Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys as Conduits
DischordianJoy
drone!
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Toys as Conduits
So as you may or may not know, I have a toddler. (She's gorgeous, btw.) Because I have a toddler, I also have tons of toys, many of which are electronic in some fashion. The other night as I was starting to drift toward sleep, one of her toys - a frog that sings and tells you about his body parts and so on - randomly went off. This would not have been a big deal if it had been coherent in any fashion, you know, started to sing a song or something. Unfortunately, it was not at all coherent. It said "Foot! Three, Four!" and played a bar or two from the middle of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". It scared the crap out of me.

I immediately re-warded the whole apartment while my husband scanned for any signs of spirit activity. I eventually went to bed, but it was a creepy experience. So, what do you think? Was I insane or could it have been a spirit?

[Image: Signature-1.gif]
2012-01-03 3:50
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Toys as Conduits
Did you check the toy's batteries? It seems likely that it was a malfunction on the toy's part. But if it happens again and you suspect spiritual activity, maybe try communicating with it? Sounds really creepy!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2012-01-03 15:43
Find
Give Thanks
DischordianJoy
drone!
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

We just got the batteries, so I dunno if it was that. My husband said it was likely just an electrical glitch, and that's probably what it was, but when I am sleep deprived it is just a wee bit creepy, lol.

In general, though, do you think it would be possible for a spirit or entity of some kind to manipulate a toy into speaking for it? Or, to put it another way, could a spirit or what have you use the toy's "voice" to express itself?

[Image: Signature-1.gif]
2012-01-04 2:03
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

DischordianJoy Wrote:In general, though, do you think it would be possible for a spirit or entity of some kind to manipulate a toy into speaking for it? Or, to put it another way, could a spirit or what have you use the toy's "voice" to express itself?

I suppose its possible (hell, anything's 'possible', right?). However, it also seems likely that 1. the toy simply short circuited or 2. you were heavy on sleep deprivation and possibly dreaming/misremembering the experience. Possessed toys are really creepy so I hope it's one of those!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2012-01-04 16:08
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Remember Furby?
I had one of those that would go off at random and sometimes spout utter gibberish (bits of several different things it would otherwise say). The problem was the electronics and it would become more and more nonsensical the weaker the batteries were.
The more technical parts a toy has, the more can break in it.

If it happens again, you can try asking it what it means. If it consistently makes Zero sense really, then I'd figure it would be pretty certain that it's an electronic problem and not a disincarnate being trying to chat through a toy because honestly, if I was going to try to say "hi" to ya I wouldn't go "Foot! Two, Three, Four" and then play a few notes from twinkle twinkle little star unless this had some specific significance to whomever I was trying to talk to.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2012-01-10 14:40
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

While reading through this I was remembering my past freaky experiences with Furbies. I swear those things were built over some desecrated Indian burial site or something, they were so prone to paranormal activity.

Though the general idea of toys as a conduit makes sense. Children themselves can often seem more open and thus perceptive to the spiritual world around them. Oh course that can also be attributed to an overactive imagination. But all in all, out of all the objects that can be used as a conduit of sorts, children's toys makes sense to me as being a rather plausible option. The link to innocents and receptiveness and all.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2012-02-01 18:38
Find
Give Thanks