Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Sleep
Partly in relation to Archer's topic about sleeping positions and partly because I sleep like crap.

I've noticed that a fair amount of people who identify as Otherkin also seem to have some sort of sleeping problem: insomnia, restlessness, trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, etc. I wonder if there's a correlation between being Otherkin and how they sleep?

Obviously this could simply be because we don't sleep well or any number of other purely human reasons, but how many of you actually have trouble sleeping in some form or another? I'm interested in speculating on whether people think the two share something in common or not.

I haven't ever had trouble falling asleep (accept on rare occasions where I'm nervous about something). However, I do have trouble actually staying asleep. During the night I usually get up at least once but lately, it's been at least twice a night (and last night it was at least 4 times!). Because I'm not able to stay asleep, I rarely hit the R.E.M. cycle and get restful sleep, thus I wake up tired all the time.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2009-01-26 18:05
Find
Give Thanks
House Hesson
cat slave
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Re: Sleep
Difficulty falling asleep, difficulty waking up, sometimes pretty bad insomnia. At minimum, the last of those is related to depression.

-Nonny

"All knowledge is worth having." -Phedre no Delaunay

"Everything has a price." -Jaenelle Angelline

"I think if you try, that's being your best." -Echo
2009-01-26 19:48
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

I have trouble with transitions in general. This includes starting projects, stopping them, leaving my apartment to go somewhere, leaving somewhere to go back to my apartment, leaving my room to get meals, etc. Of course, this also includes the transitions between being awake and asleep, so it takes me forever to try to go to sleep and forever to actually wake up again.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2009-01-26 19:59
Find
Give Thanks
Miniar
Artist
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I've got insomnia of sorts. I am a "loose" sleeper, that is to say, my sleep pattern is interrupted so that I do not actually get into "deep sleep" without my pills. This is probably why I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

[Image: Signiature.jpg]
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
2009-01-26 20:07
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Just to fill in the gap: I no longer have any problems with sleep. I had for a long time during full-moon (no lycanthrop being) but after resolving this problem I sleep well betweeen 4 and 7 hours - depending on what I did the evening before. However I am quite often lucid in dreams, but this does not count as problem.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2009-01-26 20:11
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Freetha Wrote:I've got insomnia of sorts. I am a "loose" sleeper, that is to say, my sleep pattern is interrupted so that I do not actually get into "deep sleep" without my pills. This is probably why I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Obviously your sleep pills help. What do you take?

Also, does anyone think their sleep patterns relate to their being Otherkin or not?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2009-01-26 20:18
Find
Give Thanks
simim23
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I just don't like sleeping. Don't like eating either.

It's generally that I don't like having limits, and if I want to do something, the hell if sleep or hunger is going to get in my way of doing it.

And, then, sometimes, I just plain forget. I'm a very VERY active person. The moment I stop being active, however, I usually crash.

Simim: Rainbow poop at your disservice.
[Image: 313pq88.png]
2009-01-26 21:47
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

It could be related to what I am, and then it could not.

I've always naturally been a day sleeper. I sleep better with the lights on then with the lights off. I have been diagnosed with insomnia, they say is linked to me being bi polar *shrugs* some days I'm not so sure about either.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2009-01-26 22:04
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Nope, nothing to do my kin-side. Just me.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2009-01-26 22:20
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I have various sleep issues, BUT - many completely normal people have sleep issues, and respondents here are very much self selecting. That means that first of all this kind of question can't even show correlation - and if correlation was shown that wouldn't show causation anyway.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-01-26 22:26
Find
Give Thanks