Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow energy and its characteristics?
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Shadow energy and its characteristics?
With the recent influx of topics concerning shadows and shadow energy, I find myself frustrated at my inability to understand fully exactly what is being discussed, as I do not as of yet understand the types of *energies* being discussed. Specifically I do not know what contact with "shadow energy" feels like, what it feels like to take it in, or when it is used or consumed. I've only managed to get a brief idea through reading about shadows in general; beings of an energetic nature no longer come near me ever since I was changed -- or I no longer notice them -- so I can't reliably experience it firsthand (and know I have done so afterwards). This would be somewhat tolerable if I knew what kind of thing I was... but I don't even know the name / term of the energy I utilize, so all of this talk may -- or may not -- be directly relevant to me.

Examples :

The energy of living things, taken directly from their form, is akin to "fire" to me -- whenever I take it in, it creates a severe burning sensation depending on what it was taken from. Trees, for example, have a low intensity / long-lasting type of sensation whereas the energy of humans is oft extremely hot and short-lived. I just call it "living energy", for lack of a better term.

The energy that I most commonly use, however (I draw it intuitively and without effort, simply on will) feels far more as static or an electric current. In high amounts, the sensation is slightly numbing and I have no issues drawing it in or manipulating it within my body. Different locations seem to have different amounts of this energy, though I'm not yet able to distinguish a solid pattern as to what determines how much is natural in a given area.

What would shadow energy feel like if it were to be taken in, and where might one find it?

Anything else about it that should be noted?

~~~
2012-09-08 10:00
Find
Give Thanks
Noise
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Re: Shadow energy and its characteristics?
For me, in my limited experience, it's dark, heavy, and warm. For most people I'd imagine it's cold. Although, one thing that makes me think you probably aren't dealing with shadow stuff is that you mentioned buzzing. This is mostly stemming from my conceptual associations with shadow stuff, but buzzing is not something that I would associate with shadow at all. It's far too active a sensation.

Now, shadow energy does have texture, but there's a difference between rubbing sandpaper on your skin, and being tasered.

That being said, and this is mostly bias from my memories coming into play, the fact that you described your energy as something like static makes me think that maybe you should try exploring energy with conceptual ties to things like destruction or disruption of established patterns? There's a few entities in my memories that had energy that was something like radio static, and they got whatever juice they needed through actively destroying things and just generally ruining people's days.
2012-09-08 19:06
Find
Give Thanks
SoullessSingularity
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I would always imagine shadow energy not unlike inhaling that subtle smoke you don't notice until your lungs grow tight. Personally I don't deal with shadow energy, so I wouldn't be sure. How would one 'tap into' shadow energy anyways?

What we see is a bad reflection
What we seek has already passed us by
What we feel is only misplaced romance
And all that we know is a lie
2012-09-08 21:42
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Noise Wrote:That being said, and this is mostly bias from my memories coming into play, the fact that you described your energy as something like static makes me think that maybe you should try exploring energy with conceptual ties to things like destruction or disruption of established patterns? There's a few entities in my memories that had energy that was something like radio static, and they got whatever juice they needed through actively destroying things and just generally ruining people's days.
That's rather accurate. For energy beings, I destabilize the target before taking them in and tearing them apart, forcing their energy into smaller and smaller isolated bits until they are no longer able to maintain the being's consciousness / will. It's unfortunate, but if you have memories like that, then the possibility that I'm simply being avoided becomes more likely. Upsetting.

As far as shadow energy and my energy is concerned, I was fairly certain that what you have said is correct; I don't actively work with shadow energy as far as I am aware... at least in the present. I have very little experience with any energy than the two types I mentioned post-coalescence, and I was using them as examples of how I "perceive" energy so that one might be able to supply me with a more tailored answer. Your answer on that point (and the following analysis) was most certainly suitable, and so I thank you for that.

Dark, heavy, and warm? Hmm... there's nothing in my memory that corresponds well with that. My supposed contact with shadows / shadow energy was pre-coalescence and therefore suspect in its validity, but it currently brings to mind the thought of placing cotton balls within one's mouth. Without much flavor at all (and what flavor there is, not particularly appetizing) with a very irritating textile consistency. The energy, however, felt to me to be quite light and fairly lukewarm. While it may have had a chilling effect on my body, it did not "taste" cold or warm -- it was nondescript. Is this at all correct? Does it describe a different energy that you know of, perhaps?

Mm, Soulless, I'm not entirely sure how one would tap into any energy, much less "shadow energy". My own is natural, leading me to not understand at all the mechanics behind it.

~~~
2012-09-08 23:08
Find
Give Thanks
Chordal
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

'ey, you.

Rain Wrote:I've only managed to get a brief idea through reading about shadows in general; beings of an energetic nature no longer come near me ever since I was changed -- or I no longer notice them -- so I can't reliably experience it firsthand (and know I have done so afterwards).
I don't know if your situation is at all similar to mine, but I thought I'd let you know about this.

Going on psychiatric medications can very much change the way one deals with "energy" and spiritual beings, even if the primary action of the medication only indirectly impacts whatever it is we use to "sense." When I was not on medication, the "calls" I'd get (I refer to them like phone calls) -- visions, messages, etc. -- were very vivid and would take up most of my attention, though I could normally still operate in the regular world at the same time. When I started antidepressants, my mind became suddenly very quiet. No chatter, no visions, hardly any sense of presence. So I had to find other ways of communicating (it turned out that noting synchronicities became my next step, which was also the way that I found out that the entity called Samael was not the "Satan" I'd known, incidentally). It wasn't until after my merger that I actually felt calm again (as versus distressed at having my world and my companions ripped away from me).

Of course, though, the medication and the merger happened around the same time -- it was kind of an act of desperation, something that had been considered before but which now needed to be done before contact -- and memories -- were completely lost (while the medication was just because I was in so much pain that I'd become willing to consider it).

I went through the same kind of thing when I added a different medication years later, in college. There was a clear adjustment period between the mode I'd become used to operating in, where I felt that I could sense the emotional states of others (think "ki extension" towards the target [looking at them helps], as you would extend ki towards something you're about to grab, but haven't yet -- enveloping the target and feeling what it is they're emanating)...and the latter period where it was like learning to live as a normal human, without that input: taking people on their word and not attempting to predict what would happen or trying to control what I thought might happen. When I'm on a lower dosage of this medication, I become more intuitive and fluid but I also am less able to have awareness of exactly what it is I'm thinking. When I'm on a higher dosage, I become much more rational and linear in thought, and I'm more apt to hold an atheistic and skeptical perspective. Basically it's Air/slight Earth, countering an overabundance of Water, if my notions of Air, Earth and Water are correct. (Sorry to get all alchemistic on you -- what I'm talking about is basic Western Occult Tradition stuff as applied to psychiatry.)

So basically, this is to say that in my experience, brain chemistry very much affects how much one senses or doesn't sense. I should also note, though -- I am better off for having taken the medications. It's just that there's a cost/benefit assessment that has to be made, which one may not actually be able to get a good reading on until years into recovery from a serious mental illness.

Rain Wrote:Trees, for example, have a low intensity / long-lasting type of sensation whereas the energy of humans is oft extremely hot and short-lived. I just call it "living energy", for lack of a better term.
You might want to look up the terms: ki, qi or chi, and prana. They all refer to vital living energy; "ki" is the Japanese interpretation, "qi" or "chi" is Chinese, "prana" is East Indian.
2012-09-09 0:06
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Chordal Wrote:Going on psychiatric medications can very much change the way one deals with "energy" and spiritual beings, even if the primary action of the medication only indirectly impacts whatever it is we use to "sense."
I believe that this can be ruled out in my case, considering I am very much against taking medication of any kind. I haven't so much as taken allergy medicine in literal years, and I maintained this type of mindset even pre-coalescence.

Quote:No chatter, no visions, hardly any sense of presence. So I had to find other ways of communicating (it turned out that noting synchronicities became my next step, which was also the way that I found out that the entity called Samael was not the "Satan" I'd known, incidentally). It wasn't until after my merger that I actually felt calm again (as versus distressed at having my world and my companions ripped away from me).
When my thing emerged, I lost my internal "chatter" (my multiples) but there was still plenty of it outside of me. Experience-wise, the time span between the emergence and the coalescence was when I was most exposed to external energy being-things, as far as perception goes. Post-coalescence, this was no longer the case; I have not encountered (or at least noticed) beings of an energetic nature in the past two or so years, at the very least. I can still interact with and experience energy and such in a general sense, it's just the beings that no longer show.

Considering the possibility that it may be an issue with brain chemistry, it may not be so simple a fix. Unfortunate, though I think there may be ways around it (assuming it's my own lack of perception and not an actual lack of beings).

~~~
2012-09-09 9:46
Find
Give Thanks
Chordal
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Rain Wrote:When my thing emerged, I lost my internal "chatter" (my multiples) but there was still plenty of it outside of me. Experience-wise, the time span between the emergence and the coalescence was when I was most exposed to external energy being-things, as far as perception goes. Post-coalescence, this was no longer the case; I have not encountered (or at least noticed) beings of an energetic nature in the past two or so years, at the very least. I can still interact with and experience energy and such in a general sense, it's just the beings that no longer show.
Have you considered the possibility that the quietness may be the norm, and not the chatter? I mean, that maybe the chatter was a temporary state due to something you haven't considered yet?
2012-09-10 1:03
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Chordal Wrote:Have you considered the possibility that the quietness may be the norm, and not the chatter? I mean, that maybe the chatter was a temporary state due to something you haven't considered yet?

Not clearly determined which type of chatter you're referring to (internal or external), so I am going to assume external for my reply.

I have considered many reasons for the sudden appearance / disappearance of energetic beings around me, but never did I believe that it was "normal" to be exposed to as much as I was in the period of my emergence. In comparison, while the current state of affairs is closer to "normal" than they were prior, I still believe that the current state of affairs deviate from the "norm" (or display a sudden deadening of the senses).

~~~
2012-09-10 2:08
Find
Give Thanks
Noise
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Rain Wrote:That's rather accurate. For energy beings, I destabilize the target before taking them in and tearing them apart, forcing their energy into smaller and smaller isolated bits until they are no longer able to maintain the being's consciousness / will. It's unfortunate, but if you have memories like that, then the possibility that I'm simply being avoided becomes more likely. Upsetting.

How sad! Have you tried maybe summoning or calling entities, bigger fish than you, like gods or entities from the Lesser Key of Solomon perhaps, to get some answers? If you think other entities are afraid of you, it seems logical to me to try and contact something that very likely has nothing to fear from you, and ask them if they know what's up.

Quote:As far as shadow energy and my energy is concerned, I was fairly certain that what you have said is correct; I don't actively work with shadow energy as far as I am aware... at least in the present. I have very little experience with any energy than the two types I mentioned post-coalescence, and I was using them as examples of how I "perceive" energy so that one might be able to supply me with a more tailored answer. Your answer on that point (and the following analysis) was most certainly suitable, and so I thank you for that.

Thanks!

Quote:Dark, heavy, and warm?

Note, this is important, It seems to me like other entities that are not shadows tend to have a uhh...blind spot, where shadow stuff is concerned, perhaps due to the very nature of shadow-stuff. It may not have much detail at all, if you don't have the right "sensory equipment" to deal with shadow stuff. It may just seem well, dark. Or, quite probably, just be something you don't notice at all. I often wonder if for other entities, the best way to look for shadow energy is to look for "blind spots" that don't seem to resolve or make sense. That's just hypothesizing on my part though.

Quote:Hmm... there's nothing in my memory that corresponds well with that. My supposed contact with shadows / shadow energy was pre-coalescence and therefore suspect in its validity, but it currently brings to mind the thought of placing cotton balls within one's mouth. Without much flavor at all (and what flavor there is, not particularly appetizing) with a very irritating textile consistency. The energy, however, felt to me to be quite light and fairly lukewarm. While it may have had a chilling effect on my body, it did not "taste" cold or warm -- it was nondescript. Is this at all correct? Does it describe a different energy that you know of, perhaps?

I really don't know, I don't have much experience interacting with people who aren't shadows that have dealt with shadow energy. So this is uncharted territory for me. That being said, if you are of the...destructive persuasion, then it's likely that shadow-stuff isn't going to have nearly as bad an effect on you as it does on say, a light based entity. Another problem with all this, is that there's a good chance I'm not exactly a uhh...pure-bred, so my reaction to shadowstuff may be a bit atypical, for a shadow. But I don't really have a good way to explore whether or not I am, so it's really just a possibility we should keep in mind.
2012-09-15 6:08
Find
Give Thanks
Rain
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Noise Wrote:How sad! Have you tried maybe summoning or calling entities, bigger fish than you, like gods or entities from the Lesser Key of Solomon perhaps, to get some answers? If you think other entities are afraid of you, it seems logical to me to try and contact something that very likely has nothing to fear from you, and ask them if they know what's up.

Within the throes of my emergence, I was supposedly in contact with -- to use your terms -- a rather large fish. It divided my body in half and gave one half to It ("a more fair arrangement"), and was somewhat interested in the progress. "I" was frightened of and subservient to it on an instinctive level but, being predominantly human, I became frustrated and decided that if it continued to push me around, I would eat it, even if that was basically an impossibility. While it seemed pleased, it hasn't bothered with me since (... that I am wholly aware of. Very questionable.), and that was the only "big fish" I have come into contact with.

While I wouldn't mind coming into contact with such entities, I can almost 100% assure you that I would attempt to eat them, and I'm fairly certain that just about anything worth dealing with would naturally avoid me, even if only to prevent the irritation of handling such a scenario. Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea as to how to go about summoning *anything*, much less a big fish.

If you happen to know of any methods, however...~

~~~
2012-09-15 10:51
Find
Give Thanks