Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
self hypnosis, past life regressions
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

self hypnosis, past life regressions
I saw this set of videos posted on an otherkin group on myspace (I know, I know, but give it a shot). A three segment self-hypnosis video. Here's the link to the first one

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0QUg4NMpbM">http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0QUg4NMpbM</a><!-- m -->

I tried this and got some cool results and experiences, hope you all enjoy.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2008-04-27 23:12
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: self hypnosis, past life regressions
I tried a self-hypnosis technique I found once. So far, it's the only thing that I've been able to find that allows me to relax completely. Of course, during the time that I'm relaxed, I don't really worry about things as trivial as who I was in a past life. Or... anything, really. I get a "I should probably get up now" after a couple minutes, but it's not pressing. I can take my time. It's nice. But this seems interesting too, so I'll try it when I have the time.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-04-28 2:22
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

This message says nothing.
2008-04-28 3:43
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

is there then a difference that you prefer being hypnotized by another person? Or is it just hypnosis in general? What makes you so afraid of your subconscious mind?

PS:
Feral Wrote:While I doubt it means anything to anyone
and
Feral Wrote:For what my thoughts are worth
If it isn't worth saying, don't say it. If it is worth saying, you don't need to subtext that it isn't, such can begin to border on self-pitying, which is the realm of livejournal and myspace. We treat everyone as equally important here.

-The Unit
2008-04-28 14:34
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

2008-04-28 20:14
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Understandable, I especially wouldn't want to be in front of a crowd, those party hypnoses things are a bit too public, there's got to be some trust.

I find it hard to do most hypnosis as I cannot stop thinking, my brain has a very hard time stopping when I pound that "emergency stop" button. I partially think it's a big reason for my difficulty in astral projection and other similar exercises.

So is it that you're afraid of what might pop out of the subconscious, or because you know what's in there and don't want it to be running around even in a controlled session?

-The Unit
2008-04-29 2:42
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

2008-04-29 5:25
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I tired this out and it worked very well for me. Buts that’s probably cause I’m one of those people that can be easily hypnotized. I liked this more because while it was someone else’s voice leading me, I was aware of what they were going to say and I didn’t have to worry about what a stranger could learn about me. Terro was in the room while it happened, so if there ever was a problem that could have occurred, he could have shaken me out of it.

Overall, the experience was a very positive one (at least for me). The suggestions given were aimed at only experiencing positive things, and delving deep into one’s subconscious for them.

While I don’t feel up to going into some of the specific experiences I had, it was overall pleasant and informative as a new perspective I could look into myself with. I didn’t relive any humiliating deaths, suffer threw hardships or other negative happenings. They were only brief glimpse at times that were joyous for me, and reliving possible emotions and experiences (both from this life, and a possible other one).

It was also fascinating the way I physically and energetically reacted to the experience (Terro can go into more about that, since I wasn’t actually ‘there’ for it).

Side note: When going about this particular process, I recommend making a playlist on youtube and saving the three videos in order, one after the other. This was, you don’t break the flow of the experience as you go threw it. At one point when I did it, the first clip finished without going into the second one, at that time I was enough under I couldn’t/didn’t want to manually move it along so I got terro to change it for me. I’d like to try it again without that break to see if I can go any deeper.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-04-29 15:48
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I find it interesting, Terro, that you assume being wary of hypnosis means being afraid of what will pop out of the subconscious.

A hypnotic state is a relaxed, suggestible altered state of consciousness. (I can pull out my textbook for my Psychology of Consciousness class and give you more technical definitions and info if you want, but right now I'm lazy and am just paraphrasing from memory.) Yes, in such a state, subconscious things can rise more easily to the surface... but external things can also be implanted, and you have a harder time differentiating between fantasy and reality, memory and fabrication, etc.

So it'd be very possible to go through a visualization sequence in a hypnotic state, pull something archetypal or fabricated out of your subconscious, and experience it as reality, and later remember it as a very real-feeling memory that was perhaps, in fact, constructed/false. (Does anyone recall the false memory syndrome issue during the "repressed memories of ritual abuse" flare-up in... I think the '90's, maybe the '80's?)

Hypnosis has its uses, to be sure. But it also has its pitfalls and risks, and I think it's important to know and note those. Any memories retrieved under hypnosis, this-life or past-life, should be looked at with great caution.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-04-29 23:53
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I was playing off Feral's statement:

Feral Wrote:I say that mostly based on my understanding (and experience) with my own subconscious.

I quite agree on hypnosis being a highly relaxed state, used therapeutically it can be quite beneficial. Actually my younger sister had hypnosis done to implant a suggestion to not fear doing her back hand spring in gymnastics, within a month she was doing two of them, within two months she was doing a back hand spring and a tuck. This hypnosis is suggesting that you remember something deep within and very happy, and I am entirely cognoscente that I may be merging memories or even fabricating them, it is still however a unique experience.

-The Unit
2008-04-30 2:13
Find
Give Thanks