Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shifting in Ritual
NightStorm
Getting a Job through BVR, Professional Noob Smasher and Troll Detector
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Shifting in Ritual
Hey everyone I have question to all the magic and pagan pratictioners out there. Do you shift durning a ritual? Does the magic and energy cause a strong shift at all. The reason I am asking is because something like that happened to be at Pagan Pride day here is what I wrote in my blog
Quote:The Three cranes is ADF Druid Grove that did a Mabon ritual at the park. It was pretty elaborate...the ritualism sorta brough a memory of mass for some weird reason. Durning the ritual...however. I did have a very strong Ph-shift, or phantom shift, I felt my paws on both my hands (normally it's my left) felt a heavy muzzle and ears, I suppose it was the magic that surrounded area that caused the shift. I am not sure. Something simular happened durning the Full Moon ritual.

Has that happened to anyone?

[Image: 10hvc68.jpg] Visit here [url="Ramblings of an Autistic Therian"]http://autistictherian.blogspot.com/[/url]
2008-09-22 15:20
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Shifting in Ritual
I pretty much always shift when I play with, or am played with by, a lot of energy. Must have been a good ritual! I used to be the Door Warden for my old coven. 'Do you think you can stand here, hold the sword and guard the circle?' -giggle- 'I get the pointy stick! Woohoo!' Of course I shifted!

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-09-22 16:16
Find
Give Thanks
NightStorm
Getting a Job through BVR, Professional Noob Smasher and Troll Detector
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

the druid ritual was an energy'plosion I think "Opening the gates" really caused the primary shift. I think the full moon ritual was sorta funny now that I think about..

I shifted. On a full moon. Everyone LOL

[Image: 10hvc68.jpg] Visit here [url="Ramblings of an Autistic Therian"]http://autistictherian.blogspot.com/[/url]
2008-09-23 17:42
Find
Give Thanks
Chimera
Wild Librarian
Kintype: Large mixed-origin multiple system
Otherkin: No

I tend to shift during ritual work and such as well. Sometimes its simple a heightening of sensitivity and detail to my existing phantom limbs to actual mental and phantom shifts. Simple spell or ritual work may only cause a slight mental shift and a strengthening of my phantom sensations but more extensive rituals usually cause stronger shifts during and sometimes afterward.

- Earth Listener
2010-07-20 21:16
Find
Give Thanks
lillightfoot
Dog walker
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I don't use rituals but when I deal with large amounts of energy I tend to shift yes. This is especially when I really gather everything up and dance, I call up huge amounts of energy and the Ph-/m-shifts are very intense usually.

I am everything, I am nothing, I am balance.
2010-07-20 21:25
Find
Give Thanks
WolfVanZandt
Vocational evaluator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

I would be rather surprised if ritual didn't cause a shift. THat's what rituals do - cause change in consciousness. That would go for magic users, pagans, or Christians.....or flat atheists.

Back when I was shifting, I was in gospel groups. I usually performed shifted. Singing is my surrogate howl. The group I was in did a blues version of "There will be peace in the valley" in which I literally howled.....pure, unadulterated ecstacy......
2010-07-21 0:05
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

WolfVanZandt Wrote:Singing is my surrogate howl.

This. Yes!

And when I performed rituals, I always felt more "wolfy" than not. Mostly because of the atmosphere I guess.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2010-07-21 14:49
Find
Give Thanks
Chimera
Wild Librarian
Kintype: Large mixed-origin multiple system
Otherkin: No

WolfVanZandt Wrote:I would be rather surprised if ritual didn't cause a shift. That's what rituals do - cause change in consciousness. That would go for magic users, pagans, or Christians.....or flat atheists.

True. Its just interesting HOW it effects rituals or just spiritual observances in general.

WolfVanZandt Wrote:Back when I was shifting, I was in gospel groups. I usually performed shifted. Singing is my surrogate howl. The group I was in did a blues version of "There will be peace in the valley" in which I literally howled.....pure, unadulterated ecstacy......

I agree with this as well to much. Singing does make a wonderful surrogate for howling. I was in school choir from elementary all up through high school and it was an awesome experience. Also, I’m not sure why, but I’ve always found something more poetic about listening to and singing songs you don’t use every day (which usually means Latin in most circumstances).
2010-07-21 19:27
Find
Give Thanks
Pyewacket
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Yep, I almost always shift during rituals. :3 It helps and often makes me feel more 'tuned in'.
2010-12-08 10:39
Find
Give Thanks
Wolfsnake
Fly on the wall
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I'm always at least somewhat shifted. I used to repress it, but I've started letting myself be myself more in ritual, and it is amazing.
2010-12-09 6:51
Find
Give Thanks