Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
splits of necessity same species as original? why/why not?
Chordal
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

splits of necessity same species as original? why/why not?
I just figured that I would post this before I forgot:

Would a being in a plural system, who happens to be a trauma-split by origin, have to be the same "species" as the being it split off from? Does the answer depend on how one defines "species"? (example, present-life identification with a species as versus literal soul-form due to past life impressions?)

Right now I can put my finger on one counterexample, though that situation had to do more with magic...
2011-05-07 4:05
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: splits of necessity same species as original? why/why n
Well, I didn't split from my former headmate as a direct result of trauma, but rather because that appears to be how Asteroi reproduce. However, as a result, I ended up being a rather confusing conglomerate of different "species".
I consider myself to be both 100% human and 100% astero, since I've only existed in a human body, and since I split from another astero. However, I also have parts of me that are from different types of asteroi, some kind of reptile/dinosaur/dragon, and also some canine parts.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2011-11-03 20:18
Find
Give Thanks