OtherkinPhenomena: Forum

Full Version: A "Meet Others" section.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.....Do I have to show you what I mean? I think I do.

Fine. Show I shall.

As for the LJ com....I'll think about it. But I already mod like....five. Well, only three area actual coms. Free World Press and Kryztaline don't count.
I think the section would be useful, for more than even just the prescribed usage.
The example given so far is being able to post threads in a sort of "Outreach" section to the effect of "I'm from Ohio, anyone care to do something?" So that people from that area who may not be comfortable BROADCASTING their location can PM that poster and say, "Yeah, I'm from there, what do you wanna do?"

However, the section could also encompass any sort of IRL request, really.

Perhaps a better name for such a section would be "Personals"
Xanthus Wrote:I think the section would be useful, for more than even just the prescribed usage.
The example given so far is being able to post threads in a sort of "Outreach" section to the effect of "I'm from Ohio, anyone care to do something?" So that people from that area who may not be comfortable BROADCASTING their location can PM that poster and say, "Yeah, I'm from there, what do you wanna do?"

However, the section could also encompass any sort of IRL request, really.

Perhaps a better name for such a section would be "Personals"

And there, exactly, is the reason why I posted a while ago that such a section could easily give of the feel of a "dating" site.
I think Off Topic would do just fine for that sort of thing untill we get big enough for it to have its own place.
Xanthus Wrote:Perhaps a better name for such a section would be "Personals"

Something like that just screams "want ads" to me and I don't think it's what we're going for here. There is already an ads/links section to post things of that nature so a completely new section for personal ads is redundant IMO.
Freetha Wrote:And there, exactly, is the reason why I posted a while ago that such a section could easily give of the feel of a "dating" site.
Which was basically my point. Though, that could easily be solve via rules against such being in place.

I mean it would be nice to have a section where we could collect any sort of requests like:

"Vampire Looking for Donor"
"Bored Kin Looking for Buddies"
"New Movie Out in Ohio - Looking for Friends to Watch With"
"Looking for Experienced Tarot Reader"
"Looking for Someone Selling Crystals"
etc

Though, it'd remain to be seen how much use such a section would get.

Elinox Wrote:Something like that just screams "want ads" to me and I don't think it's what we're going for here. There is already an ads/links section to post things of that nature so a completely new section for personal ads is redundant IMO.
Yeah, based on what it'd be used for the Ads/Links section could encompass it. Or you could just break the Ads/Links section into 2 sections: "Ads/Personals" and "Links"
But Xan, what if you're posting an "ad" for a "link"?
Freetha Wrote:But Xan, what if you're posting an "ad" for a "link"?
I think it's much more likely someone would post a link to an ad than an ad for a link.

In either case, though, I'd think anything that is, or directs to, any sort of advertisment would need to go in ads. Anything that just links to someplace that's NOT selling/advertising something could go in Link (such as links to other forums, game community sites, research tools, etc).
And a link to a personal site?
Xanthus Wrote:"Looking for Someone Selling Crystals"

Although this could be taken the wrong way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's