Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telepathy help
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Telepathy help
Me and my boyfriend we're trying to play around with telepathy the other night. I believe I have been hearing him call my name for weeks and apparently I "have" been hearing him. I've heard him say my name and I love you.... that's about it so far.

I want some tips on how to make telepathy stronger as well as how to make it so he can hear more then his name and I love you from me.
2012-07-12 21:46
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Telepathy help
I personally don't believe that true telepathy is something humans are capable of. That being said, what I *do* think is possible (and further that commonly happens) is people "hear" what they want to and it usually happens where the individual goes to whomever they think was trying to communicate with them via telepathy and asks something like "hey did you say X to me the other day" and of course the person confims it.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2012-07-12 21:57
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Have you tried to do a trance-like state while communicating? I'd think it would be harder to communicate telepathically if you're involved in lots of everyday stuff, as opposed to sitting and concentrating on it. Try simply visualizing that you're in the same room together and talking, maybe it will help?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2012-07-13 16:34
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:I personally don't believe that true telepathy is something humans are capable of. That being said, what I *do* think is possible (and further that commonly happens) is people "hear" what they want to and it usually happens where the individual goes to whomever they think was trying to communicate with them via telepathy and asks something like "hey did you say X to me the other day" and of course the person confims it.

I can understand why you don't believe in telepathy for humans, I didn't believe in in till "i believe" I heard my boyfriends voice saying my name. The closer I listened to it the more I could hear him in a dead silent room.
Also I understand what you are saying about the whole wanting to hear something issue. But I have been sitting alone in a room before completely silent reading a book and all of a sudden I hear my name..... sometimes multiple times. Plus I hear my Boyfriends voice.

Elinox Wrote:Have you tried to do a trance-like state while communicating? I'd think it would be harder to communicate telepathically if you're involved in lots of everyday stuff, as opposed to sitting and concentrating on it. Try simply visualizing that you're in the same room together and talking, maybe it will help?

I have tried the trance like state to communicate it does not seem to really affect the outcome of the of the telepathy. I will try the sitting in the same room idea, normally when I hear him it's right next to my ear.
2012-07-13 16:49
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well, before I get into help, let me do what I do.

"I think I heard my boyfriend say my name and say he loves me, and he says he thought it, telepathy?" Over generalizing, but roll with me. Experimenting or not this is an exceedingly general statement. I would like to think that your lover occasionally has thoughts about you and their affection for you. Did they think it last night, hard to say, yesterday is a long day. If you want to actually work at this, and experiment with it, record it. If you're trying to send him a message write down in a notebook what you sent, and when you did. If you think you picked up something from him, write down what you received and when. Have him do the same. Then after a while exchange notebooks and see how you did. They don't have to be exact (I think most of the time telepathic communication is only partly linguistic) but if they sent you a message about having a rough day, and you thought they said something about going for a picnic, totally disconnected. But if they sent about a bad day, and you got the emotion, or a message about something going wrong, and it's in the right time frame, then maybe you have a hit.

As for what to do for help. Try a material focus of some sort. I know it sounds stereotypically woogy, but holding something of each others, especially something important or personal (in the sense of personal of the body, like a locket of hair) and using that as a...signal booster can help. To a lesser extent something like a picture can be used as a link, and treat the picture like them, thinking and speaking to the image. Really all your doing here is creating a link or connection, something to boost your messages back and forth. Sure you know each other, and are connected that way, but when learning every little bit helps.

Also experiment with different ways of sending. Sometimes try straight thinking at them, other times visual something like a phone conversation, or sending a messanger to them. There is no point in trying to hone a method that doesn't work with you, so play around before you try to focus on improving too much.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2012-07-15 2:57
Find
Give Thanks
Angila
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Gesigewigus Wrote:Well, before I get into help, let me do what I do.

"I think I heard my boyfriend say my name and say he loves me, and he says he thought it, telepathy?" Over generalizing, but roll with me. Experimenting or not this is an exceedingly general statement. I would like to think that your lover occasionally has thoughts about you and their affection for you. Did they think it last night, hard to say, yesterday is a long day. If you want to actually work at this, and experiment with it, record it. If you're trying to send him a message write down in a notebook what you sent, and when you did. If you think you picked up something from him, write down what you received and when. Have him do the same. Then after a while exchange notebooks and see how you did. They don't have to be exact (I think most of the time telepathic communication is only partly linguistic) but if they sent you a message about having a rough day, and you thought they said something about going for a picnic, totally disconnected. But if they sent about a bad day, and you got the emotion, or a message about some
thing going wrong, and it's in the right time frame, then maybe you have a hit.

I did note times on my laptop or wrote them down. Also we broke up . _.;;

Gesigewigus Wrote:As for what to do for help. Try a material focus of some sort. I know it sounds stereotypically woogy, but holding something of each others, especially something important or personal (in the sense of personal of the body, like a locket of hair) and using that as a...signal booster can help. To a lesser extent something like a picture can be used as a link, and treat the picture like them, thinking and speaking to the image. Really all your doing here is creating a link or connection, something to boost your messages back and forth. Sure you know each other, and are connected that way, but when learning every little bit helps.

I shall try this with someone else..... thanks I think that might actually work! Wish me luck ^^

Gesigewigus Wrote:Also experiment with different ways of sending. Sometimes try straight thinking at them, other times visual something like a phone conversation, or sending a messanger to them. There is no point in trying to hone a method that doesn't work with you, so play around before you try to focus on improving too much.

Ok thanks for the advise.
2012-07-18 6:57
Find
Give Thanks
Terro
Gymnastics instructor and lifeguard
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Another suggestion, alternate route. Many times telepathic abilities in that trance state of being are related to out of body experiences and things like remote viewing. If you believe in those as well or not, take it with however many grains of salt you feel are necessary.

Consider looking up techniques on astral projection and the like as an exercise for synergy that might aid telepathic communication. The following step is of course, document document document! (as was said before me)

document accurately and be skeptical in your review. Be open minded in attempts, but very clear on analysis.

Your mind is hard wired to give you what you want in a lot of instances. If you are straining to "hear" some telepathic message, your sub-conscious may generate a message for you that you believe would be appropriate. Wanting it more makes your brain more apt to create it, and then makes you more apt to believe the artificial construct you imagined. Word of warning.

And as no one has ever proven something like this before, it is a depressing road to be scientific about these things, so hang in there killer.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.
-The Unit
2012-08-22 22:26
Find
Give Thanks