Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What i first thought i was
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

What i first thought i was
It's come up a few times here and there, but heres a more direct approach:

What kin type/s did you think you were before settling on your current one? Maybe go into a bit of why you thought so and what later changed your mind. If your still uncertain, what are you leaning towards or from and why?

For myself, i thought i was giantkin (i had no clue of the terminology at the time, though). I didn't get the draconic portion till around puberty. But before that i came to the conclusion that i was a totally giant and waited for the day i would physically grow into my soul (keep in mind, i was 6). I had dreams that i was truly bigger, my spiritual essence felt as though it was far from being contained within my body, and would shift into the mindset of something much larger then i truly was (it could be quite a ridiculous sight to see me act on these notions).
I then went on the buy clothing that might fit me better when i started to grow more. Well, at least not i have plenty of night shirts. Having never made it past 5'3'', i came to terms with not being a giant in this life and instead decided i must have been one in a past life.

I then became of my more draconic affiliation, which did go well with the large stature i had associated my self with for some time. So for me the transition of giantkin to dragonkin went rather smoothly. Well, aside from the transition of thinking i was a human to now believing i was a mythical draconic creature that was much less human then i could comprehend.
for me being a giant seemed rather believable at the time. Go figure.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-03-23 16:57
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: What i first thought i was
I went straight to dragon the day I got introduced into the occult. A little odd, really, but I was happy with it.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-23 18:04
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Honestly I didn't really ever think I was something else.
I just didn't have a word for it.
After all, I didn't "want" a word to call myself, I wanted to know "me".

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-03-23 18:08
Find
Give Thanks
Shiari
Veterinary Technician
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

When I was a child age 7 to 9 or so, I knew I was a troodon that could hover in the air (having not known about dragons really at that point). At 14 it really hit me consciously and "dragon" was the term I settled on after another 4 years trying to determine if I was completely loony. So, there we have the basics being there for the last 16 to 18 years. ... Holy cow that's a long time. O_o

The only things that changed were scales to none, fire breath to none, magic to none. And I had a while of conflict over the fact that I felt phantom fuzzy ears and sometimes the feeling of being on all fours, large, and in trees... which does not describe the shinoar particularly well. Eventually that past life separated itself properly and the wolf/cat/baboon thing became known. Non-sapient and male. O_o Interesting large, semi-arboreal mammalian predator thingies. Don't remember too much about them though.
2008-03-23 21:07
Find
Give Thanks
Feral
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

This message says nothing.
2008-03-23 21:11
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:

For the longest time, I thought I was some kind of cat therian/spirit. I've always been like a cat, maybe because I spent most of my childhood with cats. And after that cat-like thing started appearing in my dreams, I was almost sure that was my true self. Maybe it is, I still don't know.

What eventually changed my mind was when I started to delve into my real nature. I realized that at a deeper level, I don't feel physical. In fact, I'm more at home NOT being physical, which proves to me that either I don't usually have a body, or I spent a considerable amount of time without one. Other traits I uncovered eventually settled me on "polymorph". I'm mostly convinced that my cat traits are something I picked up in this life, though I'm still not certain.
2008-03-23 21:39
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

i acctualy started off thinking i was a witch...since my earliest childhood i always picked witch for my halloween costumes, there is exactly one year of dressing up for halloween that i was not of some variation of a witch. (looks like i am a witch lol) anyways, from there i became pagan, which eventually led to more question and i found myself to be a vampire. haven't really thought i might be something other then vampire, other then i might be something along with being a vampire...but that is something that i've felt more and more the past few years. something to do with water, and scales.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-03-23 21:58
Find
Give Thanks
Rusala
Varies from time to time....
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Heh, I didn't even know any of the terminology until maybe three years ago. To be honest, I originally thought I was a freak. Then, I found out I was an freakish experiment. At least I was right it wasn't anything normal. But, I didn't go thinking I was anything abnormal in my childhood. I didn't understand how others around me thought and figured maybe this 'mature' thing everyone called me would settle into others and I'm still waiting for that. Aside from a few people I'd barely even voiced the feeling of not being human.

"A dragon's wisdom is free but for the respect you pay in asking for it."
"Rak'Shakti unterra aktin" -Personal Quotes
2008-03-23 22:07
Find
Give Thanks
niku
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Since I was a toddler, I believed I was a dog. I would try to eat dog food, even lick my pet Jake's tongue to get my "rightful" body. XD

I realized that I wasn't going to turn into a dog any time soon, so I then learned about reincarnation. All of a sudden, "dog" didn't feel right at all. I learned how to meditate, which took a few years for me to grasp as I was about ten years old... Six years later, the term "faun" fit, not only the image that I saw myself as, but it also felt right to label myself that.

- Keir
2008-03-23 23:52
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

When I was a little kid, I thought I was just me, and that everyone felt the way I did about spiritual matters, that everyone had a bright blinding glow from the inside out. Then I grew up and saw how ugly the world is, and realized how weird I was... didn't have a name for it, though. Just exceptionally weird.

Then I started awakening, and thought I must be Jesus!!1! That was at about 17. I never believed it for a second, because I was too terrified to accept something like that... so I simply ignored it. Smart move, I say.

A year later is when I settled that I was just an angel.

So yeah, human -> weird human -> divine human -> angel. Boring :3

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-03-24 1:34
Find
Give Thanks