Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walk in and Kick the other out
Jazz
Begrudging student at a community college. People watcher.
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Walk in and Kick the other out
This occurred to be just now. Is it possible for there to be a walk in and somehow evict the original spirit soon after?

"I have always been an Atheist and to see my life choices validated on a piece of toast is truly astounding"
2008-02-16 0:46
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Walk in and Kick the other out
I've never thought about it before, but I suppose I may have done something like it by accident. This is the first life since I left home that my original personalities have come to the front in any way. So, not quite eviction, but there was a forced recession. I'd suppose that it is possible to go through a full eviction, in that case.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-02-16 1:12
Find
Give Thanks
Jazz
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Deros Wrote:I've never thought about it before, but I suppose I may have done something like it by accident. This is the first life since I left home that my original personalities have come to the front in any way. So, not quite eviction, but there was a forced recession. I'd suppose that it is possible to go through a full eviction, in that case.
I bring this up because I am missing many years of my childhood and adolescence and although I'm not making assumptions I'm curious as to this being possible.
I think back to how I was when I was young child I can barely remember anything and the farthest back that I can remember with the most clarity is my freshman year in high school. Everything else is in bits and pieces or completely gone.

"I have always been an Atheist and to see my life choices validated on a piece of toast is truly astounding"
2008-02-16 1:34
Find
Give Thanks
DevilDraco
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

As far as I have typically heard, if the original spirit wants to leave, then this situation can in fact happen. Though presumably the walk in would typically know of the event and the circumstances (though be foggy/lacking on the humans memories). I doubt it's impossible for a new spirit to inhabit a body and the old one leave. I would also imagine that even if the specific event is usually remembered, that doesn't mean it would always be. Perhaps some that walk in might even limit their memory in the process on purpose in order to integrate themselves into the life better? Or whatever other possible factors that could be included into the process, even accidents.

I have actually considered a possibility that I am not the original person of this body myself, or that much of my human life was actually gone through on a sort of 'autopilot' so to say. I lack a lot of memories of the past in this life myself besides random bits which don't even entirely seem like me, I've even gone so far as to watch children and wish that I could perhaps be a kid so that I might actually know what it is like.

I'm not quite so sure if I'm really a walk in though myself, and I have a 'human' side to me that exists in some manner still. However, I've always viewed it as rather undeveloped, almost like a tool to use to exist in human life. I feel at times that much of this life I don't much remember may be lost because it wasn't really all that important really and I went through it effectively unaware except in as much as was necessary to pass through to later times. Like, in a sense of much of the first years being simply me sleeping while my body and human self 'did the motions', but little else. I have no idea if that applies to you at all though, but the other parts at least, from what I have generally heard the case is possible and happens.

The monster I am is the reflection of you.
I am the flame and chaos ever reborn, a devourer to renew, unbalanced to cultivate, and beast of the world to feast upon all.
Give of your blood and spirit, or flee in cowardice.
2008-02-16 3:36
Find
Give Thanks
Shade
Still a Wal-mart slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

That is the first context in which I heard about walk-ins. I didn't hear about the original spirit staying until I was exposed to the "otherkin" groups. It's interesting that you've heard it the other way around.

“To his friends a man shall always remain a friend,
And return gift for gift;
Laughter for laughter let him return
And falsehood for lies.”
–Hávamál
2008-02-16 15:24
Find
Give Thanks
Jazz
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

DevilDraco Wrote:As far as I have typically heard, if the original spirit wants to leave, then this situation can in fact happen. Though presumably the walk in would typically know of the event and the circumstances (though be foggy/lacking on the humans memories). I doubt it's impossible for a new spirit to inhabit a body and the old one leave. I would also imagine that even if the specific event is usually remembered, that doesn't mean it would always be. Perhaps some that walk in might even limit their memory in the process on purpose in order to integrate themselves into the life better? Or whatever other possible factors that could be included into the process, even accidents.

I have actually considered a possibility that I am not the original person of this body myself, or that much of my human life was actually gone through on a sort of 'autopilot' so to say. I lack a lot of memories of the past in this life myself besides random bits which don't even entirely seem like me, I've even gone so far as to watch children and wish that I could perhaps be a kid so that I might actually know what it is like.

I'm not quite so sure if I'm really a walk in though myself, and I have a 'human' side to me that exists in some manner still. However, I've always viewed it as rather undeveloped, almost like a tool to use to exist in human life. I feel at times that much of this life I don't much remember may be lost because it wasn't really all that important really and I went through it effectively unaware except in as much as was necessary to pass through to later times. Like, in a sense of much of the first years being simply me sleeping while my body and human self 'did the motions', but little else. I have no idea if that applies to you at all though, but the other parts at least, from what I have generally heard the case is possible and happens.
This is almost as if you're explaining my past. It seems as though my body has been on auto pilot for much of my younger life and I have no recollection of it. It just goes through the motions like you said. It's difficult to recall things of the past even in these past years, though the early years are the hardest to recall if at all. That little person is so unlike myself in most ways. It seems as if most of my existence here, my body has been on auto pilot. I can feel that I have a purpose but I've yet to see what it may be. I'm drawn to this life though. I have to be here.

My apologies, I'm babbling. It's just hard to explain. I have difficulty explaining what's in my head and into the open, be it paper, computer, or out loud.

2008-02-17 5:57
Find
Give Thanks
Jazz
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Shade Wrote:That is the first context in which I heard about walk-ins. I didn't hear about the original spirit staying until I was exposed to the "otherkin" groups. It's interesting that you've heard it the other way around.
Is it really all that strange? ^^;;

2008-02-17 5:58
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

It happened to this body. I'm not the original inhabitant, though the original agreed to leave. However, I imagine that, had I wanted to, I could have forced them out and taken over a long time ago.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-02-17 21:32
Find
Give Thanks
Jazz
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Malakoi Wrote:It happened to this body. I'm not the original inhabitant, though the original agreed to leave. However, I imagine that, had I wanted to, I could have forced them out and taken over a long time ago.
But you remember.. I'm practically blank. Though I'm quite curious.. how did the original inhabitant leave...?
I'm reminded of a dream..?.. I had long ago.. there were two of me and while one was out flying the other was sleeping and then somehow the one that was out flying woke the one that was asleep up and they switched places.

That may not have any signifigance but my dreams have always had some indication of what was going on around me or to me or just what I was really thinking, feeling, being.

Thank you for replying..

2008-02-23 23:14
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Is the how all that important?
There are those that can just plain old leave. My biological father for one, has decided that that's what he's going to do when he's through with this life, just up and leave, to mention one person.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-02-23 23:30
Find
Give Thanks