Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
magic and electronics - tech magic?
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

magic and electronics - tech magic?
i work in the IT sector, have a degree in computer science and also work with computers as a hobby. people are usually scared of harmful electromagnetic pollution and consider all electronics adversed to magic. however, i found that some things that work pretty well, like:

- controlling my own (energy) body with programming instructions (e.g. the linux command "shutdown now" for falling asleep),
- using programming routines (or the systematic approach needed for them) for energy programming and definition of intent,
- i once "felt into" a problematic computer (i work in a service center) and, before booting and testing the machine, i had a feeling that it would work now (after days of annoying troubleshooting) - and i was right!
- making an ipod set to "shuffle" play the song i want. sometimes i "hear" the start of the next song before it has actually begun.

has anyone made similar experience, and are there any resources on this topic?

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2010-12-14 10:27
Find
Give Thanks
skorpio
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: magic and electronics - tech magic?
Personally, I think there might be a slight connection, particularly with the "iPod on shuffle" thing. However, I heard the code used in "Genius" is similar to "shuffle", so I think Apple wanted the code to pick songs with similar or completely different sound patterns. I've tried experimenting with "shuffle" and "Genius" playlists, and it seems that this is how it works. But I haven't got much proof apart from that.

That's just what I think.

"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home."
- James Joyce
2010-12-14 20:33
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: magic and electronics - tech magic?
Welcome to the CyberModel of Magick. It's actually fairly common. Personally I find it more useful in internal energy working rather than external magicks. Often though when I'm working on myself or others, I see it in terms of computer systems, sometimes GUI, sometimes coding, command lines etc. It's a symbolic language that is so ingrained within us that to not try to use it, just seems odd, and I say this as someone who is pretty tech-wary.

Also my two computers have constructs on in them, one very well defined, one more ambiguous. The one that is well defined is an odd computer, ey work wonderfully considering relative age and outdated specs, and in the rare times ey do crash, it tends to do so in an odd slow manner. First unimportant programs stop working, like Winamp or the chat program, even Windows explorer, but it happens in a way that often lets me save what I'm doing before that program/file succumbs.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2010-12-16 4:04
Find
Give Thanks