Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky Auras
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Sky Auras
For the longest time i just figured that's what everyone saw when they stared up at the sky. I then found out that it was just me, and a few years later i was informed that what i was seeing can be called sky auras and that others have been able to see them as well (just no one I've met thus far). When i look up i don't just see blue, but within the blue swirling colors that bombard my vision and prevent me from comfortably staring up at the sky. It's only during the day that it hurts too look at, though i can still see them at night as well. The difference for me is that at night i only notice them if that's what I'm looking for, otherwise the stars in the sky usually keep my focus so the sky auras don't bother me there.

Oh but during that day it's a pain. Sort of like a headache when i stare at it, but the pain is more in my eyes then anywhere. And it's not like I'm staring at the sun, just the sky.
I also see them on blank walls, especially if they are the colors light blue or white. So for me, being in a room with blank walls for a while will get me really anxious and bothered cause of the bombard of what I'm perceiving.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced sky auras or at least something like them (even by a different name).

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-09-23 17:36
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Re: Sky Auras
As soon as I open my "third-eye" I can see this aura, too. I figured out that I can see the "emotional-body" of Earth, it has dominating two colours that can be described as tones of a blue and a kind of pink, having fields of both colors on the sky. During opening up my "other" vision the night turns day, because I see the energetic bodies of anything alive, too. Other features I can see that reach from the ground up in the skies - but I cannot describe them with words easily. I have different kinds of vision-frequencies to choose from. The most nearest to the material world is a grey zone, in which everything appears in a dull lighted grey - I can spot real Otherkins there - they appear as what they are in real, i.e. a dragonkin appears as a folded dragon, a Therian as the animal and so on - there are not many Otherkins around in common daily life, so this vision is quite dull and boring. The next level is the one where I can see those colours in the sky. There are other, "higher" levels. In one of them I can see the "idea" of an object. A street for example appears as a bundle of colourful lines - each one representing the special idea of transportation of one person that drove this street or is going to do so. Difficult to describe - the sky then appears in a blueish-white.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2008-09-23 20:50
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

And the obvious "mundane" questions from me:

Do you have any visual problems?
Do you have any neurological problems?
Have you ever had any kind of seizure?
Is your blood pressure high?
Is your blood pressure low?
Are you sensitive to light (eg needing sunglasses when other people don't)?

The fact that you see them on blank walls as well as the sky implies to me that it's some kind of visual phenomena, rather than energetic.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2008-09-23 21:26
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

If you want a mundane answer, I'd go with the brain making up patterns to fill the blank space. And if it looks the same on a wall as it does in the sky, I might go with that one.

Though at the same time, Valamezar's description of blues and pinks sounds vaguely familiar. As in, if I were to imagine what these auras look like, those would be the colors I'd choose. My 'sight' often works that way, not with my physical eyes but with my mind's eye. Sort of like: 'If I could see it, it would look like this.'

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-09-24 0:42
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Valamezar - I can sort of relate to what you've experienced. I just seem to have one level of it and it's quite constant. the only difference is whether or not i pay it attention. and often that seems to depend on over what colors I'm viewing them on. I can sometimes read if someone is another otherkin also with this vision thing i do. For me it's more i see the difference in the colors i see around an individual and that give me a decent idea on whether or not someone has something different about them energy wise. I wouldn't say mine is reliable as an otherkin detector since i've seen people who aren't otherkin have something different about them. Though with otherkin i can usually pin point it depedning.
Again, this is all highly subjective and so i don't use it as a be all end all what people are or could be. just possibilities I'm always looking to further learn about and understand.

Archer Wrote:And the obvious "mundane" questions from me:
Almost forgot to go into that stuff. Shows how long it's been since I've shared some of my fluff on here

Archer Wrote:Do you have any visual problems?
Nothing too out of the ordinary. I have glasses and contacts so my eyes get checked every 6 months and so far nothing crazy has been reported.
Also, I've been perceiving 'sky auras' since before my sight started going in high school. So i don't blame those either.

Quote:Do you have any neurological problems?
aside from dyslexia, nope. have been all checked out upstairs quite thoroughly (i blame being a nursing student for that) and everything is so far in the right spot.

Quote:Have you ever had any kind of seizure?
thank goodness not yet and it doesn't seem to be a likely experience for me this lifetime.

Quote:Is your blood pressure high?
no where near it

Quote:Is your blood pressure low?
not unhealthily low. more at an athletes typical level.

Quote:Are you sensitive to light (eg needing sunglasses when other people don't)?
terro is, but i do fine with light at typical levels

Quote:The fact that you see them on blank walls as well as the sky implies to me that it's some kind of visual phenomena, rather than energetic.
I'm not sure how accurate the term 'sky auras' is. i more attribute what I'm seeing to the air and i could just be perceiving a sort of energy around me. I'm open to suggestions and exploring other options, but thus far calling what i can see 'sky auras' is a start. It's not too off from other things i believe I've perceived so i keep the metaphysical option open in this case.

Motley - The making up patterns might be an explanation. I'll have to look into it more, though. Also it doesn't fully match up with some of my other experiences with this phenomena but hey, got to start somewhere.

2008-09-24 1:01
Find
Give Thanks
Ges
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Funny, I just mentioned in my lj about a similar phenomena that I've had my entire life. For me it's not just skies or walls, it's any "solid" colour. I look at a sheet of paper and there is a faded rainbow "static" on it, no matter what it is. I just don't see solid colours, and haven't met anyone like this, but since it doesn't interfere with my life, I've never brought it up with a doctor to see if there is a medical issue behind it.

I've never seen anything great from this, it's just constant, no real information from it, not like seeing an aura, this just is. I assume it's just how my eyes process light.

[Image: neverforgetm.png]

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
2008-09-24 2:17
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Gesigewigus Wrote:I look at a sheet of paper and there is a faded rainbow "static" on it, no matter what it is.

That about describes what i see also, though I'd add that for me it has a movement to it as well, almost like the flowing of water that i can't seem to follow

2008-09-24 3:28
Find
Give Thanks
freelanceangel
customer service *facepalm*
Kintype:
Otherkin:

In regards to this topic, does anyone else see blank things move like they're breathing? Just to cover my bases, yes, I am near-sighted with astigmatism in my right eye, and I wear corrective glasses. No high blood pressure, seizures, psychological issues (that I'm aware of) or anything of the sort. I do, however, see patterns on blank walls- sort of like decorative light reflections, or something along those lines- and objects which are stationary seem to breathe when I look at them. (I've tried looking at them just out of my left eye, and they still do it. I have no astigmatism in that eye, so as far as I can tell, it's not that.)

[Image: frelanceangelbanner.png]
Banner/Avatar done by the GLORIOUS Elinox: THANK YOU!
2008-09-24 14:23
Find
Give Thanks
Twilight
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I don't know if what I see common or not. Every once in a while when I look into the air I see a swirling. No odd colors. More like a translucent whirlpool in the sky.

[Image: twilightbanner.png]
I dare an agnostic to prove he or she exists.
2008-09-24 14:45
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I often attribute anything I "see" in the sky (aside from normal sky things) to basically staring at the sun...the sun does strange things to your vision.

Do you notice "sky auras" on cloudy days? At night? Any time other than when it's sunny?

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-09-24 16:37
Find
Give Thanks