Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To whom do you pledge?
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

To whom do you pledge?
For Angelics of all paradigms; to whom do you pledge your allegiance? (optionally: And why?)

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2009-02-15 10:58
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: To whom do you pledge?
The Source/All/Creator/Whatever. Personally, I believe that individual/specific deities are a combination of physical beings trying to understand and relate to such an abstract concept and the All making Itself relateable to said beings.

Why do I pledge to It? Because it created me and my function is to follow orders from It and be directly linked to It.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-02-15 15:00
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I serve the One who created me. I feel, why serve a being that isn't powerful enough to create me after all?

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2009-02-15 16:26
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I guess I serve a 'what' rather than a 'who.' My sense of principles is strongly ingrained, so you could say that I'm still indirectly serving whoever made those part of my 'programming.' But according to my personal myths, I stopped openly serving them during the war. I didn't rebel exactly, I individuated, so 'Fallen' doesn't seem like the right word, unless you add 'in battle.' I also suspect that they were not the only one I've served over time since then. I guess I'm something of an independent contractor. I work with who I choose to work with and for those causes that interest me. (Lol, I guess like a semi-disabled veteran who takes on odd security jobs now and then.)

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-02-15 19:04
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well, I do not personify anything there. "The Universe" is best approximation to it. It is part of my nature to do what I am doing. One can name this "serving" - but this is an anthropomorhpic idea behind this word, which implies a chain of orders which do not exist in my case. Difficult even trying to describe this. For me the question of "why?" do not arise. What lives in my human body is only a small part of me. The "rest" is beyond the Human-Time-Space-Illusion.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2009-02-16 0:11
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I suppose you could say I serve the judeo-christian god, though that's because it's easier for me to call I serve 'God' because I need a name and that's as good as any...I more think of him (I say 'him' for anything that I don't know the gender or sex of) as the source or whatever...I'm not picky in what you call him or it or whatever.

Why? Because it feels right.

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2009-02-17 0:30
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Wow, I feel oddly specific. ^_^ I pledge my service and faith to Djehuti and Sutekh, the Egyptian gods of writing and chaos. (I do, however, honour and revere all of the Egyptian gods as my gods, and I do believe every god exists.) Why? It's simple. I was given life by their hands, given direction by their purpose, and given their love. I don't feel any other reasons exist.

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2009-02-19 2:45
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

If you asked me a year or more ago I would have instantly said I serve Wakinyan, the thunder being. But now I'm not sure that 'serve' is the right word anymore. His influence is still there, but not as strong as it was. Heru is waking up more and more lately, though I can't exactly say that I 'serve' him either. He's integrated himself into my personality to the extent that it just feels weird to think of serving 'myself.' On the other hand the shadow of him in the back of my mind barely seems conscious most of the time. He is separate from me, and he also isn't. He hasn't been acting very godlike, so once again, can't really say that I 'serve' him, or 'pledge' to him or any of those.

I know, I'm weird, like I have different pieces patched together and the stories don't always match up. The essence stays the same but the faces change.

But what can you expect from 'he who has no eyes.' Of course it would be confusing.

...no eyes...sunlight underground...maybe that was what the crone was trying to tell me....

He's not the king. He's the other guy.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-02-19 4:03
Find
Give Thanks
Unregistered
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Does anyone ever say they pledge allegiance with Lucifer?

He's said to have a group of fellow fallen angels with him, and I've seen "fallen angel" be used as a kintype before.
2009-02-19 22:24
Give Thanks
Varkadevi
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

WhiteFox: Lucifer is a character from John Milton's 'Paradise Lost' Tongue There is a Luciferian religion which is related to the various forms of Satanism, it's all very amusing to me..

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it.”
- G.I. Gurdjieff
2009-02-20 6:45
Find
Give Thanks