them uncomfortable.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2008-03-04 19:18
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:
Quote:I really don't see how the abstinance of answering questions could instigate an argument in any reasonable way. I mean, if you refused to answer a question, I suppose the other party COULD fly off the handle and start a flame-war, but I think that's more the flamer starting the arguement.

I have said it before and I will say it again: at no point have I suggested that the defining characteristic of "kittens" is refusal to answer questions. In fact various people have suggested that a lot of the drama could be nipped in the bud if the kittens simply ignored or chose not to reply to those questions that made them uncomfortable.
Then what IS the defining characteristic?

It seems like it was meant to be a contrast from INTERROGATOR. I.e: One group that asks rude and tactless questions and demands answers vs. another group that doesn't really ask any questions and demands politeness and acceptance.

2008-03-04 19:31
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Also - in regards to reporting posts - there is currently no category on the reports for "This post violates forum rules", or "This post is offensive" or "This post is a flame" or "This post is a troll" or anything else which could be used for this category or reporting.

Could we have something like this added?

2008-03-04 19:49
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well, there is the "other" option at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-03-04 19:52
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Xanthus Wrote:Then what IS the defining characteristic?

I'm not getting into this; I've been in these two threads only to drop in a couple of my own opinions here and there, not to argue back and forth.

Freetha Wrote:Well, there is the "other" option at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

Freetha is entirely right; I believe you can add any details you want to in the text field.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

2008-03-04 20:07
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:
Xanthus Wrote:Then what IS the defining characteristic?

I'm not getting into this; I've been in these two threads only to drop in a couple of my own opinions here and there, not to argue back and forth.
Ok, so we're supposed to have a discussion about the pros of a solution to a problem that refuses to be defined?
Could that be any more ridiculous??

Overall, I find the whole Kittens vs. Interrogators to be a strawman argument. But this isn't really the thread for that...so I'll go say so there.
Archer Wrote:
Freetha Wrote:Well, there is the "other" option at the bottom of the drop-down menu.

Freetha is entirely right; I believe you can add any details you want to in the text field.
I have been doing so. Not to be snippy, but obviously by my request, I already knew what was there. I don't need to be reminded.

2008-03-04 20:14
Find
Give Thanks