Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuatha De Danann
Lidu
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Tuatha De Danann
Hi!

I wasn't sure what 'headline' should I choose. I'm reading a book about Irish myths and legends. Author is mentioning that in every culture is probably some mythic ancient race. The reason, why Ireland has so many stories about The Sidhe (that's what they are also called, because of their underground fortresses), is that it was not under such christian influence as the rest of the Europe.
I have heard similar stories about my country... we have for example myth about knights sleeping under one hill and waking when the country needs them most. But we donť have name for that old people. I didn't want to write faeries, it would lead to worse conclusions than Tuatha Dé Danann.

Now, what's the point of me writing this? I consider myself human. I don't believe in past lives, but I belive in collective memory. And I believe that human potencial is far greater, than what we every day see. I believe that maybe some of these fair people have just disappeared to the „underworld“ (which was named „the hell“ by some misunderstanding or manipulative christians), but most of them are our ancestors. That means we are born with part of their potential. They were masters of fighting, singing, all kinds of art and craft, there were druids with awesome magical powers...

What do you think? Is it possible, from your viewpoint, to be not „fairy born in human body“, but „partly human and partly fairy“? I hoped it would explain my feeling of strangeness, but still human.

[Image: 157917032_36fa9c.jpg?w675h675]
When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly, God is the electricity that surges between them.
- Martin Buber
2013-10-17 9:10
Find
Give Thanks
Alynn'nari
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Tuatha De Danann
Well it is possible to be of Fae blood if you go by the legends. Apparently the High King's interbred with the Sidhe/Tuatha. How ever its possible to be either reborn or/and of fae blood.
2013-10-17 9:29
Find
Give Thanks
Edge
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Assuming faeries are real (which I am am hoping for since it would mean I'm not as insane), then yeah. There are plenty of stories of faeries or whatever word you want to use interbreeding with humans.

I'm the one with the power around here. -Rumplestiltskin
2013-10-18 22:00
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Hi Lidu. Please post an introduction in the Introductions forum. Thanks!

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2013-10-22 0:00
Find
Give Thanks
Alynn'nari
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Seraphyna Wrote:Hi Lidu. Please post an introduction in the Introductions forum. Thanks!
Umm Sera she has

Quote:http://forum.otherkinphenomena.org/viewt...=24&t=2452

But back on subject, as lore states many Fae creatures have been known to interbreed or do the steal the child and swap it for a changeling.
2013-10-22 10:11
Find
Give Thanks
Lidu
student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Alynn'nari Wrote:But back on subject, as lore states many Fae creatures have been known to interbreed or do the steal the child and swap it for a changeling.

That's interesting... I remember many times when my older sisters were making fun of me that I'm gipsy child. I am even making fun of myself, because as a baby I was bumping into furniture, I have two bulges (do you call it that way?) on my head and I was saying that my horns are growing.
Me and one of my sisters look a lot alike, but our thinking and ways of life are different. But then I'm thinking about my whole family. I have a lot in common with them. I think that our whole family is quite strange. I think I'm not more different from my family than my family is different from other people.

My current opinion is that after many generations more of that strange genes came together and I was born. But I am still wondering what my ancestors would be...
My theories are too complicated and too simple at the same time ; )

[Image: 157917032_36fa9c.jpg?w675h675]
When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly, God is the electricity that surges between them.
- Martin Buber
2013-10-24 1:05
Find
Give Thanks