OtherkinPhenomena: Forum

Full Version: Notification of Posting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if it would be possible to offer a notification to a poster that someone else has posted while they were typing up a response?

I've run into it a few times now in the adult forum where I go on typing up my response, post it, and everything says it goes along smoothly. But as soon as I view my post, another has been done in it's absence and sometimes my posts are no longer relevant or need editing.

This isn't a big deal, but I've seen other boards offer you a warning that another post has already been made while you were typing, and they often offer a preview of what that post was. Is this possible? It would be really handy.
Good question. I have run into this myself and was wondering the same thing.
I also agree this could be useful. I've seen this feature on other PhPBB3 boards, I think - perhaps there's a downloadable mod for it?
Doesn't this board do that already? I could have sworn I got the whole 'a new post was made while you were typing, you may wanna revise your junk' message and the post pops up at the top as if you were editing. You sure this board doesn't already do it? Hmmmm....I dunno, my short term memory is shot in the first place.
I thought it was this forum, too, but it hasn't seemed to be working to past couple days, so I thought I was mistakenly thinking of another forum.

Maybe it just got turned off?
Nope. It doesn't do that at all. I have gotten caught by it quite a few times.
i thought it did that too. let me check the settings... again...
Thank you very much, I appreciate it Kahoku.
It seems to be working perfectly fine on my end. The only thing, I think, that could effect it is if you and the other person submit at the exact same time, which may or may not get caught in the system, depending.
It's worked for me most times. *scratches head*
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's