Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shapeshifters - Question
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Shapeshifters - Question
How did you find out that you could shape shift during a previous life? By shape shifting I mean by altering the physical body.

I'm a bit curious, because I've had these certainly... feelings I guess we could call them and a shape shifter I know said this is exactly how he felt when he figured out he was a shape shifter.

The feeling I have is one I've had since I was very young. It only happened when I was sort of in a trance, comfortable, and laying down. When I close my eyes, it's like I can see some sort of 'orb' of energy, but it's still transparent and doesn't seem like any form of energy. In my mind I try to reach out for it and my hand just twists around it, bending and deforming around it while changing sizes. It often felt as though my head and mouth were bigger than it would seem possible. All of this neither hurt or felt good, but it was like I could still feel something.

Just recently it happened again, and this time I tried wrapping my hand around it again. This time, however, I treated it just like energy and took it as my own. I'm not sure if it did anything to be honest, but the awkward experiences that I feel immediately stopped afterwords. The next day, I thought about my strong spiritual connection with eastern-style dragons and thought if I was a shape shifter, and I changed in between two forms. I'm not sure if the two events are connected or not and to be honest it sounds more like a little wistful thinking as I'm very unsure about the shape shifting part. It doesn't sound quite right to me, I'm not sure. But when the person told me that this is what he experienced when he figured it out, I started thinking about it again.

Your take on all of this? If it's a little hazy and you want any more clarification that I might not have described enough, tell me. I'm not really sure if there is... but it's mainly because I'm still pretty nervous about talking on forums and such. ^.=.^;

[Image: dragonimage_156_312_pixel]
Give the guy some love!
2008-11-29 2:00
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

Re: Shapeshifters - Question
Well for me the title is technically polymorph, because I didn't have a proper physical form during my past existance...energetic being afterall. So if you want to know how did I find out I have multiple forms, it was basically shifts, "memories," definitive feelings of attachments to different forms while having a definite core kintype, in my case of celestial.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2008-11-29 3:36
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:Well for me the title is technically polymorph, because I didn't have a proper physical form during my past existance...energetic being afterall. So if you want to know how did I find out I have multiple forms, it was basically shifts, "memories," definitive feelings of attachments to different forms while having a definite core kintype, in my case of celestial.

Ah, should I add that I know I was a definite physical being? I know for sure that I was a typical 'western' style dragon. It's the only past life I am currently aware of or accept as having had it.

Give the guy some love!
2008-11-29 3:42
Find
Give Thanks
Deros
High School/College Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

It's my assumption that physical shapeshifting really is near-difficult to impossible. The reason for this is simple- the body has a certain way that it "works". If it gets thrown off of that pattern too much, it stops working, and really never gets to the different shape. Spiritual shapeshifting affecting the physical, I can believe, in a more energy-saturated environment than our own. However, I don't quite know right now how to explain how it would work. If someone else could, that would be great, but the fact remains that I don't believe in shapeshifters that deal only in the physical.

[Image: Banner-1.jpg]
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
2008-11-29 4:49
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Deros Wrote:It's my assumption that physical shapeshifting really is near-difficult to impossible. The reason for this is simple- the body has a certain way that it "works". If it gets thrown off of that pattern too much, it stops working, and really never gets to the different shape.

My exact reason why I'm so hesitant to believe that I really could shape shift, heh. It just doesn't sound plausible. Though, like I said, the person who I'm referring to just had to make me think about it when we had the same experience.

Give the guy some love!
2008-11-29 4:54
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

It's not plausible on this plane of existance. However, on other planes where the "laws of science" are completely different, I don't see why it couldn't happen.

2008-11-29 5:18
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Seraphyna Wrote:It's not plausible on this plane of existance. However, on other planes where the "laws of science" are completely different, I don't see why it couldn't happen.

Well, I most certainly lived on this plane of existence. =p But I completely agree that it's possible in another.

Give the guy some love!
2008-11-29 5:20
Find
Give Thanks
aeryael
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Hummm... when I think of otherkin, except for therians and such, I always think of other planes of existance, as in, other "dimensions" than the human world, simply because of the fact that there aren't historical records of those known as mythical creatures existing on this physical world - except for the myths - as far as I know. I believe different planes can interact pretty well anyway and that they don't need to be completely separated and "far away" from each other. By "this place of existance", you mean "the human world"? This one as we know it?
It's kinda difficult to talk about "this world as we know it" anyway because I think reality is kinda subjective... but, I guess you know what I mean.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Deviantart: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aeryael.deviantart.com">http://aeryael.deviantart.com</a><!-- m -->
Etsy store: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://orkideavioleta.etsy.com">http://orkideavioleta.etsy.com</a><!-- m -->
2008-11-30 7:11
Find
Give Thanks
Grahckheuhl
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

aeryael Wrote:Hummm... when I think of otherkin, except for therians and such, I always think of other planes of existance, as in, other "dimensions" than the human world, simply because of the fact that there aren't historical records of those known as mythical creatures existing on this physical world - except for the myths - as far as I know. I believe different planes can interact pretty well anyway and that they don't need to be completely separated and "far away" from each other. By "this place of existance", you mean "the human world"? This one as we know it?
It's kinda difficult to talk about "this world as we know it" anyway because I think reality is kinda subjective... but, I guess you know what I mean.

Funny thing about that, my mate doesn't think I lived on this Earth but one nearly identical with just small unnoticeable differences. I'm not too knowledgeable in this department so I'm a bit hesitant to say that was true as well. Regardless if I lived in this plane of existence or another I'll probably continue saying that I lived on Earth.

But I have a question to this: Would the physics of another Earth be so different to allow physical transformation? I really don't know much about different planes, which is why I find it a bit odd that it could be so different in that respective.

Give the guy some love!
2008-11-30 15:37
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:

A parallel plane...one identical to this one in all but scientific laws...could very possibly exist. Planes are basically entirely independent of each other, but can definitely interact. The concept of a plane resembling this one, yet differing in that key aspect of science, isn't too hard to believe.

2008-11-30 16:07
Find
Give Thanks