Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Validation" from funny sources . . .
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

"Validation" from funny sources . . .
I think most multiples have questioned at one time or another whether their headmates are genuinely discreet individuals who have an existence apart from the core person, or are in some way constructs, splits, or simply different aspects of our personalities.

For some reason it seems important to me that my own other half is in fact a "real" person, as opposed to a persona that I can switch into, a coping strategy, or some kind of delusion. This is far more important to me than any other aspect of my being otherkin; the rest can go shove itself for all I care, but that he is "real" is of importance to me.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of a somewhat complicated and difficult set of relationship issues right now. This has got me examining a good amount of how my own head works, where my own quirks and difficulties come from. I have a good number of, shall we say, Issues (with a capital I of my own) of the kind that in normal people would step from various kinds of problematic family backgrounds.

What's interesting to me though, is both based on a trawl through Wikipedia and based on my own logic, those Issues seem totally unconnected to anything in my RL, physical family. Paste my Other Half into the equation though, ways I have interacted with him and his lot, ways we think about each other, the manner in which we came to be linked . . . and, well, those Issues of mine all make a lot more sense. Certain needs and behavious I have make absolutely perfect sense in the context of this other person I have with me and that I grew up with him.

It's a strange sensation - it doesn't make any of those Issues go away and it certainly doesn't make them easier to deal with . . . quite the opposite in fact. It does, however, on some level validate to me that he is a "real" presence and not just imagination. It feels, in a way, pleasant.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-03-02 20:09
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: "Validation" from funny sources . . .
I feel even more doubt now that Puck and Iago are gone that they ever were really here. It makes me very unhappy.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-03-02 20:12
Find
Give Thanks
niku
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Archer Wrote:I think most multiples have questioned at one time or another whether their headmates are genuinely discreet individuals who have an existence apart from the core person, or are in some way constructs, splits, or simply different aspects of our personalities.
This is what I have been feeling as of late, as if Keir, Keen, Zach, Aika, and Tooru are simply just me. Sometimes I wonder if I am faking everything. Our handwriting is all very similar, as are our mannerisms, and our speech impediment (but I am sure that is a physical issue).

So far, all that has "validated" us is our social lives, our hobbies, and out food preferences. Zach is completely different from everybody - he's the party animal, the joker, the risk-taker. He likes to smoke and do illegal drugs, which the rest of us are all against. Sweet-toothed Keir would rather take pictures than speak to another human; he lets fear get the best of him. And I bet flirty Keen could survive on bread and fruit.

- Noah
2008-03-29 18:19
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

The Coffee House Wrote:
Archer Wrote:I think most multiples have questioned at one time or another whether their headmates are genuinely discreet individuals who have an existence apart from the core person, or are in some way constructs, splits, or simply different aspects of our personalities.
This is what I have been feeling as of late, as if Keir, Keen, Zach, Aika, and Tooru are simply just me. Sometimes I wonder if I am faking everything. Our handwriting is all very similar, as are our mannerisms, and our speech impediment (but I am sure that is a physical issue).

So far, all that has "validated" us is our social lives, our hobbies, and out food preferences. Zach is completely different from everybody - he's the party animal, the joker, the risk-taker. He likes to smoke and do illegal drugs, which the rest of us are all against. Sweet-toothed Keir would rather take pictures than speak to another human; he lets fear get the best of him. And I bet flirty Keen could survive on bread and fruit.

- Noah

The same goes for us, to tell the truth, with some differences. The handwriting I can fairly firmly put down to programming of the shared brain to move just so for each letter. The mannerisms and speech impediments are the same (although we each set ourselves differently).

I have one friend that Deros won't speak to, and Yriela has none. Our hobbies... I don't enjoy much of anything in this world, to tell the truth. Too much stupidity to take. For food preferences, I, ironically, enjoy meat much more than my draconic friend. He'll eat anything, really, but red meat is lower on his list. We don't know yet what Yry likes.

-Kraela

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-03-30 3:50
Find
Give Thanks
momo
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

That's what Lishie/I are trying to figure out. The theory that fits best to us is that I'm a split from the core (as I wasn't born with Lishie originally) or I'm a very different aspect of Lishie's personality that developed slightly differently than she did in puberty during high school. We were very doubtful from the beginning especially as Lishie is always conscious during my fronting. We're/I'm wary to use the term 'multiple' for those reasons.

Our validation? My sexuality is different. Lishie is bisexual; I'm only attracted to guys and I can feel a little awkward in female company. I write differently to Lishie - her handwriting is quite curly and joined up; I on the other hand, can't write like that at all (I even tried to, and I can't do it right!) I have to write with my letters spaced out.

I'm also more aggressive (verbally and physically) than Lishie is, which doesn't please her at all and can cause us to conflict (particularly if there was an unexpected trigger).

- Blake

Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
[Image: momobanner2ok0.png]
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
2008-03-30 11:04
Find
Give Thanks