Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampiric Incompatibilities
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Vampiric Incompatibilities
I've been wondering about this for a while, so I just wanted to ask. I've seen vampires of all sorts around here, but my memory's too sloppy to answer my question. Are there any species that cannot have or only very rarely have vampiric tendencies? Thank you for answers in advance.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-17 12:39
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: Vampiric Incompatibilities
I think the question in itself is a bit too broad of a subject to be able to answer with certainty. But in my view of vampirism (a naturally occurring state if of needing to take in energy to balance out the naturally occurring state of needing to give off energy), then every human/kin/creature would have their individual place along the scale. It may be possible for an otherkin species to all be designed/evolved to have their own supply of energy (and not need to take because of it), but even that is not 100%, since it may be an energetic placement this life time instead of a kin trait of a previous life. Also possible for such a trait to be damaged/become ineffective over time, so. In short, "It's fairly improbable".

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2008-03-17 15:30
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

First, it depends on how you define vampirism and vampiric tendencies. Sel's definition of vampirism, for instance, includes just about everyone and everything. So does defining vampirism as "energetic need", which I've also seen.

My personal definition of vampirism (since I feel defining it too broadly renders the term meaningless) is an energetic need that can only (or mostly only) be met by prana, life-energy, the refined energy that living organisms (generally human-type bodies in particular) give off.

"Elemental vampires" do not, I think, qualify as vampires, because almost everyone has energetic need at some point or another in their lives, and most people can feed off of elemental energy (and do, in day to day life, as part of the natural process of taking in and cycling and giving off energy). Therefore, defining people with an energetic need who can process raw energy effectively as "vampiric" broadens the definition of vampire beyond usefulness, IMO.

(Hopefully no one gets too upset at me for my narrowness of definition. But that's how I look at things.)

Now, that said... Are there species that rarely have vampiric tendencies? A surplus of energy, or low energetic need, or very rarely (if ever) require prana?

I'd say a lot of therians classify here, at least the mammals, at any rate. Most therians I've met have a surplus of energy; they are very connected to the elemental forces of nature, to nature itself, to the earth, and can draw a surprising well of energy from there. Some vampires I know refer to therians, half-jokingly, as "batteries".

Not all therians, though, are exempt from energetic need and vampirism. Just a lot of them are. Reptiles and birds tend to have a higher energetic need, by my observation, and it can sometimes manifest in a vampiric way.

Otherkin in general, the ones not native to this plane, the mythics and such - they tend to have a higher energetic need, almost vampiric (though many of them can process raw energy, too). They've got odd subtle bodies/energy bodies that process energy differently than a normal human subtle body, and often aren't built for this plane of existance. Many are used to a higher frequency/refinement/resonance of energy that is much easier to get to than here, and so have to compensate for the energetic difference on this plane. So you get a lot of vampiric angelics, vampiric fae (and I have my own theories on fae being integrally vampiric by nature anyway), and certainly vampiric demons, to name a few.

*/ramble*

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-03-17 16:51
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Yeah, that's what I meant by vampirism, Meirya. I really have to stop assuming that everyone will understand what I mean. Definitions are tricky things.

And thank you for the answer. Especially for explaining it so thoroughly.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-17 17:42
Find
Give Thanks
Nic
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Meirya Wrote:Not all therians, though, are exempt from energetic need and vampirism. Just a lot of them are. Reptiles and birds tend to have a higher energetic need, by my observation, and it can sometimes manifest in a vampiric way.

Hmmm... I wonder if that has any correlation to the concepts of blood temperature...

And should it be that we shall never meet again,
Know that I will always keep you in my heart,
And I will search for you in that time beyond time
Until we do meet again, and you will know
That love and family are the miracles of the world.
2008-03-19 1:11
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I dunno, Nic. I mean, with birds - they don't have a very good connection to the ground, not very grounded, and that's where most people pull energy from. Plus birds use more energy in general.

For example: energetically, I'm built like a certain variety of vampire. I have a very poor connection to the earth, underdeveloped lower chakras, and overdeveloped middle (heart/solar plexus) chakras. I ground much better into people than into the ground or into any sort of element, really. So some people have thought I'm vampiric, even though I don't have as strong an energetic need as a lot of vampires and I can process raw energy - elemental energy and the like, not just refined prana. Thus, I can see where birds might commonly be slightly vampiric, or at least not be energetic batteries.

As far as reptiles go, it might have something to do with blood temperature (and perhaps metabolism to one degree or another?). Reptiles spend a lot of time soaking up sunlight and resting, conserving their energy, absorbing warmth. They seem to have low energy, though they're rather grounded at the same time. I don't know; I haven't "looked" closely enough at reptile-people to form any sort of solid theory there. I just know that the ones I have met haven't been energetic batteries like the canine people and feline people and the like are.

2008-03-19 3:54
Find
Give Thanks
Nic
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Meirya Wrote:For example: energetically, I'm built like a certain variety of vampire. I have a very poor connection to the earth, underdeveloped lower chakras, and overdeveloped middle (heart/solar plexus) chakras. I ground much better into people than into the ground or into any sort of element, really. So some people have thought I'm vampiric, even though I don't have as strong an energetic need as a lot of vampires and I can process raw energy - elemental energy and the like, not just refined prana. Thus, I can see where birds might commonly be slightly vampiric, or at least not be energetic batteries.

-nod-

I have a similar issue, though my overdeveloped ones are heart and third eye. The latter so much so that I get a headache if anything metal and/or an energy projector comes near it...

And should it be that we shall never meet again,
Know that I will always keep you in my heart,
And I will search for you in that time beyond time
Until we do meet again, and you will know
That love and family are the miracles of the world.
2008-03-19 4:25
Find
Give Thanks
Starwind
Nightmare fuel station attendant
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

What about elves and vampires?

Not that I'm saying you can't be vegetarian and a vampire at the same time, or that all elf-kin have to be vegerians (I'm certainly not, just seems many are), but at least for sangs, seems like it might be a bit of a conflict of interest if you couldn't find a willing human donor...

"I" often refers to unusually large values of 1...
[Image: sort-python3.gif]
2008-06-24 22:24
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Meirya Wrote:I dunno, Nic. I mean, with birds - they don't have a very good connection to the ground, not very grounded, and that's where most people pull energy from. Plus birds use more energy in general.

IMO "grounding" is very much a human concept in that we live on the ground and so the ground is seen as a source of life. If we were intelligent avians rather than intelligent mammals, and we spent our days in cities in the clouds, then we might use a metaphor like "airing" or "flying" to mean centering energy.

Simply put I don't see why a bird - or any other primarily flying entity - would have a need for a connection to the ground, or for ground-related energy.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

2008-06-25 19:51
Find
Give Thanks
Kreyas
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deros Wrote:I've been wondering about this for a while, so I just wanted to ask. I've seen vampires of all sorts around here, but my memory's too sloppy to answer my question. Are there any species that cannot have or only very rarely have vampiric tendencies? Thank you for answers in advance.

There are kintypes that have vampiric tendencies that only surface in specific situations. My kintype does more of the sang. vampiric tendencies in sexual situations.

Why would a race that can just absorb energy readily from so many things do this (out of instinct)? I don't know... at face value, it makes no sense at all.

Though, one of my friends mentioned that when they want to something metaphysically potent, they'll use a drop of their own blood because that blood will carry a large amount of their energy (larger than can be easily used/transferred by other means). This sort of makes sense, because the mutual sanguine feeding would essentially be an exchange of one's life essence as part of the procreation process. That would parallel what I've noticed with humans that their energies tend to intertwine during intercourse. So it could make sense, but I'm not saying it does.

Co-host of the Pagan Centered Podcast.
2008-06-26 1:30
Find
Give Thanks