Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
initiation
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

initiation
many people here have been initiated in one way or another - by a coven, a teacher, or the spirits/angels/gods/..., or by themselves.

if you had such an experience, would you like to share it with us? what happened, was it voluntary, what did it change for you?

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-07-17 14:38
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: initiation
Symbolically speaking:

God took me to the edge of the abyss. He presented me with evidence until I was horrified, angry, and grief-stricken. Then he ordered me to Fall. I looked him in the eye and said, "No." But by defying god's will, I gained one of my own.

That was one initiation, there have been others and they keep coming.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-07-17 18:39
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

My creator looked at me and basically told me that I had a purpose.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-07-17 21:43
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Deros Wrote:My creator looked at me and basically told me that I had a purpose.

in this (human) life or another?

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-07-17 21:56
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

kahoku Wrote:
Deros Wrote:My creator looked at me and basically told me that I had a purpose.

in this (human) life or another?

Another. The first, as far as I know.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-07-17 22:28
Find
Give Thanks
Nic
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

My initiation is still going on; it started back in June '07, and will continue until They're done remaking me as They want.

I don't know what's exactly in store, but it's going to be intense.

And should it be that we shall never meet again,
Know that I will always keep you in my heart,
And I will search for you in that time beyond time
Until we do meet again, and you will know
That love and family are the miracles of the world.
2008-07-21 1:39
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

In high school, I was a founding member of a small group that were becoming spiritually aware of something not quite typically about them. So I didn’t have to go threw an initiation process, but rather was one of the ring leaders for accepting who to allow to deeply into our group.

Basically, it was a bunch of armatures messing with stuff we thought we understood and after a little over a year we disbanded and that was the end of it for most of the members (that I know of). When accepting people into our circle, we basically just talked with them on their beliefs and were trying to gage how much they accept what we were trying to do before letting them in on it.

Basically it was just one giant convoluted mess that is thankfully over. I don’t work well in groups of that nature anyway so I’ve never really tried for anything at least slightly more legit then that.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-07-22 10:15
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

In this human life:

I died, remained dead until they (the medics) managed to get me back on track. Bad thing, they should better have done nothing, so all had that initiation stuff had took seven years to be complete. Angel Condor guided me through this time. Between 1989 and 1996 my mind and body was tested and initiated by the spirits, 1994 by a magical order in which I am still being a part of. This part was easy in comparison. However the first test took place some years before all that. Belial tested me if it could be possible that I fall from grace - in this he failed and furiously went mad at me. I survived his fury. This happened during an spontaneous astral projection I had back then. I must have appeared ridiculous to Belial: an angel not aware of herself (I have no special gender as an angel - some see me male, some female. Most as a hermaphrodit). I realized that this was a test many years later, in 2006. 20 years later.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2008-09-03 21:00
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

In this lifetime, we suspect we're getting a reverse shaman treatment - punted into a different world, taken apart and put back together by the natives (except that in this case the natives are humans, not spirits), and sent back.

We've also been initiated into two engineering honors societies, if that counts. One still keeps its initiation ritual secret. That had a powerful effect on Val, who was inclined to take the secrecy of such things seriously. She was already into magic and gained a new appreciation for the use of initiatory and/or secret ritual - and we still remember the group's secret motto, which we suspect our fellow initiates forgot before the sun was down that day.

At least one of the guilds back home had its own initiation ritual, after all of the pushing and testing that all of the guilds and professions required. The only part of that ritual that any of us remember is getting a piercing, when the folk likely to qualify for the guild in question weren't likely to let anyone poke them through with a piece of metal on a voluntary basis otherwise. By that point, though, we had the kind of trust in one another that would let us let another of them into stabbing range - at least while there were witnesses. (Paranoid? Oh yes, we were.) Given our degree of self-reliance, being taken into the group and expressing willingness to rely on our partners there, as we would otherwise only rely on ourselves (not even gods or Source), it was the closest thing to a spiritual experience that Rhun and I ever got in that lifetime.

-Shainin

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-09-03 21:51
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

i was a designated i guess it what i would call it. seeing as i call myself a natural witch.

i do a self dedication from time to time to reaffirm my belifes and such. i travel out to the ocean to do this.

sorry, i don't really have any story or anything to go along with it.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-09-03 22:09
Find
Give Thanks