Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samael
Tzolkin
Student: Sociology/General (A.S. 2010) Computer Science (B.S. 2014) Mathematics (A.S. 2014) Applied Computer Science (M.S. Beg. 2016)
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Samael
Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but this was something where the first people I thought of turning to were the people on this forum, so here I am. As stated in the title, I had a dream involving Samael. I almost never remember names from dreams, let alone ones that I would not have ever thought about beforehand.

It went like this.. I was in my house at midday, standing near the middle of the main room, and my mom and uncle were outside talking. A semi-familiar face walked in. I recognized him as one of the nurses who took care of my brother, and in real life he has the same given name as I do. That was before he was arrested and lost his license, but I digress. Something was different about him. He had a different expression on his face, and he seemed more gruff; less clean cut than I'd remembered him to be.

I asked him what he was doing coming around again, except I called him Samael, instead of what I would have called him in real life. His expression turned darker, and he said some snide comment which I can't remember, but it confirmed I was dealing with something a little more than an ex-nurse. I went over near where we keep the computer to look out the window, when I became aware of something unusual going on. A rose, growing in a vase, was rapidly growing, blocking my way out of the corner. I again strangely knew who had put it there, and what it was doing. It was attempting to ensnare me in order to steal my soul. I called for help, things went blurry, and I recall something ripping the rose apart, though I'm not sure what it was.

I left the house, and started up a hill behind the other houses with one other, unidentified person, explaining to them that I had seen 'Samael the Fallen' just before the attack. I was worried that he was up to something nasty. Things skipped forward and myself, this unidentified person I never actually saw, and a bystander were tracking and planning a rescue of an expecting mother, the bystander's wife, who had been kidnapped, apparently by individuals linked to this same Samael figure. The bystander was a dark-skinned man who wringed his hands a lot in worry. After one run-in with the kidnappers which ended poorly, we devised a plan to go in undercover and bust the operation from the inside. We donned mostly-covering Saudi-like attire and got into the back of a black car, and that's when I woke up.

Anyone have any idea what such a sequence could mean? I'm particularly confused as to why Samael was referenced so much in the dream, as I didn't know anything about him until after I woke up and got to my computer to look him up.

Thanks,

~Tzolkin
2008-11-18 5:57
Find
Give Thanks
Motley
Elephant in the room
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Samael
I do not want green eggs and ham. I do not want them Sam I Am.

Sounds almost like a recruiting pitch, but I'd think he would be better at it if he were really trying. It may be significant that the nurse had the same name as you. Maybe a subconscious attempt to get in touch with your own shadow side. Not saying you're him but...he does tend to symbolize the shadow.

[Image: motleybanner2.png]
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
2008-11-18 17:52
Find
Give Thanks
chaitea
Registered Nurse
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Yay symbols! Now what do they all mean to you personally (taking them out of context a bit first)?
for example, the rose. you say it was growing which is usually a promising sign to most people. yet you described it more as getting in the way rather then lightening your heart (which I'd assume would be the more typical response to that image). After you mentioned the evil intent of the rose my stereotypical assumption of the scenario would be along the lines of someone might be trying to trick you and means much ill will by it.

Home is where the hoard is
[Image: tactless_dragon_banner.png]
2008-11-18 19:32
Find
Give Thanks
Tzolkin
Student: Sociology/General (A.S. 2010) Computer Science (B.S. 2014) Mathematics (A.S. 2014) Applied Computer Science (M.S. Beg. 2016)
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

@Motley: If that's it, I can't say I'm surprised. I already know I have a shadowy nature, but I push it aside most of the time. Which means I'm nice but overly cautious, and that makes me easier to upset due to accumulating stress which was not resolved.

@chaitea: Symbols seem to work a bit differently than the norm, for me. The rose represents passion, to me, and because of that and what you said, symbolically it could mean a passion which is putting a stranglehold on my soul, which is to me the creative spark. The only thing with that, though is that I'm an FX artist. Creativity is what I make my living from. So the only thing I can figure from that part is that my passion for learning new creative skills is interfering with my actually learning them? O_o Sounds very zen.
---
The nurse and I were good friends when he was still taking care of my bro. I wasn't in college then. He was dabbling in witchcraft, so we had a lot of spiritual talks. Also, he taught me how to build computers, a skill I honed later on.

Hmm.. a secondary bent on the Rose section of the dream could be that the association with Samael represented the shadows, but the rose was passion, or emotion, which for me at least has caused me to lose the focus I need to get anything done at all, let alone creatively. The time when I come up with the best work is when the chaos has somehow seeped into the process. The best line art I have made, I made without really caring how the lines went together.

The second part, the unborn baby could maybe represent a new start, or new life? I have been wanting that for a while. The woman with child could be the method by which it comes. And the man could be representative of the compass pointing to that method. The association with Samael again could represent shadows, and our going undercover could mean the need to enter into or embrace the shadowy nature of the path. And I'm pretty sure the one who accompanied and listened to/advised me, whom I never saw was God (or a spirit guide I have yet to meet as such), since when I dream of talking to him, he is always a voice and a presence to my left whom I can sense and hear but never see.

~Tzolkin
2008-11-20 6:46
Find
Give Thanks