OtherkinPhenomena: Forum

Full Version: Fae and excess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Archer, I understand the said "excess" here is about the pursuit of pleasure a little (or much) more farther than what would be considered healthy. Something like luxury. Like someone who's always searching for ways to feel euphoric, like drinking and partying, or someone who tends to eat more than the necessary, compusively, just for the pleasure of eating, or anything like that. Not in the same way as, liking something a lot, or dedicating to something a lot, in a healthy way.
aeryael Wrote:Celestia, I'm curious about why you mentioned their obsession with you. Do you have any kind of explanation for that, associated with the fact that they're fae?

No idea, if someone were to ask me to make a list of people with an unnatural obsession with me all three of them would be on the top of my list.
aeryael Wrote:Archer, I understand the said "excess" here is about the pursuit of pleasure a little (or much) more farther than what would be considered healthy. Something like luxury. Like someone who's always searching for ways to feel euphoric, like drinking and partying, or someone who tends to eat more than the necessary, compusively, just for the pleasure of eating, or anything like that. Not in the same way as, liking something a lot, or dedicating to something a lot, in a healthy way.

I think this is my main issue with the concept. I don't know many fae in depth (in terms of discussing their culture and such on a regular basis) any more, but when I did, I think I recall that a lot of them were more into what you could call hedonism than most other people. But was it excessive? Not in the sense of damaging themselves, anyway. Just in the sense of having sex with lots of people and getting drunk and being perfectly happy about it afterwards.

Past lives/present energy can certainly influence current behaviour and interests, and even psychological problems (or, for that matter, strengths). But when it gets to the level of eating disorders, alcoholism, substance abuse, frequent high risk sexual behaviour - those strike me as mental problems that are almost certainly going to be a lot more influenced by what happens in this life than anything else.

Speaking for myself, past life experiences may certainly have made me an especially moody and introspective teenager - but it was this life experiences that led me to be drunk for several years.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's