Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dragon and therian thoughts.
DogDragonChi-zu
Student at UVA-Wise. working at Southwest Virginia historical state park. majoring in Environmental Science.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

dragon and therian thoughts.
Well, i've been talking with a few friends that i gained recently who are actually both dragon however, just like me they have another therian animal in them along with the dragon. we all are deep thinkers and are similar in different ways. But my thoughts were about why it seems there are alot of dragons seem to have a therian form mixed in with them when in human otherkin. we have determined that to counteract the large mental capacity of the dragon to think and act it requires another animal in the mix to relax the thinking for it to be put into t he human body. it makes sense but i wanted to see about who else has dragon and a therian in them as well as to see what many others thought on this topic. ^^

-Chi-zu

2009-05-28 14:40
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: dragon and therian thoughts.
Not all 'dragons' were vastly intelligent. My own kind were on par with humans. Some are equivalent to crocodiles for mental capacity.
2009-06-05 0:05
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Shiari Wrote:Not all 'dragons' were vastly intelligent. My own kind were on par with humans. Some are equivalent to crocodiles for mental capacity.
This is actually something that has been popping up in my head since this thread started.

If you consider yourself to have been a dragon that was an animal-level being. That is to say, "equivalent to animal mental capacity" like Shiari here mentioned...

What makes you think you're a dragon incarnated and not a crocodile or even a dinosaur therian?
I mean, just look at pictures of what they believed the Dracorex dinosaur to have looked like, for instance. What is it that makes you say "dragon" and not "dino".

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-06-05 11:08
Find
Give Thanks
Barghest
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I think what Chi-zu is getting at is if there are other dragons that have a therian or animal type kin side in addition to being a dragon. I don't think she meant to imply animal like dragons. As one of her friends that is more than dragon, I'm curious as well.
2009-06-11 5:28
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Barghest, we understood that.

I just brought up a counter to the phrase "we have determined that to counteract the large mental capacity of the dragon to think and act". Because not all dragons had enormous mental capacities when compared to humans. My species didn't.

Min, some of the really animalistic drakes do entertain that idea. Most of the other "simple" dragons were very much winged.
2009-06-11 22:41
Find
Give Thanks
Barghest
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Ah, I guess I misunderstood what you were driving at. Yes not all dragons are/were super geniuses. I suppose it would better to say is there any significance to those dragon otherkin that have another side being that way? Does the other side provide balance, or is there no significance beyond them being faceted for some reason like maybe past lives?
2009-06-15 6:14
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

The only balance I have going on in my head me. Just big, scary old me.
My dragon aspect and human body are rather one in the same. Nothing else floating about inside my head.

Though it’s an interesting concept since I have noticed that there are draconic otherkin on the internet saying they also have a therian aspect to them. But then, that is also the case with various other mythical creature, celestial, or dark kin. So I wouldn’t say such thing is specifically draconic otherkin due to some capacity issues. More like a coincidence.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2009-06-23 4:37
Find
Give Thanks
DogDragonChi-zu
Student at UVA-Wise. working at Southwest Virginia historical state park. majoring in Environmental Science.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

i'm not trying to specifically saying this is with only dragons but i use dragons as examples because i am dragon and the people that gave me the idea are dragon. it can be used to any celestial being like dragons as you mentioned. its just a weird thing that i noticed and i really want to do more research into it but that requires me to get information on other people besides me and the few other people i know.

2009-07-09 0:38
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Here's more information then:

I identify as a "dragon". I do not have a therian aspect of any real strength. My dragon species was of the same level of intelligence as humans.
2009-07-09 3:11
Find
Give Thanks
DogDragonChi-zu
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Sounds like a good starting point to me. ^)^ i'm on the look out now and interested in doing this research if i can. anyone else willing to help in gathering research?

2009-07-11 5:30
Find
Give Thanks