Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is a demon persay?
DogDragonChi-zu
Student at UVA-Wise. working at Southwest Virginia historical state park. majoring in Environmental Science.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

what is a demon persay?
ok, well i know there are different versions of demons and depending on where you get your info is what type there is. i've heard of the shapeshifting demons that are like energy and i've heard of ones that are more powerfull but still have multiple forms where they can choose to be what they want. i want to see your points of views on demons since mine seems to be different from most people but maybe i just have a lower lever or higher level of demon in me. i'm demon i know that cause of the world that my side originates from but i want to say it is different from what i read online here.

2008-07-15 4:15
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: what is a demon persay?
there is a discussion about the nature of demons here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://otherkinphenomena.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=446">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=446</a><!-- l -->

you may also want to look at the article section.

would you care to share what is your point of view, and how it is different from, say, simim's and my definiton?

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-07-15 10:10
Find
Give Thanks
DogDragonChi-zu
Student at UVA-Wise. working at Southwest Virginia historical state park. majoring in Environmental Science.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

ok, as i'm a bit unexperienced from all this and still learning the best way i can say the differences are is that the demon is a part of the animal in me. there is certain demonic traits that still hold out but only some. i'm not saying i'm Otakukin but using the higher up human form demons from the anime InuYasha is the best way to describe it all. though there are still differences there. the land that my side is from is of much land structure that i've grown up with and yet still different, it is not japan that my side is in though i don't know the name of it since she doesn't talk with the humans in that world. it is basicly our world stuck in the fuedal times with true demons and monsters plaguing the lands which prevent from any technological advances.

but back to the topic, the demon in me is curious about humans but the dragon in me feels the sense of knowing them. i can't really explain it more than just saying that i'm a mix of dog demon and dragon demon which are merely demons with animal features to them that are specific to one animal or a mix of two if the parents were single. there are many cases like that but as my side does not socialize often for fear of hurting others she stays to herself.

2008-07-15 13:48
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

DogDragonChi-zu Wrote:but back to the topic, the demon in me is curious about humans but the dragon in me feels the sense of knowing them. i can't really explain it more than just saying that i'm a mix of dog demon and dragon demon which are merely demons with animal features to them that are specific to one animal or a mix of two if the parents were single. there are many cases like that but as my side does not socialize often for fear of hurting others she stays to herself.

I’m curious how you identify as a dragon demon and it’s relation to your other aspects. Might you elaborate more on that specifically?

So you don’t have to go further into the actual mix but rather the separate components and where ones influence end and the other begins that leads you to believe they are all separate of one another while still being apart of you.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-07-22 9:44
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I think this is a good topic. IME, terms can become rather vague in otherkin communities. "Elf, fae, angel..." all terms that I ahve seen vastly diverse definitions of. "Deomon" is another.

IMO this loss of more distinct definition is a detriment to spoken language, but I guess that would be a different topic.

To counter that I tend to add some kind of qualifier when I use certain terms. For me, a "demon" is a word I personally use only to describe a very specific group of spirits that once served YHWH but came into rebellion and fell, or, were cast to earth where they reside now. These spirits do not incarnate. With an ability to assume physical form, they wouldn't need to.

I understand that others use the term differently. i am not trying to disagree, I am just pointing out the way specific words get used in a variety of ways.

So if any "Demons" here feel put out by my words, I beg peace. it is likely that we are simply using the same word to describe entirely different concepts. The above is merely my use of the term.
2008-08-08 23:45
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

The only thing demons have in common is that they are chaotic by nature...other than being beings of chaos...demons are a very diverse lot.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-08-09 21:20
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I would have to ask what it means to be chaotic by nature?

At first glance, that attribute seems easily applicable to most humans.
2008-08-09 21:54
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Well demons are energy beings...so it would mean that they are basically made of chaos. Humans are physical beings, so human souls, as well as souls of physical beings in general, are made from basically "balanced" energy. It's neither purely chaotic or purely ordered...it has the potential to be either or both depending on the individual. That's how I see it anyway.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-08-09 23:33
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Ah ok. So you use the word demon to define a being made of chaos energy or chaotic energy.
2008-08-09 23:38
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Yeah, "an energy being made of chaos energy" is generally how "demon" is used in otherkin circles.

There are, of course, other usages - like the Judeo Christian one of an angel fallen from service, or often just to describe any being which has horns and looks scary.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-08-09 23:43
Find
Give Thanks