Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeseiga
Silyon
HS student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Zeseiga
Who's all interested in an RP board for a bit of fun? It's still under construction, but should be ready enough to handle some people. Basic storyline copied and pasted from my LJ.

Quote:In essence, it's about 1,240 years into the future, on a continent called Zeseiga. Genetic experiments have taken place in a lab that has since been destroyed. The lab's purpose was experimentation with merging humans with animal characteristics, for extra strength, speed, and things of that nature. As expected, it never got to work too well. The lab caused mutations in it's original subjects, essentially causing them to become half-animal beings called Hybrids. Hybrids all have some plainly obvious animal features and behaviors, and all occasionally find themselves at odds with instincts from their animal sides, some worse than others. All hybrids live slightly longer than humans, but with one exception no more than an extra 10 or 20 years naturally. About 200 years have passed since the lab explosion, and the surviving hybrids breed to produce the current characters. Hybrids may be of almost any animal species, including a rare few of mixed breeds, producing things like griffins and dragons, though such cases are extremely rare.

A large number of humans have developed a puritist attitude towards hybrids, especially the ones in power or with money. Most others may not particularly like them, but tolerate them regardless. Another small faction sides with them and stands up for their rights as (former) human beings, more often than not indirectly over directly. Humans in general have much more freedom in society than the hybrids. In criminal cases, if a hybrid was present, they will take the blame before the human.

That's all what I've gathered from what the founder has said about it, but don't take my word on all of it. It gives you an idea, but it's probably best to go ahead and ask her about the place. If you're really interested in it, you can contact her through what she's put up in her board profile. This thing's gotten long enough.

A few corrections with it though: Hybrids were intended to be created, and were not accidents. The other thing is that the admin would like to try to keep the hybrid population restricted to actual species until more members join. So no mixing things to make Dragons, Gryphons, ect. until there's a number of members and people to work with. Until then, keep things within one type.

Beyond that, have fun with it, and bug her for any questions.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://zeseiga.proboards66.com/index.cgi">http://zeseiga.proboards66.com/index.cgi</a><!-- m -->

Edit: Spelling errors fixed. Much thanks, Kayako
2008-02-08 0:25
Find
Give Thanks
Veritas
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Zeseiga
Awesome!! I love to role play and I'll definitely look into this.

[Image: veritasbanner.png]
2008-02-08 2:14
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:

*raises hand*

I'll look if you let me correct the various spelling errors in that quote.....

/grammar-nazi
2008-02-08 4:05
Find
Give Thanks
Silyon
HS student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Kayako Wrote:*raises hand*

I'll look if you let me correct the various spelling errors in that quote.....

/grammar-nazi

Oh, feel free. LJ appears to not like Firefox's Spell check, so my spelling's worse there than anywhere else. Least almost no one sees the place, though.
2008-02-08 4:21
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Quote:In essence, it's about 1,240 years into the future, on a continent called Zeseiga. Genetic experiments have taken place in a lab that has since been destroyed. The lab's purpose was experimentation with merging humans with animal characteristics, for extra strength, speed, and things of that nature. As expected, it never got to work too well. The lab caused mutations in it's original subjects, essentially causing them to become half-animal beings called Hybrids. Hybrids all have some plainly obvious animal features and behaviors, and all occasionally find themselves at odds with instincts from their animal sides, some worse than others. All hybrids live slightly longer than humans, but with one exception no more than an extra 10 or 20 years naturally. About 200 years have passed since the lab explosion, and the surviving hybrids breed to produce the current characters. Hybrids may be of almost any animal species, including a rare few of mixed breeds, producing things like griffins and dragons, though such cases are extremely rare.

A large number of humans have developed a puritist attitude towards hybrids, especially the ones in power or with money. Most others may not particularly like them, but tolerate them regardless. Another small faction sides with them and stands up for their rights as (former) human beings, more often than not indirectly over directly. Humans in general have much more freedom in society than the hybrids. In criminal cases, if a hybrid was present, they will take the blame before the human.

That's all what I've gathered from what the founder has said about it, but don't take my word on all of it. It gives you an idea, but it's probably best to go ahead and ask her about the place. If you're really interested in it, you can contact her through what she's put up in her board profile. This thing's gotten long enough.

There you go, fix'd it. I dunno why your spell check isn't working.....Mine works fine on LJ....
2008-02-08 19:21
Find
Give Thanks