Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
on the subject of Metatron...
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

on the subject of Metatron...
Now we all can agree that we are what we are. There is no changing from human to angel. However it is also commonly known that Enoch was transformed into Metatron. What if Jerod, Enoch's father, was an angelkin. This would mean that Enoch himself was either Nephilim or second generation angelkin. When he was taken up he was simply made fully angel. This is my theory, at least.

If this is the case, then perhaps other Nephilim were transformed after their mortal lives.

I was just curious as to everyone else's take on this matter.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-08-06 17:30
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: on the subject of Metatron...
This is explained more in Judaism than most people glean from reading the Bible, or Newage Angel books.

There are two Metatrons, their names are spelt differently in Hebrew, but not in English. One is the "original" Metatron, the other is Enoch. One is YHWH's voice in Heaven (the Original) and the other is His voice on Earth (Enoch). There is talk in some texts of them being combined/subsumed into the same being. I think the act (in my paradigm) of tying an outside entity into being a Celestial takes a lot of energy and effort, not something undertaken lightly, but not impossible. Though as said, some texts say it is more that they were made into one, so it isn't that Enoch was just made into an Angel, but his Soul was actually taken into the Presence and released in part.

I very much doubt the idea of him being Nephilim, if taking Biblical and extra-Biblical sources as truth. For one, extra-Biblical texts were good at outright saying "Frank was Nephilim" so why not Enoch? Also, though a timeline isn't strictly given, the Fall of the BNI is focused on in the story of Noah, and not touched upon during the era of his Great-Grandfather Enoch. So while you could argue that the BNI and Nephilim were only mentioned beside Noah, in order to set the stage for the deluge, it seems odd that they could have Fallen before and been ignored. Especially for as long as at took those Patriarchs to reproduce, heh.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2008-08-08 4:00
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Gesigewigus Wrote:...it seems odd that they could have Fallen before and been ignored. Especially for as long as at took those Patriarchs to reproduce, heh.

Look at the state of the world today. Takes a lot to finally piss off the King.

What if for example, it was a situation like Sondom and Gamora? Let's say, as long as a certain number within the world were still good, He wouldn't flood the world.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-08-08 10:20
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The phrase "touched the face of the whole earth" was also used in the book of daniel to describe Alexanders Empire...which was not Global. With the same phrase in genesis, I myself think it speaks of a localized flood event.

In strategic terms, and this is going to have to assume the existence of a few players, if a certain rebellious Kherubim wished to show up YHWH, there is precious little means he would have to accomplish this. One seemingly simple way would be to force a prophecy to fail. I shall ineptly play the part of Ol scratch thinking about things...

"God said that the eed of eve would crush my head. We'll see about that. I just need a away to keep her 'seed" from ever coming. I got it, I'll get some of my crew to produce progeny with human females here in mesopotamia (where Abrajham would be coming on the seen) Through theese more powerful hybrids I can corrupt and/or destroy this "seed" before it ever takes root."

Enter, deluge....

Ol Scratch: "Curses, foiled again. But this isn't over. {genesis says in those days, and also after...} I'll just try again. This time I'll place them in the very land God decided this nation would be and keep it from becoming that nation. I can even use the remnants of my former attempt {localized flood}

Enter the Ark of the Covenant and the conquest of Cannan

Ol Scratch: " Dammit, they slaughtered us, literally. Some of mine even joined him.....what to do now....?"

I'll leave off with Ol' Scatches scheming there, (though it continues. Anti-semtici christians, Russian Pogroms, The Holocaust, fundamental/radical islam...) IMO, It went something like that.

Additonally. I think this kind of thing may have been the cause of the destruction of Sodom and Gaomorrah. See Jude verses 6 and 7. I think the "strange flesh" was the angels the people in those cities wanted to get at so badly.

I'm not sure how popular any of this will be...but I said it.
2008-08-09 0:56
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Twilight Wrote:What if for example, it was a situation like Sodom and Gomorrah? Let's say, as long as a certain number within the world were still good, He wouldn't flood the world.

True, but my point was not so much that YaHooWaHoo waited so long to flood the world in response to them, but the fact that the BNI and the Nephilim get over looked in the Bible until that point.

2008-08-11 3:01
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

May I use derogatories like Odinschmodin?

Just wondering.
2008-08-11 3:37
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Absolutely! Although I believe a big chunk of the point Ges is making is that YHWH is a much more accurate term than "God", "Yahweh", or any of the other alternatives that YHWH's followers like to use. As such Odinschmodin would only be completely appropriate if Odin's real name was Odin, but people who follow him insisted on calling him Bob.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-08-11 17:19
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Oh ok.

I actually like to use YHWH myself. That or Yeshua.

Bob eh? Hmm...well Bob the All Pappy has a certain ring to it I guess.
2008-08-11 19:38
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Acta non Verba Wrote:May I use derogatories like Odinschmodin?

Just wondering.

I'd say no, just because Odin is a complete name. YHWH is an unpronounceable name missing vowels, so really YaHooWaHoo is just one guess. Frankly, I alternate between YHWH, and YaHooWaHoo, cause even YHWH is a loaded name applying to way too many beings. I don't do it to be derogitary, I have much better names for Him when I'm in those moods, as said, YHWH is lacking any good pronunciation, so any vowels can be used (as long as they're correct in Hebraic grammar), and always thought that YaHooWaHoo, was more of a pet name, than an offensive one.

Why would you use Yeshua? That's a completely different figure, hence the Tooth/Fire in the name. To me, that's more confusing, than using the rest of His supposed names as if they are equal.

2008-08-12 3:08
Find
Give Thanks
Acta non Verba
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Yeshua did a few things like call himself I AM, tell people he was the messiah (an OT figure carrying the title Mighty God Isaiah), Said he was one with the father, and told people that if they'd seen him, they'd seen the father.

I use YHWH and Yeshua interchangeably because they are one in the same.

If you struggle with pronunciation, there are plenty of Messianic sites that will help you with it. I even saw one with sound files. i'll try to find it again if you're interested.

Yeshua is the same thing as Joshua. I don't know what you are talking about with tooth/fire. Yeshua, Joshua etc...actually contain the name YHWH so that the name means "YHWH is salvation" or something along the same idea.

A lot of YHWH's "names" are more like titles it seems.
2008-08-12 4:08
Find
Give Thanks