Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleportation
Christa
Product Demonstrator (Would you like to try a sample today?)
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Teleportation
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://theories.activatingevolution.org/swiki/wiki/index.php/Teleportation">http://theories.activatingevolution.org ... eportation</a><!-- m -->

What are your views on this matter?
Not just in the 'physical realm' but other realms as well.
I've spoken to several people who say they have walked on other plains.
What are your thoughts?

-Insert something aesthetically pleasing here.-
2009-03-20 22:14
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Teleportation
In the physical...they've done interesting things with quantum entanglements in a lab, but I've never heard of a person actually accomplishing the feat. I'll never say never, but I will say pretty darn unlikely.

In the astral though....heck it's hard NOT to do it.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-03-20 22:45
Find
Give Thanks
Chris
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I believe its possible. Then again, I think most things are possible.
2009-03-21 17:18
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I don't believe physical teleportation is possible yet...and it might never be. The human animal would be pretty hard to break down...send through space...and then put back together correctly, afterall.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-03-21 17:50
Find
Give Thanks
Lopting
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I second Sera. They've managed to... 'teleport' some particles... Mainly destroying it, and refabricating it somewhere else.
Try that with an animal or plant, and even if you succeed, the result is dead.
2009-03-24 10:00
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

If it's reproduced perfectly, then even if the original is killed the whole point is that the "new" version would be indistinguishable from the original and thus, scientifically speaking, the same.

With a highly complex system like a living being, though, this would be so spectacularly difficult as to be effectively impossible for the forseeable future.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-03-24 15:20
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Archer Wrote:If it's reproduced perfectly, then even if the original is killed the whole point is that the "new" version would be indistinguishable from the original and thus, scientifically speaking, the same.

With a highly complex system like a living being, though, this would be so spectacularly difficult as to be effectively impossible for the forseeable future.

The question remains, what of the spark, essence, or soul? Whatever you want to call it, that "thing" that makes us smile, cry, that defines who we are, it is attached to our bodies in a very spiritual way, non-celluar way. If they can fax a human being can the same be said of the soul.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2009-03-24 15:45
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

They used to love playing with that topic on Star Trek.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-03-24 16:48
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Twilight Wrote:
Archer Wrote:If it's reproduced perfectly, then even if the original is killed the whole point is that the "new" version would be indistinguishable from the original and thus, scientifically speaking, the same.

The question remains, what of the spark, essence, or soul? Whatever you want to call it, that "thing" that makes us smile, cry, that defines who we are, it is attached to our bodies in a very spiritual way, non-celluar way. If they can fax a human being can the same be said of the soul.

a) I don't believe the "soul" is any special element other than a product of the complexity of the system, anyway.
b) As I said, the two entities are only the same if indistinguishable from each other. If they are indistinguishable - not just "very hard to tell apart" - then they are effectively the same.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-03-24 19:50
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I still think it would turn a person into a vegtable. Obviously as healthy the original, however my working theory the result would be a vegtable. On the plus side such a vessel would be the perfect empty shell for walk-ins.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2009-03-24 21:55
Find
Give Thanks