Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
angel energy addictive?
boyd
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

angel energy addictive?
Ok, I'm of the angelkin, and I know this one vamp, who does not feed often, being wiccan, "an it harm none, do as thou wilt", she doesn't like doing what she does. Once I convinced her to feed off of me while she was in deep need (she's what kheprians would call "priest", so this happens kinda frequently, she starves a lot). Anyway, later on she said my particular brand of energy was "addictive".
Me and her have travelled together in past lives for centuries, sometimes as brother and sister, so what I'm wondering is: is my energy addictive to her because we are close to each other as individuals, and we just happen to sync up like that, or is it due to the whole angel thing?
2010-03-22 3:02
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: angel energy addictive?
None of the above?

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2010-03-22 3:54
Find
Give Thanks
boyd
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Well, have any vampires before found themselves craving a certain form of energy from a certain person rather than simply craving energy in general? I'm not vampiric, I don't understand the experience, the closest thing I can compare it to in my mind is with actual food, i.e. steak vs. pork, quality of steak and pork. This is most likely incredibly inaccurate, I know, but if someone could describe this phenomenon to me, I would appreciate it.
2010-03-22 14:06
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Some vampiric individuals find certain other people "tasty". It has nothing to do with being otherkin or not, just that some energy signatures seem to be yummier than others to certain people...regardless of being otherkin or not or what kintype someone is.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2010-03-22 18:37
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

In my experience, many angelics have fairly refined energy / high frequency energy.

Think of it like this - the raw "natural" energy you get from the world around you, the stuff most people naturally draw in and process, is unrefined. It's like wheat, or a complex carb. Most people, when they "digest" this raw unrefined energy, process it into a more refined energy, which they give off as prana. Prana, life-energy, is the refined, higher-frequency energy that living beings give off. Think of it like processed flour, simple carbohydrates.

Most people can get sustenance from the raw, unrefined energy, and can process it through their system just fine. (Some people, like myself, need that raw energy, and have the energetic equivalent of a sugar crash if they try to feed on prana; their systems need something to chew on.) Some people have some issues with their energetic digestive system, though, and it takes more energy for them to refine raw energy than the yield they get, so they're actually losing energy in trying to consume raw energy. These are vampires. (I also know vampires who can't process raw energy. When they try, they get violently ill, it hurts, they throw up, etc.)

Some people, like fae-kin and angelics (in my experience, anyway; YMMV), give off even more refined energy, like cotton candy, spun sugar. (I can't think of a better analogy more refined than "white flour", sorry!) Vampires often give off very refined energy too, since they process the prana they consume into an even more finely refined form.

So that might be why she finds your energy "tasty". It's very easy for her to digest, I bet.

"An' it harm none" is a ... limited understanding of Wiccan philosophy, but okay. We'll go with it. Point out to her that by not feeding, she is harming herself. If she feeds responsibly, she harms no one. Ambient feeds harm no one. Feeding from a willing donor does not harm them. In fact, some donors (such as myself) are actually healthier if fed on regularly, because of an excess of energy and a poor natural ground that results in energetic blockages (which results in lethargy and sluggishness and aches) if they don't expel the buildup of excess energy somehow (and often the easiest way is to expel it into someone else, or have someone else draw the excess off of you).

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2010-03-22 20:01
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Yes, vampires (especially energy vamps) can form a symbiotic relationship with many of their donors, where both benefit. My fiance is like an energy amp as well as an empath. If I don't feed I get sluggish and if he doesn't let go of some energy he "overloads" and has emotional issues. So it's better for BOTH of us if I feed from him than if I don't.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2010-03-22 21:17
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

People taste different to me. I don't know for a fact that I'm tasting their energy but that's the current operating assumption.
Not all angels taste the same, and the flavor they have, to me, isn't uniquely angelic.

I'm not a vamp, but I nom on people sometimes anyway.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-03-22 23:02
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Can't say that anyone's tried feeding on me, but to hop on the band wagon, each person is different and each Vampire is different, and therefore have different tastes. The same with food, one might favor chicken over beef and the next the opposite, so on and so forth.

There is also the theory that much of an Angel's energy is shielding, warded or bound away and so the little trickles that escape are just a bit on top of the normal Human energy generated by the physical body and essence of the individual. Thus agreeing with Miniar that it isn't a uniquely Angelic flavor.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2010-03-24 18:02
Find
Give Thanks
Velvet Darkness
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I have never liked the taste of people whether they're Kin or not. All their waste energy tastes bad to me. I prefer to feed from natural energy like storms/wind/waves or from star/moon/sun energy.
Perhaps if people do get a taste for a certain type of energy then they might prefer to take from those people who have those types of energy, but I don't think any energy type could become addictive because of it's type. Addiction of this kind usually comes from the person taking not from the energy taken.
2010-06-05 22:19
Find
Give Thanks