Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves
Lumno
New
Kintype: Shapeshifter
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Waves
*peaks out around a corner*
Hi. I'm Lumno. You can call me Lumno.
I go by she/her/they/them pronouns. But really I don't really care, you can us anything and I don't mind.

I'm a shapeshifter because my form is a mix of a few different past lives, and it does tend to change over time. So, I do believe in past lives and I'm a spiritual otherkin. I'm Wiccan by belief.

I've been part of otherkin communities, but for the most part that was a long, long time ago. I'm currently in one other but it's not the most active, but I'm looking for other like minded people to talk to.

I'm currently working and going to school and just in general a crazy person. While in my free time, I like to make things, like jewelry and random resin crafts. And I do play some video games, though not as much as I'd like.

Feel free to ask about me.

Probably should have mentioned that I'm genderfluid.. and as you can see my memory isn't the best.. oops.
(This post was last modified: 2021-06-23 22:39 by Lumno.)
2021-06-23 21:54
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

RE: Waves
Welcome to OKP, Lumno! Smile

I'm a little confused on whether you are a shapeshifter, or do you mean Polykin(having multiple kintypes)? Whichever the case, how did you discover this about yourself?

-Azaphaer

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-06-24 15:41
Find
Give Thanks
Lumno
New

So, I guess Polykin would technically fit me, but I really don't like the term for myself. I prefer shapeshifter. I know many people with multiple forms refer to themselves as polymorph, but they don't have a "base" form or if they do it's one of their past forms. The way I see myself is actually a mix of different forms that I've had in the past, but I can also add in aspects from forms that I haven't had before. I'm not really sure that makes sense. But I feel like I can shift myself into different forms on the astral or spiritual level but I tend to go back to my "default" form that does tend to change over time. So, while some people would see me as a polykin or even a polymorph, I don't. It's never felt right to call myself that. I hope that clears things up a bit.
2021-06-24 20:14
Find
Give Thanks
Lumno
New

As to how I discovered this about myself. I had an awakening as a teen, but that was just the start. The 20ish years of meditation and self work have gotten to this place of understanding. Also, my beliefs as a pagan have helped me to better understand myself on this journey... And well the astral limbs that don't exists on the physical level helped too, lol.
2021-06-25 16:58
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Welcome to OKP!

I'm Elinox, a lupine and feline.

I totally get where you're coming from with preferring to call yourself a shapeshifter rather than polykin. They are different afterall! Polykin is someone with multiple 'kin types, whereas a shapeshifter...well, shifts between different forms. Wink

As a shapeshifter, what is your preferred form?

I am also Wiccan. Do you follow a specific pantheon or deity?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-06-26 0:51
Find
Give Thanks
Lumno
New

I guess where it gets confusing with me is that I could shift to one of my past lives forms but it doesn't really feel right for a long period of time.

I have 2 preferred forms at the moment.. And I guess that really comes down to if I feel like I need hands or not. They have actually just gone through a "revision" I guess you would call it, so I don't have all of the full details in place yet.

My feral is a coywolf, hyena hybrid for the body.. So it has the broad hyena chest and front legs but the back tapers into the much slimmer coywolf body. My tail is a little longer than a typical coywolf with a fox like puffiness to it. Facially, it's more like a coywolf but with a shorter muzzle. I'm pretty sure I have 2 sets of ears and horns. And I have wings, one wing is feathered on top and goes into a demon like wing and the other is reversed, So demon like wing on top and feathered along the bottom. And the color is like rainbow obsidian... so black but with like hints of different colors and there are like copper speckles dusted over my entire body.

And my anthro form is very similar to that, only, well anthro but there are also 3 sets on wings that overlap to give the same type of look. And the feathers on the wings are more shades of gray instead of black. And my hands have an extra joint on each finger.

I have 3 deities actually, all found me, I didn't find them, but no specific pantheon. I'm also willing to work with deities, spirits, and others outside of my 3, but they are often the ones there for the big things. So, my deities are Hephaestus, Coyote and Hecate. I'm also an initiated first degree clergy member and ordained.
2021-06-27 19:51
Find
Give Thanks