Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's on your mind?
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

What's on your mind?
Yeah,..
Felt like posting this thread here.
This is a thread where you can post a funny pic, a link to a clever site, a confession, a work-out-report, whatever.
Just whatever's on your mind.

And to kick it off...

I feel pretty good at the moment.
Walked 4.8 kilometers this morning!
Got the blisters to prove it!
And the upstairs folk wanna have us take their puppy with us for the next walk!

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-04-28 12:54
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: What's on your mind?
on my mind... well... mostly my financial situation, which is, hm, suboptimal. in the past three months, i've suffered from a lack of work (self-employment sucks if you don't get enough orders to fulfill), so i'm collecting stuff to sell from my old apartment while moving out, also thinking about crafting some things myself and selling them. let's see how that will turn out. in addition to that, i'm trying to get some bonus income by offering private lessons in english, math, and computer science, and by writing articles for a computer magazine - whose editor, however, is known for paying late or not at all. *sigh*

i've made a community at livejournal where i'm selling some things, in case anyone is interested.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2010-04-28 13:28
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I want to become more crafty. By that I mean I want to work with more materials than just antlers. I've been surfing dA and have come across some simply amazing metalworkers and I wonder if I can try it and how to get started. There was a pretty simple celtic knot ring tutorial which I think I can try, accept that I don't have a sondering gun...but Paul does. hehehe

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2010-04-28 13:37
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I hear ya guys on the crafty front.
There's things I really really want to do/work with that I just can't get started on yet.

"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2010-04-28 17:44
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:

What's on my mind . . .

Torn between returning to the rat race, getting a proper law job, and working hard long hours for decent money . . .
Or
Staying as I am as long as possible, working a maddeningly stupid job part time that pays almost nothing, but being completely stress free because I'm having such a fantastic time gardening in my 4 day weekends.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2010-04-28 19:14
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

1. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://filkertom.dreamwidth.org/133812.html">http://filkertom.dreamwidth.org/133812.html</a><!-- m --> (Embedded YouTube of lulz)
2. Not enough time in the world to do all of the things we need to do, let alone those we want to do, let alone those we want to do by a deadline
3. An old story idea that we set aside is making itself known again, insistently, and we have 3 other 'verses to juggle...but even when we make time, we don't have the ideas "together" enough to make it work yet. Chronic problem.
4. Money. Sleep issues have pretty much halved our work hours for a while now, and we're just barely squeaking by. Two of the three identified causes of the sleep issues have been identified and a battle plan mostly enacted - take melatonin religiously and keep an iron grip on our low-carb diet - but no combination of drugs yet has worked on the racing thoughts and other brain-splosions that make it hard to sleep even when we're sleepy.
5. Brain-splosions are getting worse. Yesterday was our first bout of anhedonia since starting treatment for depression. As much as total apathy and being worried seem mutually exclusive, we were in a detached worry even while anhedonic.
6. That reminds me...Firefox's spell checker doesn't include anhedonia. Do better, Firefox.
7. Damn, we ramble.
8. Replying to a discussion on LJ-multiplicity reminded me that as we generally-improve psychologically, the differences between us are more distinct. This makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
9. Knitting class sooooon~ We can get back on track with the shawl we want to finish before House Khep gather, because House Khep gather is cold! (Also, yes, we like to show off our work. Hush.)
10. Having more ideas of small, easy things to make for selling. Our aesthetician (whom we have not seen nearly enough because of the moneys - our skin is ailing and our back muscles screaming) keeps bugging us to make things for her to sell on commission alongside her bath and body products.
11. Yes, we will let everyone know if we start selling anything online. Of course.
12. Yaaaaarn~ *vacant drool*

-Shaynin

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2010-04-28 22:26
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:

In the next few months Some or All of the following may happen;
- I get a new set of needles in the spine.
- I become homeless.
- I get blue hair again.
- I go to Toronto with Sel (and maybe Hafdís too).
- I get rehabilitation support payments.
- I get a gym membership.
- I get a new place to live.
- I don't get a new place to live in town and am fucked for a long time.
- I ragequit life.
- I get an appointment for a doc to schedule a hystorectomy or a mastectomy or both or neither.

2010-04-29 22:36
Find
Give Thanks
skorpio
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

kahoku Wrote:on my mind... well... mostly my financial situation, which is, hm, suboptimal. in the past three months, i've suffered from a lack of work (self-employment sucks if you don't get enough orders to fulfill), so i'm collecting stuff to sell from my old apartment while moving out, also thinking about crafting some things myself and selling them. let's see how that will turn out. in addition to that, i'm trying to get some bonus income by offering private lessons in english, math, and computer science, and by writing articles for a computer magazine - whose editor, however, is known for paying late or not at all. *sigh*

i've made a community at livejournal where i'm selling some things, in case anyone is interested.

*clicks until computer crashes*

BTW, I've jumped by many websites, giving them a go, never really paying attention to many of them. From now I'm making a permanent YouTube and LiveJournal.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/IrishRetroGamer">http://www.youtube.com/IrishRetroGamer</a><!-- m --> (mostly game vids but I will do other stuff)

I joined YT a month ago and already have 13 subscribers. WTF.

"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home."
- James Joyce
2010-04-30 13:42
Find
Give Thanks