Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are who? Wait a second, that is what he claims......
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

You are who? Wait a second, that is what he claims......
Hypothetical situation.

You know someone who says they are (pulling a name out of my hat) St. Michael the Archangel, has all memories that seem to line up to what others can recall of him (based on your independent research). This is a good friend of yours, no reason to doubt them, you would trust them with your life. Then you meet a second person, a few years later, who claims the same thing; their recollections are slightly different, but easily line up to what you already have learned. You have no reason to not believe this person as they have never lied or betrayed you; you are 100% sure that they have never met your friend.

What would think of this? Would you try to disprove one of them purely for your own mental health? Would you allow them to meet and battle it out?

There is nothing more uncommon than common sense. Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
2008-02-18 15:58
Find
Give Thanks
Xanthus
Computer Guy
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: You are who? Wait a second, that is what he claims......
Several Explainations:
  1. PersonA, PersonB, or both are lying. (sad but true)[/*:m]
  2. PersonA, PersonB, or both are dellusional. (sad but true)[/*:m]
  3. Said mythic entity has split in 2 and neither are lying or dellusional. (ZomG!)[/*:m]
  4. Said mythic entity can co-locate. (Now you're thinking with portals)[/*:m][/list:o]

I'm sure there's more possibilities, but that's off the top of my head.

[Image: Xanthus.png]
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
2008-02-18 16:00
Find
Give Thanks
Vantalus
Traveler
Kintype:
Otherkin:

i agree with Xan...but for the record, Michael doesn't incarnate, AFAIK and if he did, and i met him, i'd probably be beating his face in right now.

go with your gut. they could both be right, they could both be lying, it could be one or the other. they may simply be separate vehicles, carrying a separate part of the entity, or they may both be 'avatars' that channel said entity on occasion, and when not channeling, their personalities are similar anyways.

I'd do some research on said friend. yes, you may love them to death, but are they a flavoroftheweek-kin? does it make sense to you on any level, or did this come out of nowhere? what does your heart tell you?

if we never ask questions, we may blind ourselves to the truth.

Type: Protoangel | Gender: Male | Path: Deistic
[Image: Dramadestroy.gif]
"I sculpt your nature within/I am your Pygmalion/Go, Now, Into the world/Trial by Fire. Trial by Fire!"
-ThouShaltNot
2008-02-18 16:10
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

i think the question is: what would you do in this situation?

i may sound cruel now, but i wouldn't believe my friend in the first place. oh, i wouldn't argue with them, everyone can believe whatever they want. especially with otherkin issues, you can neither prove nor disprove something, so if i had a number of michaels, i'd tell them about the other(s), but not take position for or against any of them. if they decided to meet, i'd go there to listen and perhaps to mediate.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-02-18 16:10
Find
Give Thanks
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Like I said, hypothetical situation. I am just curious to see how other would react.

Personally, I don't believe anyone LOL To me the only people I 100% believe are those that I feel something off of and can affect me directly.

As fas as Michael not incarnating, I would like to see where you got that information from because I have read otherwise. I believe someone also told me that, can't really place who and when right off the top of my head.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
2008-02-18 16:25
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

See, that's why I keep asking questions of people.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-02-18 16:47
Find
Give Thanks
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Freetha Wrote:See, that's why I keep asking questions of people.

LOL, yes that is a good reason to ask people questions. I really do not think my "trust no one" is the best approach, but I do tired of asking questions.

2008-02-18 16:52
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

BlissfulIsis Wrote:
Freetha Wrote:See, that's why I keep asking questions of people.

LOL, yes that is a good reason to ask people questions. I really do not think my "trust no one" is the best approach, but I do tired of asking questions.

It also shows the importance of OBJECTIVE studies.
If both person have had access to details on the person they claim to be then they both can have "created" their identity with equal accuracy.

"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-02-18 16:54
Find
Give Thanks
BlissfulIsis
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Freetha Wrote:If both person have had access to details on the person they claim to be then they both can have "created" their identity with equal accuracy.

True, true. What if they both had one detail that was exactly the same, but was not a published detail (or at least not one that you - or anyone else you asked about it - could find)?

2008-02-18 16:57
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

First you'd have to be able to "prove" that neither person found that detail elsewhere, and/or that the detail wasn't something one couldn't "logically deduct", as well as make sure that the detail is "specific" enough to be considered something defining. Before you use that detail as evidence that the claim is accurate.

2008-02-18 18:57
Find
Give Thanks