Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Fighting For?
Taiaka
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

What Are You Fighting For?
A lot of the times on these forums, we talk about the differences between kin. We talk about what makes and angel and angel and what makes a wolf and wolf. We talk about how we view the world....

But my question is: How do you live your kintype?

Because its a good thing to speculate about what comes after, but how are you different here? What do you fight for? What morals are yours alone because of what/who you believe your soul to be? How does what you believe shape your actions in this life? I'm not talking about what you are compelled to do, but what you have chosen to do.

-Tai

"Will minus intellect constitutes vulgarity." -Arthur Schopenhauer

[Image: smokersigwt8.jpg]
2008-02-22 18:58
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: What Are You Fighting For?
I do not live my kintype, I am not different "here" because of it, it does not drive me to "fight" anything, my morals are from human nature and experiences, my soul but my kintype alone is not my soul, I am shaped by my soul, but I shape my actions. I choose to live my "otherkinness" in action by embracing what makes me human - instead of fighting against it.

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2008-02-22 19:34
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Honestly, nothing. This is largely due to my confusion about kin type and all that but generally I don't feel that who/what I am has to dictate what I do and why. If I were a wolf therian I would not fight for wolf preservation above human preservation because right now I am a human and I believe that I should put my current species higher on the priority list.
The same applies with any other kin type.

I will not alter my morals, my choices, my life path, or anything else because of my kin type. My kin type is simply a better way to understand myself.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-02-22 19:37
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't know what I'd be like if I wasn't me because then I wouldn't be me. So basically, I just don't know.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-22 20:01
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

i'm acctualy different everywhere then what i truly am. i continuesly fight my natural nature to be snappish with people when they are having a lousy or grumpy day. fine you want to be that way with me because of something that doesn't even involve me, you can have it right back. a lot of the times i will not post because of that, i can feel when the post are seething and driping with crap and it irks me. i get a little bit more riled up then others as well....chalk it up to be a vampire. haha.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-02-22 20:05
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I don't live my "kintype", I live "me".
My morals and ideals may not align perfectly with societies most generally accepted norms but that doesn't make me any less human. I fight, yes, but I fight on a political level through discussions and interest and the spreading of information, for changes to the world in which I inhabit that which I believe would make it a better place for me and my daughter and my family to live in. That has nothing to do with what my kin-type is, it has everything to do with who I am, deep down.
Yes, my kintype affects me, but it's merely an aspect. It doesn't change what I choose to fight for any more than my haircolour does.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-02-22 20:21
Find
Give Thanks
Silyon
HS student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The simple answer would be something vague like "I am me." Somehow, I figure you'd like more depth than that.

I am what I am. I merely don't even bother to hide what I really am at my core, since I feel that it'll show itself despite your best efforts anyway. Might as well spare yourself the hassle. It's likely mostly because of that that almost anyone can tell I'm a dragon within minutes of meeting me (Proven fact, both kin and otherwise), but that's more of me being myself rather than any conscious effort to emulate what I once was. As far as I can gather, it's little things I do that I don't even notice till someone points them out. One such comment was walking like I had a tail, which I rightly don't get.

I will say I am enormously lazy. If there's something I don't want to do, I either won't do it or do it in the shortest way possible, complaining all the while. It's a trait that's fairly embedded in me by this point, but still one I want to evict. Another potentially bad habit is my whole "Organized Chaos" when it comes to my room. I know exactly where everything is and precisely how to walk through the mess, but when people are over things turn slightly bad.
2008-02-22 23:42
Find
Give Thanks
TheFrogsPrincess
Writer/Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I'm not sure how to seperate your kin from yourself. You are your kintype and your morals come out of a number of things about you, your kintype included in that along with your upbringing, your past memories, your experiences, your choices and your soul.

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. ~ Mark Twain
2008-02-23 0:02
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Taiaka Wrote:What morals are yours alone because of what/who you believe your soul to be? How does what you believe shape your actions in this life? I'm not talking about what you are compelled to do, but what you have chosen to do.

Aside from some very general, vague, almost meaningless things . . . nothing. My sense of right and wrong, of duty, what drives me and what I am driven to - these are things caused by and connected to the totality of me as an individual. That I am a shadow is only one small part of who I am.

It doesn't matter much that I'm a shadow - it matters that I'm *this* shadow, namely Archer.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-02-23 0:58
Find
Give Thanks