Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing Experiences
Rixem
In an Ongoing Existential Crisis
Kintype: Unsure
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

Sharing Experiences
A bit about my experience:

* I've never connected my body or my appearance to myself. Sometimes, I don't recognize myself in pictures. When I look at mirrors, that doesn't seem right. It doesn't feel like my body IS me, it's like I'm "using it". Like when you drive a car, the car isn't part of you; You're just using it. Except it's not even my car, it's like a rental or something.

* I really don't enjoy being a human & I don't enjoy having/inhabiting a physical body. (But I definitely recognize the benefits of having a functioning human body.)

* In particular, walking on 2 legs feels weird. (To be fair, maybe the human body just isn't as well-built as it could be.)

* I don't feel any connection to gender at all, I personally don't see any difference between them & I don't know how other people do.

* I always feel out of place, sometimes homesick (even when I'm at home). I have a lot of other explanations as to why I never belong where I am, but still.

* I once asked myself if I could look like anything (human or not), what I would be most comfortable with & it looks like a big glowy ball. Like a star. It kind of sounds like what other people here are describing.

* Someone once brought up to me the concept that maybe I'm "from the constellation Lyra" & it felt really right somehow (regardless of a lack of evidence)

I haven't had dreams or memories of looking like this & haven't noticed any shifts. What's everybody else's experience & opinions on this kintype? Do you refer to your kintype as "energy being", or something else?

(If anyone's curious what my PFP is, I had a dream I saw mother nature once & she looked like this.)
2022-11-13 6:11
Find
Give Thanks
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Kintype: Lupine & Feline
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: Sharing Experiences
Where do you feel is home?

And if you feel connected to the constellation Lyra, have you looked more into the science behind it? Is there something there you feel drawn/attached to?

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
Banner by me. If you want one too, see here.

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, The Dresden Files
2022-11-15 17:12
Find
Give Thanks
Rixem
In an Ongoing Existential Crisis
Kintype: Unsure
Contribution: tick 

RE: Sharing Experiences
(2022-11-15 17:12)Elinox Wrote:  Where do you feel is home?

And if you feel connected to the constellation Lyra, have you looked more into the science behind it? Is there something there you feel drawn/attached to?

Nowhere feels like home.

I don't feel any connection to Lyra personally. I just liked the idea of being from somewhere else because it would explain why nowhere on Earth is home. I would leave Earth if I could. Not out of a sense of adventure, I just don't care to be here.

But there's something pathetic about it too somehow

(If anyone's curious what my PFP is, I had a dream I saw mother nature once & she looked like this.)
2022-11-16 5:49
Find
Give Thanks