Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The more I remember...
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

The more I remember...
the worse I seem to feel. It's not that the memories are bad, or good for that matter, but I just seem less and less "right" being in this body. Not that I'll do anything extreme to change it, I'm not suicidal. And if I were, I have this feeling it would only make things worse for me wherever I end up next. I just wonder if anyone else has felt similarly, and if you did, did it get better later?

It might also be connected to my being genderqueer, to some extent, but it seems more closely tied to past life memories.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2010-03-01 22:39
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: The more I remember...
It gets better - sometimes.

One of the best remedies I've found is learning how to integrate who-you-were with who-you-are. Find some ways to express who-you-were; for instance, I participate in LARPs (nerdy as that may be), which allows me to play out aspects of myself, past or present, in a safe and expressive environment. Figure out what about those past lives is useful to you now.

And focus on what is, not what was. Sure, your past lives may strongly influence you now; your other-than-human influence/essence has an effect on you. But you are here, you are now, and you are in a human body. That can't really be changed. Dwelling on/in the past is a recipe for depression and derangement (I have known some people who stop being able to function in modern day-to-day life and just continually sink into escapism/trying to recreate the past/spending all their time "on teh astral plane"/in their heads). It is useful to learn from the past, but if you don't integrate it into the present and build on it to become a more functional, whole member of this world, all the past-life work becomes nothing more than indulgence and escapism.

What use is it to you now? How does it affect your life now? Who are you now?

Get involved in this world. Invest yourself in this life. It'll help, trust me.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2010-03-02 0:00
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Actually I know a good number of individuals who have had similar experiences.

One thing about past lives is that it is exactly what it says it is, a past life. Consider if you were born in a different culture to a different family with a different entire set of variables to grow up with, including a different body makeup and chemistry... Might you be someone totally different?

Now imagine if you suddenly were zapped from your current body into that other body and life... you might feel out of place in said situation and life.

Some of those individuals that I mentioned went so far as to experience dis associative personalities reflecting some of those past lives, or even the experience from those past lives speaking as it's own voice, similar to a multiple system. In these cases, these were not multiples, these were memories identified as not being them, and once these were accepted as part of who they are, then they became integrated back. My recommendation is to remember that you are correct in your current body, and in this life. The memories you experience are you, but have no bearing on this life.

I agree with Meirya, you are you, you are now, do not become obsessed with what might have happened at some point in a possible past you might have lived at the expense of what you are now. If you have another life sometime in the future, you may be remembering experiences from this life... don't let the experiences remembered be you obsessing over discovering other past life experiences.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2010-03-03 4:58
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

That's the thing tho: Yes I like(d) learning more things about my past lives, but if I didn't, big deal. Now I actively DON'T want to learn more. Most of the memories are boring or innocuous, but every time I remember something new, I seem to get depressed or at least feel a bit down for a while. So, although I'm sure if I could integrate these memories somehow or just put them aside, it's not a matter of obsessing about them, except now that I not remember.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2010-03-03 18:06
Find
Give Thanks
Meirya
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Terro Wrote:Some of those individuals that I mentioned went so far as to experience dis associative personalities reflecting some of those past lives, or even the experience from those past lives speaking as it's own voice, similar to a multiple system. In these cases, these were not multiples, these were memories identified as not being them, and once these were accepted as part of who they are, then they became integrated back.

Been there, done that... Had to process through some of the issues that came up from that past life in order to integrate him into this life.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2010-03-03 22:22
Find
Give Thanks
Kiera
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

vampyre_smiles Wrote:the worse I seem to feel. It's not that the memories are bad, or good for that matter, but I just seem less and less "right" being in this body. Not that I'll do anything extreme to change it, I'm not suicidal. And if I were, I have this feeling it would only make things worse for me wherever I end up next. I just wonder if anyone else has felt similarly, and if you did, did it get better later?

It might also be connected to my being genderqueer, to some extent, but it seems more closely tied to past life memories.

Give it time. It takes a while to put the two together in a way that doesn't rock your world.

In Heaven an angel is nobody in particular.
- George Bernard Shaw
2010-03-08 17:38
Find
Give Thanks