Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wingy thing
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Wingy thing
I've posted this in the Therian section in the phantom limb thread as well. I didn't want to take over the thread trying to figure this out. Oddly, I'd like to see if anyone would be able to sketch this from how I describe it, because I'm having the hardest time making it look right on paper/my computer screen.

What I feel cannot properly be called wings, although they/it feels like a living or possibly spiritual cloak. It attaches to my back between my shoulder blades, making a U-shape that closes at about mid back. It fans out and is large enough to wrap around myself like a cloak would and drapes down to about mid-thigh in that position. It mostly feels like it's one big membrane with thicker bits to support the rest.

It could in theory be used to cover my head, but that leaves a open portion at my neck that wind/water/etc would get through (assuming that the body or form this is from is even marginally humanoid). It's usually ok, and I like wearing actual cloaks as well, but I get odd tingly feelings where it would connect to my back on occassion.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-12-05 5:34
Find
Give Thanks
pelagic_soul
Trying to get along life while maintaining at least a shred of my sanity.....and there it goes, out the window..
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Wingy thing
If not used to actually fly, could it be as a sort of protective shield?
2008-12-22 17:05
Find
Give Thanks
AstralSpire
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Do you feel energy gathering there? If so, it may be part of your body where you concentrate your energy for fruther use. Or is it part of your body for certain? Not just some little "friend" coexisting with you?

[Image: userbar_as.png]
LJ, FB, and GG extensions of AS
2008-12-22 23:05
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

pelagic_soul Wrote:If not used to actually fly, could it be as a sort of protective shield?

If they were physical, I might be able to glide with them. But they seem to extend more when I feel a strong negative emotion. So possibly threat display. "I'm bigger. Go away

AstralSpire Wrote:Do you feel energy gathering there? If so, it may be part of your body where you concentrate your energy for fruther use. Or is it part of your body for certain? Not just some little "friend" coexisting with you?

If anything, they seem "cooler" than the rest of my body. If they were for energy storage or manipulation, they would be much smaller, since I taxing my reserves now... It could be a second being, I wouldn't dismiss that without more to go on. But it seems to be mostly under my conscious control. So would it really be another entity, is the question.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-12-23 1:04
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Just a random thought, what if these limbs were something of am extra pair of "hands". For example, the boney parts of a bat's wing are something akin to the fingers of the human. However a bat's wings are still wings because they allow it to fly. On another note I believe a penguin is a flightless bird where the wings are normally called flippers. This is all my opinion and should be taken as such. However, that's why I ask if these projections of yours might be extra hands or like the frilled neck on some lizard.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-12-24 15:27
Find
Give Thanks