Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Techno-claircognizance
DischordianJoy
drone!
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Techno-claircognizance
Lately on another form (TFW) I've been giving what I refer to as "energy readings" for people over instant message. I've been doing this for a while now, but only recently realized that when I do these readings I literally use the internet to help me get to my goal. I'm not sure how to explain it in words that everyone will be able to understand, so I'll just describe it as accurately as I can.

When I begin, I usually ask someone for a photo or a voice clip, or something I can use to pinpoint them or distinguish them from the rest of the beings currently using the internet. When provided, I basically try to attune my own emotional state to theirs. In order to do that, I send out my thought and my energy, almost like casting a fishing line or astral projecting toward their current location. I follow the internet, the connections of energy are so much easier for me to feel when I have a goal in mind, and I can easily feel my energy touch the other individual's energy. Once we are connected, things that I "see" or "feel" simply pop into my head, and I know that they have meaning. Sometimes I can see them as if they were actually in front of me, sometimes I just say things without knowing what I'm going to say, and sometimes I get a visceral or physical reaction - pain, compression, dizziness, and occasionally emotional responses (though I attempt to shield myself from the emotions of other people). I also do past life regressions, tarot readings, and psychometry in person, but I find that I have difficulty connecting as intimately to someone when I am sitting right next to them.

So what I want to know is...
Am I alone in this? Is it weird? Is there anywhere I can read up on how this is explained? Do you believe that the internet is actually helping me connect to people? How can I become better at it in person?

I know that's a lot to ask, I'm just lately feeling like a freak. I've gotten questions, both about how I do it and about my accuracy, as well as whether or not I'm just blowing smoke about the whole issue. I guess what it comes down to is that I just want to understand my own abilities. Any help would be awesome.

[Image: Signature-1.gif]
2008-06-06 13:47
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Techno-claircognizance
DischordianJoy Wrote:So what I want to know is...
Am I alone in this? Is it weird? Is there anywhere I can read up on how this is explained? Do you believe that the internet is actually helping me connect to people? How can I become better at it in person?

No; Yes; It's a useful pathway- people put their minds into the internet, so you can get to their minds through the internet; Yes; Find some other connection that you can use.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-06-06 14:12
Find
Give Thanks
DischordianJoy
drone!
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I've been trying to find another connection that I can use, and occasionally I've been able to connect through the use of psychometry, but it doesn't feel as encompassing as it does when I'm connected through the internet. Do you think that my use of shielding could be preventing me from connecting to people? I used to be a very strong empath, but I had to block it all out because it was making me irritable, have panic attacks, and just in general freak out. Maybe I'll have to work on tearing down my walls.. But I'm afraid of leaving myself vulnerable.

[Image: Signature-1.gif]
2008-06-06 14:30
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Yeah, I understand that- I do the same thing. However, there is a way through it. I very much doubt I'll explain it right, but I'll try.

Your mind is like a fortress. The walls are up to keep unwanted things out. And so you can dwell inside in relative peace, neh? However, what you want to do is look at things outside the walls, and your telescope isn't quite doing the trick. So what you do is make yourself some armor, build a gate for your fortress- not a hole, just a gate so that you can close up again once you get back home- and venture out. The armor, of course, isn't as strong as the fortress, and so can break with heavy emotions. However, for the most part, if you trust it, it will see you through your journey.

/end medieval analogy

I hope that helps.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-06-06 16:42
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Pity my wicked bibliomancer skills can't be extended to people. That'd be awesome. I've done Tarot readings for people over the 'net, but I'm not sure what the purpose of energy reading is. Just to see if you can figure something out about someone else, or...?

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-08-26 17:08
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

1) As I am on TFW I'm surprised to see that post a little as I've no recollection of seeing a thread where this was offered on TFW or I would have asked for a read. I'm always curious as to what people see as no one's seen me "right" yet. (This is the closest I'll come to bouncing up and down and going "oooh! read me read me!" this week.)
2) I am one of these people who've an innate suspicion towards anyone working over a distance, however as you are using a "tag" of sorts, a picture or a voice clip, I suppose you've got a better chance at being the "real deal" than most over-the-net energy-readers I've noticed.
3) I feel I reach the people I "know" better when I am in the process of talking to them myself. For the sake of reading the cards for them at least. I've done tarot, rune, and other oracle card (I'm ashamed to admit that I fell for a deck of "wisdom of avalon" at work and ended up bringing them home, but not very as they are kickass beautiful and they speak volumes to me) readings for people whom I feel I have a close enough connection with to consider "known" to me. As in, I have had a long standing friendship and exchange of information and sensations with them long enough to feel secure that I can connect with them well enough to provide an accurate reading.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2008-08-26 17:24
Find
Give Thanks