Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shifting realms?
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Shifting realms?
I'm not exactly sure how to phrase this... Is there any way that a being that has a a connection to one god or set of gods (my broad working definition for Celestial) could incarnate here or otherwise take physical from, get stuck here a while and get taken on by another god or set of gods? I think I could see it happening if the being in question started off as something that incarnates but needs something (physical, metaphysical or metaphorical) in order to get back to their original realm, lost that, got reincarnated a few times, then got picked up by a deity or entity that appoints spirits by what they've done over what they are.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-10-28 1:21
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Shifting realms?
No, I don't think so. In my experience, angels/celestials are pretty deity specific and wouldn't get "stuck here" for lack of better terminology unless by the design of that deity. That and I'm not sure any being "need something" to get back to where they came from. Once they're released from their current body they're on their merry way. Where they end up is either by choice or divine design (heh that rhymes).

I also don't think a being can get "picked up" by a foreign deity. That kind of implies some kind of slavery as a being would probably not willingly serve a deity that isn't their patron deity.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-10-28 3:13
Find
Give Thanks
vampyre_smiles
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Interesting. I guess although there are myths pertaining to both of these, (Tennin in Japan are believed to need Celstial robes to return to heaven, Valkyrie were supposedly warrior women who were chosen by Odin after death in battle), they are more likely just to be stories than relevant to anything here. Or they are incorrect human perspectives on things that work differently than that.

Though even if both parts were true on their own, they would be unlikely to happen in conjunction.

[Image: 2mLJ.gif]
2008-10-28 3:38
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Stuck? No, just sort of changed. And I'm not really trying to get back to my original realm. I think of myself as being in retirement. Or maybe on extended leave.

And in my own case, my current spirit guide, who I serve and who adopted me, is not my original deity. There's enough of a similarity that I feel comfortable, and enough of a difference that I feel I can learn new things.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-28 6:07
Find
Give Thanks
Malakoi
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:No, I don't think so. In my experience, angels/celestials are pretty deity specific and wouldn't get "stuck here" for lack of better terminology unless by the design of that deity. That and I'm not sure any being "need something" to get back to where they came from. Once they're released from their current body they're on their merry way. Where they end up is either by choice or divine design (heh that rhymes).

I also don't think a being can get "picked up" by a foreign deity. That kind of implies some kind of slavery as a being would probably not willingly serve a deity that isn't their patron deity.
I am a celestial who is not deity related and who was "picked up" by a foreign deity. I am also trying to get back to my original realm (space) through any means possible.

[Image: malakoi2.png]
2008-10-28 9:34
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Well then, I'm wrong. *rephrases* I doubt a celestial would serve another deity unwillingly.

2008-10-28 20:55
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:Well then, I'm wrong. *rephrases* I doubt a celestial would serve another deity unwillingly.

I never said I was unwilling.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-10-28 23:31
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I know, hence the rephrase.

2008-10-29 0:49
Find
Give Thanks
Annwyn
Super Moderator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

I'm with Sera on this; I think most celestials would be unwilling to serve a different deity.

I know if some deity was like "Hey, you. You serve me now", I would be pissed beyond belief. I don't serve anyone to my knowledge and want to keep it that way.

--Gabriel

Members: Gabriel, Lestat, Nico, Fenrir, and Nathaniel.
2008-11-05 21:46
Find
Give Thanks
Valamezar
Condordancer, Bannsänger, professional Nurse, Remote Viewer and Trainer of it, Webadmin and Artist (Singer, Painter and Writer)
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Serving a different deity would be a descending into lower realms for me. "Serving" is not the right term, however. I am "part of" the univeral notion or consciousness of creation that is everything and everywhere in the multiverse. Serving a different entity would mean a kind of idolatry to me. So I am part of the multiverse's consciousness in its purpose.

Of course there are many that serve a personified deity, being a messenger of it and all. However I cannot imagine that one changes that assignment. But: in the same pantheon, where more then only one deity is hanging around I can think of such incidence. But I am quite sure that this remains an exception.

If some people really see angels where others see only empty space, let them paint the angels. (John Ruskin, 1819 - 1900, english critic and writer)
2008-11-05 22:11
Find
Give Thanks