Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationships with Walk-ins.
Blazingsmolder
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

Relationships with Walk-ins.
I have heard of people having relationships with other peoples' Walk-ins, or their own, and I'm just generally curious what the you guys think of the whole concept. Is it sorta taboo, too complicated, or just fine if you're in it for the long haul? I hope this isn't too short for a discussion on it ...
2012-03-22 20:13
Find
Give Thanks
Chimera
Wild Librarian
Kintype: Large mixed-origin multiple system
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick 

Re: Relationships with Walk-ins.
We’ve actually met a number of people who are in relationships between two separate systems or people within a the same system. We’ve never seen it as being taboo at all. And of course, when a “singlet” is dating someone who is part of a multiple system, that person may or may not be dating only one person within the system.

In our system we currently have two couples. Myself and Earth Listener are in a bit of an off and on relationship as well, but its not as serious. Kardegray and Cavern-Risen have been in a relationship for about three months now but they’re still in a bit of a “potential” open relationship (since Kardegray is male but our body is female, most straight women don’t care for him and most lesbian don’t want to date a transman). Zeoriel and Spiridon are in a much more long term relationship in their ideals, they’ve been together for about six months now and they’ve been doing well together.

That is just what we have seen and how things are in our system though.

- Mist Weaver
2012-03-23 14:13
Find
Give Thanks
Blazingsmolder
New
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

So, then, is it more common for one of the system to date within the system, or more common for someone outside the system to date someone inside the system? I kinda wonder about that, I guess. A lot of people don't really seem to understand the concept of Walk-ins or Multiples, and are very ... 'rawr' about it when they've been crushing on one and find out, or so I've seen. It seems almost safer to date within the system, but I'd feel really sorry for a Walk-in who grew strong feelings for someone who had a physical body who didn't return the feelings for them at all, or even rejected their existence as a whole ...

Also, I wonder how many people with Walk-ins are scared to share that with others. My friend has a bunch--sounds weird to say that--that I've grown really close to. I pretty much grew up with them all, although she was in her 20s when she met me. I didn't find out until much later that they shared a body on this plane of existence from time to time, after I was shown to them as separate people.

I initially didn't take to it so lightly, but I opened up to them, and to the hostess most importantly, and they're probably the most important people I've met in my entire life time.

The lot of them are mostly family, with one exception who is kinda like a member of an opposing group. He and I are actually ... yunno. And so I didn't really wanna say much unless I knew at least one person thought it didn't really matter.
2012-03-23 16:04
Find
Give Thanks
Estelore
piano instructor, university student
Kintype:
Otherkin:

Our system has several internal relationships (between our own members), and three of us are in a more-or-less-marriage relationship with a singlet outside the system. One of our members is in a more-or-less-marriage relationship with a member of another system, and they have a kid in-system.

[Image: Full%2Bsystem%2Brearranged.png]
--Total--Rosie--Gale--Ax------Es-Asher-Chunes--Lor-Cade-Ruby--Leo--Crow-Kirke-Teia-
2012-03-27 0:11
Find
Give Thanks
Chimera
Wild Librarian
Kintype: Large mixed-origin multiple system
Otherkin: No

Blazingsmolder Wrote:So, then, is it more common for one of the system to date within the system, or more common for someone outside the system to date someone inside the system? I kinda wonder about that, I guess. A lot of people don't really seem to understand the concept of Walk-ins or Multiples, and are very ... 'rawr' about it when they've been crushing on one and find out, or so I've seen. It seems almost safer to date within the system, but I'd feel really sorry for a Walk-in who grew strong feelings for someone who had a physical body who didn't return the feelings for them at all, or even rejected their existence as a whole ...

Also, I wonder how many people with Walk-ins are scared to share that with others. My friend has a bunch--sounds weird to say that--that I've grown really close to. I pretty much grew up with them all, although she was in her 20s when she met me. I didn't find out until much later that they shared a body on this plane of existence from time to time, after I was shown to them as separate people.

I initially didn't take to it so lightly, but I opened up to them, and to the hostess most importantly, and they're probably the most important people I've met in my entire life time.

The lot of them are mostly family, with one exception who is kinda like a member of an opposing group. He and I are actually ... yunno. And so I didn't really wanna say much unless I knew at least one person thought it didn't really matter.

We’re not sure really. I think its fairly common for both to occur I think maybe. We’re still learning about things about the multiple community even after several years of having around there.

We’ve had a case were Zeoriel got a chrush on someone Earth Listener was dating, but because he never could really accept our multiplicity enough to talk to Z nor could he see myself dating another man, Z had to move on.

I think it certainly is hard for some people to be ’out’ to some people in their lives.

- Mist Weaver
2012-03-27 3:43
Find
Give Thanks