OtherkinPhenomena: Forum

Full Version: The way that werewolves are represented in media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started reading a book about werewolves today, and basically they are people who fully, physically shift into wolves. I thought it was strange, the different ways that they are represented. For example in Harry Potter, Prof. Lupin is a bipedal hybrid between a human and a wolf. Other bipedal hybrids look more attractive, just lupin gave the best contrast.

[Image: 360%3Fcb%3D20151218230927&usqp=CAU]
Prof. Lupin

[Image: 1538811048.slorgim_c4c8657c2bfa99f3bbfb4...p;usqp=CAU]
I prefer my werewolves, and other animal-type shifters, to be mostly beastial creatures. Walking on all fours as well as two, snarly animalistic, furry, and perhaps the most important, having a tail. I hate it when werewolves don't have a tail!

While I love the character of Remus Lupin, his werewolf form is ugly and stupid looking. My favorite movie werewolf is from Van Helsing.

I've also really enjoyed when a character simply shapeshifts into a large wolf.
(2021-10-05 13:13)Elinox Wrote: [ -> ]I hate it when werewolves don't have a tail!
Yes! It annoys me to no end xP

(2021-10-05 13:13)Elinox Wrote: [ -> ]I've also really enjoyed when a character simply shapeshifts into a large wolf.

That's my favourite type of werewolf, yes.
Reference URL's