Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*tap tap* This thing on?
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

*tap tap* This thing on?
First post in.

How about a quick roll call - how many walk-in or multiple systems do we have here?

Me/we first - I have a shadow "hitchiker" in my soul, that is to say bits of me are missing, and bits of him fill in the gaps - bits of two originally separate people which now add up to about one.

Anyone else?

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-01-17 19:09
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: *tap tap* This thing on?
Possibly me. I'm really not entirely sure if my different personalities are different souls entirely or just... memories, I suppose.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-01-17 19:33
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

We're here.

There's Iago - the "original". He's vampiric and as a result nabs little bits of other "souls" and integrates them into himself. Occasionally, there's a large enough bit or enough small ones to "create" another separate consciousness. That's how he got us, being Puck and myself. We don't know what "species" Iago is but we know he isn't human.
Puck is an ET and became attached to Iago at least several thousand years ago.
And, there's me, William, and I have no idea what I am. Either human-wish-kin or some type of therian. I've been around since 2001-2002.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-01-17 21:32
Find
Give Thanks
ForestDemon
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

As odd as this may sound, I want to learn how to let spirits take over, I can let them stay in my body, just not let them take over.
2008-01-18 7:45
Find
Give Thanks
Shade
Still a Wal-mart slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Quote:As odd as this may sound, I want to learn how to let spirits take over, I can let them stay in my body, just not let them take over.
Curiously, why would you want them to do that? It's not fun...

“To his friends a man shall always remain a friend,
And return gift for gift;
Laughter for laughter let him return
And falsehood for lies.”
–Hávamál
2008-01-18 15:05
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

ForestDemon Wrote:As odd as this may sound, I want to learn how to let spirits take over, I can let them stay in my body, just not let them take over.

Being taken over is no fun at all. You can never be completely sure what they're going to do. Allowing a spirit to use your body under your supervision can be useful, though, and I support that road.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-01-18 16:33
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well, there are some cultures that practice controlled posession, like Vodoun(sp?).

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-01-18 16:55
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

ForestDemon Wrote:As odd as this may sound, I want to learn how to let spirits take over, I can let them stay in my body, just not let them take over.

It sounds odd because you don't give a coherent reason as to why you might want to do this.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-01-18 18:37
Find
Give Thanks
auriel
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

forestdemon, do you mean mediumship, such as automatic writing or classic seance-style channeling?

i'm fairly certain every tradition/faith of this world warns against doing this without some kind of protection (be it a deity/charm/etc)...you may want to do work with a fetch or servitor first...to get a feel for such things...information on them is rather prevalent on the web so i won't waste your time getting into it here.

unless you're giving full control, you're still going to be aware of whatever is going on, so one can't really use it to escape earthly problems (and any kind of 'possession' is very taxing on both parties)...many spirits wouldn't function well in this world anyway...so you can't just phone up some random dead mathematician to take a test for you......they can't function as you would inside your body.

it may be your common sense not allowing them to take over...or the spirit itself knowing better....i apologize as i'm sounding a bit more objective than usual (been through this road before, i was young and didn't know better lol....nothing bad became of it as the spirit merely had a sense of humor and an innocent one at that....it helped me learn this lesson quick)

and if one did take over...how would you know? your immediate consciousness would be misplaced and your subconscious would be in dream-land...time would lapse (most likely) and you'd wake up with a hangover.....doesn't sound too fun to me; unless it's for very specific purposes.

well i'm done ranting, sorry again...look into voodoo/santeria for some of the better techniques in this field (you'll also notice a plethora of protections stuffs for those that open themselves to such influences). be careful

blessings,
auriel

fade in now into ambiguity, what once mere intangible now my senses align...rather do i myself lose, or is lost the world?
2008-01-18 18:56
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

We're here, but you already knew that. ^^ 12 here since birth, 3 walk-ins.

-Svanni

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-01-19 0:43
Find
Give Thanks