Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably a stupid thought...
Sahra
College Student, Bartender
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Probably a stupid thought...
zilchy Wrote:If it's truth you want, go take a theology class. Or cry in a corner, your pick.

Thing is, the world isn't soft and cuddly. So why not scare off the ones who want a cuddly, convenience-based, hardship-free, fantasy world by cutting to the chase, saying what you mean, and sounding off like you've got a pair while you do it?

Glossing over issues never makes anyone any happier in the long haul, and generally leads to feelings of mutual deceit.

I agree that the world isn't soft and cuddly. But I was under the impression that this group was for support. Now that doesn't mean coddling, certainly, but I'm not sure that "scaring off" is necessarily the best approach either.

Also, I'm not sure if we're sticking with the rules that Terro posted on the first site (I noticed that they haven't been moved here yet - are they being revised?) but

Terro Wrote:Otherkin Phenomena is a site dedicated to the study of truth, whether it be the truth or our beliefs, or the truth of anything from an event to the meaning of life. It is the belief here that only through civil discussion ranging from brainstorming and sharing of ideas up to friendly debate that we can strip away the myths that come about as a result of any number of variables and discover the truth within.

And

Terro Wrote:This forum is predominantly placed here for support, as well as for learning

Frankly, I don't care what the subtitle of the forum winds up being. I do care, however, about supporting the stated goals of the forum.

Does this still stand or are there major upcoming changes?

"Someday after we have mastered the winds, the waves, and gravity, we will harness for God the energies of love; and then for a second time in the history of the world, human beings will have discovered fire." - Teilhard de Chardin
2008-01-10 21:54
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

it does still stand, and will be included into the upcoming homepage.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-01-10 21:58
Find
Give Thanks
Chris
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Maybe something along the lines of "No Fluffiness and Role-Playing please."
2008-01-10 22:04
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

kahoku Wrote:it does still stand, and will be included into the upcoming homepage.

As it were writ, so shall it be.
YAR!

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-01-10 22:46
Find
Give Thanks
Veritas
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

*pops into the room* Someone seeking truth?

[Image: veritasbanner.png]
2008-01-10 23:26
Find
Give Thanks