Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tones
AstralSpire
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Tones
At first I have to tell you that this is my favorite, and hopefully (as far as I know) only external help with my personal energy manipulation/magic practice.

As you all probably know specific tones, or set of tones can alter your state of mind, some time ago I found out that house music with it's specific "electro" sounds is quite hypnotic, and most direct form of energy activation in my body. From suddle vibration with cold shivers, up until very intense and hot. Here is examble of song that makes me draw more energy, or at least one part of does it, but the rest alters my state of mind.

The question is: What kind of music, or sound changes directly your preception of energy, and how? I've herad that metal music does it, because you can imagine "world," or "story" they are singing about, but this is just about sound itself.

[Image: userbar_as.png]
LJ, FB, and GG extensions of AS
2008-12-20 0:23
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Tones
I'm not really sure. I guess I like low tones... But when I think of music I can draw energy with, I think techno or house or rave. I love the energy at raves... XD So... delicious? Close enough...

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-12-20 0:30
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deep tones usually do it for me, but at the moment Miyavi and Dir en Grey sounding bands are making me draw energy strangely--I've been uncharacteristically drawing energy the last few days because that's all I want to listen to.

--Sarah

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-12-20 1:07
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I've been listening to Hybrid all day while cleaning the house.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRnHOtBEj8M">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRnHOtBEj8M</a><!-- m -->

And here's what trance music sounded like before synthesizers:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFGvNxBqYFI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFGvNxBqYFI</a><!-- m -->

I've actually been trying to learn how to play the digeridoo. It's a lot of fun!

Also many cultures use drums for that purpose, the more resonant the better.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-12-20 1:10
Find
Give Thanks
AstralSpire
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Have you encountered some music that dulls your ability to percieve energy, or shift "frequency" of your energy etc. ? This shouldn't be common discusion about energy 'n' music, but about you specificly and your individual experiences.

to Motley: How did this Hybrid influence you?

[Image: userbar_as.png]
LJ, FB, and GG extensions of AS
2008-12-20 1:34
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hybrid's music energizes me, definitely brings out the wings. Puts me in a good mood too. It could trance me easily if I let it. I've been listening to the whole album 'I Choose Noise.'

Most of the stuff they call trance is too high pitched for me to really get into. Or too jerky. I like something between ambiance and trance with lots of harmonics to go with the rhythms....maybe that's why they call the band Hybrid.

As for music that dulls my sensitivity to energy? Maybe country. Or maybe it's just annoying. It sounds fine for a song or two, but over time it really gets on my nerves.

Hmmm...I suppose that classical that has no real bass might lower my sensitivity without annoying me outright. Bring me more into intellectual mode and out of feeling mode.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-12-20 1:51
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

AstralSpire Wrote:Have you encountered some music that dulls your ability to percieve energy, or shift "frequency" of your energy etc. ? This shouldn't be common discusion about energy 'n' music, but about you specificly and your individual experiences.

Anything that is slow and soft--it puts me in a depressed mood and all of my energy seems to vanish.

--Sarah

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-12-20 2:46
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Taiko and similar styles of drumming enhance our energy perception. Even those of us who generally dislike human-style music can enjoy Kodo. Despite the distraction of lyrics, Disturbed often has the same effect.

Shainin tends to shift spider when she hears the soundtrack from an anime series called Noir. We're not entirely sure why.

-Val

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2008-12-20 2:59
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

House Hesson Wrote:Taiko and similar styles of drumming enhance our energy perception. Even those of us who generally dislike human-style music can enjoy Kodo. Despite the distraction of lyrics, Disturbed often has the same effect.

Shainin tends to shift spider when she hears the soundtrack from an anime series called Noir. We're not entirely sure why.

-Val

Agreed, good tribal-sounding drumming tends to instigate a shift in me. Groups like Albannach specifically are awesome for their energy and sound for me!

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2008-12-22 15:07
Find
Give Thanks
kahoku
IT freelancer
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

i get into a very special mood while listening to slow and dark metal. type o negative - october rust is the perfect cd for that, but paradise lost and a couple other bands do the trick as well. generally, metal makes me feel peaceful (!), but can also cause me to shift. which isn't exactly a bad thing.

also, i can actually see music. but that's another topic (synesthesia). i should start a thread for that.

Support OKP! >> [Image: x-click-but04.gif] << Get a unique user title!
[Image: reannaganbanner3.png]
2008-12-22 16:32
Find
Give Thanks