Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Souls?
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Souls?
Okay, my mind's all over the place right now, but let me try to condense this:

So, as an "energy being" do you find that you have a "core"?
Can you/do you/are energy beings capable of having a "soul"?
What would distinguish this "core energy" from the rest of your energy?
What would distinguish a "soul" from the rest of your energy?

If you're an energy being that requires/required other energy to "feed" off of, what exactly prevented any "core" or "soul" that you have/had from changing or flowing along with the rest of your energy?

I had some other questions but they died in my head. If you have any questions that pop up on this subject, just send them in, and I'll edit the main post to reflect it, etc.

And let the answers... roll in!!

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2009-02-21 22:25
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Re: Souls?
simim23 Wrote:Okay, my mind's all over the place right now, but let me try to condense this:

I have a "shape" which is analogous to my body. I extend to its edges and no further.

Quote:Can you/do you/are energy beings capable of having a "soul"?

I don't think anything has a soul in the sense of an extra component of a being other than its physical body.

In the sense of "the core nature and consciousness of who a person is", I believe any complex being can have such a core, regardless of the material it's made of.

Quote:What would distinguish this "core energy" from the rest of your energy?

My energy is what I'm made of; my "self" is who I am. It's a bit like asking what the difference is between 1s and 0s, and a computer program.

Quote:What would distinguish a "soul" from the rest of your energy?

See above - I think that a "soul" is a happy fiction that people choose to believe in to imagine that they have some permanence. My core identity of self, on the other hand, is not energy as such - it is simply complexity.

Quote:If you're an energy being that requires/required other energy to "feed" off of, what exactly prevented any "core" or "soul" that you have/had from changing or flowing along with the rest of your energy?

See above. "Soul" is not related to energy as far as I am aware.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-02-21 22:55
Find
Give Thanks
Selcar
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Yes, depending on how you are using core.

Can you/do you/are energy beings capable of having a "soul"?
I do not think energy beings and physical beings differ in terms of whether they have a soul or not. Whether, and what is, a soul, is still undefined in my mind.

I could only describe it as being "less refined", just energy in motion and consuming itself for the sake of supplying energy to the rest of the system. The part that was the engine for the rest.

I've no good answer for this, I am not sure where I stand on the concept of souls.

If you're an energy being that requires/required other energy to "feed" off of, what exactly prevented any "core" or "soul" that you have/had from changing or flowing along with the rest of your energy?
It was held within a protected area for containment - if that unit was breached, then the energy would flow out freely. Akin to getting stabbed in the heart for a human body.

"Justice, like lightning, should appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear."

[Image: Selcar.jpg]
2009-02-22 0:10
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

simim23 Wrote:So, as an "energy being" do you find that you have a "core"?

I consider my energy itself...so me...to be it. I'm polymorphic so I don't have a core shape or form or what have you, just the energy that is me.

simim23 Wrote:Can you/do you/are energy beings capable of having a "soul"?

I think that an energy being basically is a soul plus one. In my personal belief system I believe that the souls of physical beings require a body to fully function and the body requires the energy of a soul to fully function. Given that, I believe that an energetic being is basically a special kind of soul, one that does not require a physical form to function fully but is a sentient being all on its own.

simim23 Wrote:What would distinguish this "core energy" from the rest of your energy? What would distinguish a "soul" from the rest of your energy?

See above.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-02-22 0:18
Find
Give Thanks
Rein
Nuisance
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Yes.

simim23 Wrote:Can you/do you/are energy beings capable of having a "soul"?
I think so, using my personal definition of 'soul'. I kind of share Sera's view, but it's a little more complicated than that.

simim23 Wrote:What would distinguish this "core energy" from the rest of your energy?
It doesn't move. It can change position, but it stays together in one particular 'form' whereas the rest of the energy around it move and shifts at will. Like a containment field, it almost feels 'separate' from the rest, but at the same time is the source of it. It also functions as a root of sentience. It's the part of you that is 'you' and not just energy extended from you (your 'energy body'). But it's more than just a central operating system. I can't really describe it in words, sorry.
2009-02-22 21:21
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Yes. There is a specific, timeless, unchanging, sort of energy that is my center. It's sort of like my original formless form, a single drop in a sea of consciousness.

Quote:Can you/do you/are energy beings capable of having a "soul"?

To paraphrase Jim Butcher, angels are nothing but soul. So, yes. But I look at soul as being my entire energetic-self, so there are more bits added on than just my core energy. I was once told by one of my siblings that I could return to my original state, and union with the others, at any time, but I would have to abandon my 'construct.' Given that choice...er.....maybe later, much later. Of course the one doing the telling had his own construct, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to tell me.

So, the core is part of my soul, but not all of it. The core simply 'is,' it doesn't 'do.' I can pretty much bet that anything that has to do with form, or purpose, or a separate identity, or even a sense of time itself, is added on. In an angelic sense, the god who 'made' me probably didn't actually 'create' me. Whoever-it-was basically took the core living energy, and shaped it into what they wanted. And the core energy itself doesn't have any particular opinions about whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. Like everything else, it just is.

Quote:If you're an energy being that requires/required other energy to "feed" off of, what exactly prevented any "core" or "soul" that you have/had from changing or flowing along with the rest of your energy?

Good question. I don't think my core energy needs to feed on anything. It exists in a timeless state. The rest of the structure? Well, it does change over time. I guess some parts of it are more sturdy than others. There's a difference between shedding some hair and losing a limb.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2009-02-25 7:24
Find
Give Thanks