Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Dreadful
Solohman
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Something Dreadful
First off, I swear this is true and just happened at 1:45 CST

At exactly 1:45, I was at my store, sitting in the back while the floors dried (I had just mopped). Suddenly, I felt a horrible feeling deep inside of me. The lights flicked out, and the room was complete darkness, except for a modem running on our backup power. We stepped outside to see nothing. No lights, a thick fog, barely visible was a nearby restaurant in our shopping center. I went across the street to check on them, to find nobody inside, though it is 24 hour and I had just talked to the graveyard employee an hour before.

I came back to my store to tell my employee, afterwards we sat in silence. Suddenly, a strange music with chanting lyrics and a slow off key sound came from our PA system. I had both unplugged and unhooked our PA because it sometimes is left on and you can hear the cashiers' conversations. Even worse, we can't agree on the words, though she heard the music, she claims the lyrics were "run...run...run..." while I heard a quick repetition of "why why whywhywhy".

We are now sitting inside, listening to a wailing sound, like a train but deep enough to shake the Windows.

I don't know if this is magic. I don't know what's happening. But I want some kind of explanation or help or suggestions. We've called the police and electric company, they assure us power will be back soon and we can't bring ourselves to tell them about the music or wailing.
2015-05-28 7:06
Find
Give Thanks
Solohman
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Something Dreadful
Update, lights are back and wailing have stopped, but the insects continue to appear and disappear. I also have developed a strange looking bruise on my left cheek, roughly the size and shape of a pecan. My coworker also has one on her left forearm. Checked our PA, still unplugged from power and uncooked from the the paging system.
2015-05-28 8:00
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Has anything like this ever happened before at your job?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2015-05-28 21:26
Find
Give Thanks
Solohman
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Several times, something similar has happened. My oldest memory of a like event was when I was very young, 4-5 years old, I woke up from an intense nightmare and went to turn on the lights, but none had power. Though I believe that may be an overreaction to a power outage.

However, I seem to draw in "odd events" of these kind. I occasionally (2-3 times a year) go through similar to this, each around the same time of night, and mostly harmless, just fear with no injury. The worst experience was a long night drive to Dallas (300 miles, starting at midnight) when a force shoved my car off the road, tumbling down a hill, rolling twice and ending upside down against a tree. At first I was suspected of drunk driving, but throughout a one month investigation, they simply found I had been involved in a collision with something moving at a high speed. No paint marks, scratches, or damage to surrounding cars or property. Simply a 2'x2' mostly round dent in the left fender. I somehow crawled out of that accident completely uninjured but for a bruised knee.

But this concerns me because throughout all these experiences, only the past two have actually hurt me physically.
2015-05-29 0:18
Find
Give Thanks
Solohman
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Another, worse update.

Several of my employees asked me various questions about whether I was alright, was something wrong, etc. Well, finally, I started asking them why they asked.

First off, let me say, I DO NOT come to work on my days off, like yesterday, unless someone has literally died.

Everyone I asked, a total of eight, said I had come in, walked around, and sat in my office for a few minutes before leaving. The whole time I looked incredibly angry and wouldn't say a word to any one, shrugging every time someone talked to me.

Yesterday, I literally slept from 3 AM to 6PM, and at no time left my house.
2015-05-30 6:42
Find
Give Thanks