Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh Oh, Here Comes Trouble
irritatedAndroid
New
Kintype: Android and Alolan Marowak
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: new

Uh Oh, Here Comes Trouble
Joke title, referencing what friends at work used to say when I'd walk in with my backpack full of lighting gear.

Some of you may know me! The name's Jasper. I'm a 23 year old Canadian dude (so he/him pronouns, please), a theatre and audiovisual technician who does lighting and audio, and an amateur photographer. Though that's most likely not why you know me after all.

I've been around the otherkin community, dabbling in other areas such as therian circles, for just over 5 years as of mid May. So by no means an impressive amount of time, but long enough that some folks may recognize me hanging around. For good reasons or for bad reasons, I can't decide that for you after all. But I can sure hope it's good reasons.

I'm an android and an Alolan Marowak fictherian. I tend to hang around the machinekin server when it's active, at times Werelist, as well as on NNP and the Othercon off-season spaces. I'm also dragon-hearted, and questioning another heart-type as well as some sort of 'link. But that's not the main thing of course.

I've known I'm an android and some sort of fire-oriented reptile creature since around 2009, though I didn't enter the community until May 2016. Of course no face was put to my fire-oriented reptile creature self until leaks/teases in summer 2016, but we take things in steps. I tend to use 'vacillant' shifting terminology to describe how my android side affects my mental shifting, but the rest is pretty much open season.

And honestly? I have no idea what else to say. I got curious enough to cave and join.
2021-06-06 17:40
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: Uh Oh, Here Comes Trouble
Welcome to the revamped OKP! I recognize you from some other forums.

I'm Elinox a lupine/feline.

When you say android, what do you mean? Can you describe your experiences? I don't know much about machines, robots or tech stuff. Wink

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-06-07 2:32
Find
Give Thanks
irritatedAndroid
New

(2021-06-07 2:32)Elinox Wrote:  Welcome to the revamped OKP! I recognize you from some other forums.

I'm Elinox a lupine/feline.

When you say android, what do you mean? Can you describe your experiences? I don't know much about machines, robots or tech stuff. Wink

Hey Elinox, I know if you well. Thank you for the welcome!

The first kintype I really understood of my two is a field research android, basically built to replicate a human the best they could at least, with behaviours falling into the uncanny valley often. The species dysphoria is certainly interesting to deal with in a way, alongside uncomfortable and difficult to unpack - with an aversion to all functions organic and natural. The fact that I can't fix certain issues with some routine maintenance and debugging is endlessly frustrating, even as someone who's somewhat recovered from his species dysphoria. It causes an interesting relationship with other humans, communication struggles and a bit of distrust now and then, but even more so with other machines.

I grew up having strong bonds with machinery and vehicles especially like I had had with human friends. Alongside a heavy and at times debilitating sense of empathy towards machinery and such. It used to be worse, seeing damaged machines and twisted metal could be enough to make me feel ill. Throughout life I was always drawn into technology and tech-based studying, switching between computer animation, to automotive tech, to welding and metal art, to what is now my career is a theatre and audiovisual technician.

Nowadays I'm just that slightly unnerving but (I like to believe) friendly face around the community, curious and observant. I like to learn about other folks and study though I think we all enjoy talking about ourselves a bit, myself included.
2021-06-07 4:47
Find
Give Thanks
Azaphaer
That Fly JetDragon Moderator
Kintype: Dragon, Cybertronian
Contribution: tick 

Hey Jasper, glad to see you here :>

[Image: image08.jpg?v=bf03c199]
Astral Dragon and Cybertronian Seeker
2021-06-07 19:46
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

(2021-06-07 4:47)irritatedAndroid Wrote:  Hey Elinox, I know if you well. Thank you for the welcome!

All good things, I hope! Embarrassed

I can easily see a connection some people have with certain machines: their computer or car, for example. As an animist myself, I can easily relate to "inanimate" objects having some sort of spirit.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2021-06-08 0:55
Find
Give Thanks
irritatedAndroid
New

(2021-06-07 19:46)Azaphaer Wrote:  Hey Jasper, glad to see you here :>

Hey Aza, great to see you around as well. Not that I'm surprised though, heh.

(2021-06-08 0:55)Elinox Wrote:  I can easily see a connection some people have with certain machines: their computer or car, for example. As an animist myself, I can easily relate to "inanimate" objects having some sort of spirit.

Aye, I'm a bit off from being an animist, but I've always got my theories and philosophies on how a machine like myself ends up with a life in the spiritual sense. Isn't hard to have close bonds with them with all that considered and such, especially when you've practiced being able to hear them back while growing up.
2021-06-08 1:54
Find
Give Thanks
Asherah
Super Moderator
Kintype: Unicorn, Datura stramonium

hey there! welcome to the forum, it's a pleasure to have you! :-D

you sound like a very interesting person- I've always personally related a lot with machinery, and have found myself relating a lot to machinekin. I have a lot of machinekin friends, even though I'm not really one myself. ^ ^ At least, i don't think.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I hope we can talk more later.

- Dib.

multiple system of 20±.
we are hyakkimaru, dib, gutts, jeremy, seraph, hoxton, and more.

[Image: QnHghY0m.png]
2021-06-12 1:49
Find
Give Thanks
irritatedAndroid
New

Thank you for the welcome, Dib! I'm always glad to hear there's still a decent number of machinekin folk like myself hanging around the community and making friends. I do know a few who relate to machines pretty strongly, some who are machine-hearted too.

Thanks again, hoping to talk soon too!
2021-06-12 15:48
Find
Give Thanks